PDA

View Full Version : VIC defected on the move?

mugen_ctr
27-08-2012, 10:34 PM
Hey guys i need this cleared up

After yesterdays meet up, besides what went down etc etc...

we were exiting the car park an the cops had the entrance surrounded so really there was no back exit... :/

I noticed some of us got our rego were written down, so this got me worried a bit, can they legally defect a vehicle, minor or major if ur on the move?

And more importantly, i was under the impression that they had to talk to the driver of the vehicle so that can therefore write out the defect and notify him/her of what is wrong with the vehicle.... an slap the sticker on

for those who were there, afaik only 2-3 cars got defected on the spot, but others like us, im not so sure

EKVTIR-T
27-08-2012, 10:39 PM
They can mail you an EPA infringement without stopping you,its happened to me lol

Not sure about defect though sorry

Only got my canarys from being stopped or at booze bus

90LAN
27-08-2012, 10:51 PM
they can send you a letter to go to a testing station where a person that has more knowledge of modification rules can rape your ass
if you do not go to a testing station for x amount of time specified they we un-rego your car
some times its better to cop a defect on the spot
but really its what type of cop you get on the day

mugen_ctr
27-08-2012, 10:51 PM
They can mail you an EPA infringement without stopping you,its happened to me lol

Not sure about defect though sorry

Only got my canarys from being stopped or at booze bus

yeah exactly, ive been through 2 epa an they sent me the letter without telling me about a epa lol, and one minor defect, an on that instance, i got pulled over for it and had the ugly yellow sticker, but im hearing of stories of ppl getting it in the mail with zero knowledge of them ever being pulled over for it which would suck big time

DC2-PWR
27-08-2012, 10:56 PM
Unless they have clear photos of your cars defect and the tool showing why its a defect then they can't.

They use the information (Rego) to mark your car, that is if you do something stupid they have some information on where to find out who it was making their life's easier.

mugen_ctr
27-08-2012, 10:57 PM
they can send you a letter to go to a testing station where a person that has more knowledge of modification rules can rape your ass
if you do not go to a testing station for x amount of time specified they we un-rego your car
some times its better to cop a defect on the spot
but really its what type of cop you get on the day

geez if thats the case, i guess 50 or so cars on the day including myself are in a bit of a shit hole lol... fuuuuuuukkkkkk

guess its time to play the waiting game if anything bad comes out of it :/

mugen_ctr
27-08-2012, 11:03 PM
Unless they have clear photos of your cars defect and the tool showing why its a defect then they can't.

They use the information (Rego) to mark your car, that is if you do something stupid they have some information on where to find out who it was making their life's easier.

ohhh right, i guess that does make more sense, does make me breathe lil better LOL

Stig
30-09-2012, 01:19 AM
Yup, they need a photo of the car before they own you by telling you to go to a police station for "checks", Atjo and Dynall got done this way and had to go to Williamstown police station for "checks"

xenonkuraz
30-09-2012, 02:16 PM
So the cop will photograph your car? What if its performance related?

Stig
30-09-2012, 10:58 PM
so far its only appearance related, so wide rims, height etc... but if its performance ontop of that its a double wammy.

im sure your car would be fine though xenon, lol its stock as a rock... *cough*

unless it sticks out like a sore thumb compared to stock, it should be fine

DC2-PWR
30-09-2012, 11:11 PM
So the cop will photograph your car? What if its performance related?

Depending where you live (every state has different rules in Aus) your rules may force you to change back to OEM parts, or an aftermarket part that has specs simular to OEM. Then after changing you will have to re-comply(RWC) the car again. Then show the documents to the popo.

DNYALL
01-10-2012, 12:09 AM
You might not get defected in the mail, but they can request you to bring your vehicle to their depot for a full roadwrothy check, failure to comply results in cancelled rego + $500 fine. This is how I got done in the civic... :thumbsup:

DNYALL
01-10-2012, 12:10 AM
Wait just read through the thread and this has already been pointed out :/ whoops

xenonkuraz
01-10-2012, 12:38 AM
That's some tough stuff

/epaneedtoleaveusaloneanddefecttrucksinstead

Lukey
01-10-2012, 05:02 PM
why 'defect' trucks?

Johnie
01-10-2012, 11:30 PM
can u still get a epa even if the car is not registered to my name? but im the owner of the car.
I registered it to my sisters name so it wont even get to me.