PDA

View Full Version : HID on CU2

lowr1d3r
28-08-2012, 02:18 PM
i have installed the 6000k hid kit on the cu2, and i think i heard from some of the members that the beam wud be uneven when shining on the floor. it looks like its focusing not in the centre but abit to the left. is that normal? also the left side seem to have like a light blue tinge to it.. is that normal? :(

I CU2
28-08-2012, 03:22 PM
Halogen projectors aren't meant to be used with HID bulbs, their internal cutoff line is focused for halogens.

http://www.pakwheels.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/3.jpeg

That's HID's in a halogen projector. Notice how the light is still focusing towards the middle and there is still scatter above the cutoff line (which is what causes glare towards oncoming traffic).

This is a HID designed projector:

http://www.pakwheels.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/1.jpeg

Notice how sharp the cutoff is in comparison and that there's no upward flaring. The beam pattern has a nice consistency throughout and is not focused in the centre or any particular area.

Note: The cut-off of these pictures is slightly higher on the right, ours is reversed. So we'd have a higher section on the left in order to prevent oncoming glare and to light up the footpath - I'm not sure if that's what you meant by focusing to the left? but the light intensity should be consistent throughout.

lowr1d3r
28-08-2012, 11:46 PM
yup ok thanks for the help :).. so ye.. now i have hid on the halo projectors... i guess its stilll ok rite?

lowr1d3r
28-08-2012, 11:48 PM
what i mean was like.. when it shoots out.. i look at the ground and it looks funny.. i dunno..mayb like u said that projectors is only for halos

HunterZero
29-08-2012, 02:06 PM
In Australia, the beam pattern should look like this: \_\_

HID projectors with HID bulb give a very clean beam cutoff. HID bulbs in halogen projectors will scatter all over the place.

If your beam pattern is scattering above where it was using the halogen bulbs, then that is bad. You're going to be dazzling oncoming drivers with that setup, so no, it's not OK. It's not road legal to retrofit a cheap HID kit in halogen projectors without headlight washers.

- HZ