PDA

View Full Version : CU2 - Cleaning Peforated leather?

game_accord
28-08-2012, 10:18 PM
Hi,

About to take delivery with this car from a used dealer. They tried to clean it with out any success. As you can see only when looking at an angle there is like a "white stain". I'm unsure what this is due to but I think the previous owner had used a thick cream (leather clean) that sunk into the holes of the leather and dried up cause a white patch.

What options do I have to clean this out?

I CU2
28-08-2012, 10:57 PM
Get some shoe polish which turn leather shoes black again. I had a small patch like that on mine and sure at first it was darker in comparison with the surrounding leather but after about a month the colour is the same.

This was only on a small patch but so I'm not sure about a larger patch like that.

EKVTIR-T
28-08-2012, 11:17 PM
They probably spilled a coffee or something there in their lap

Trouble is its gone into the holes so gonna need a good scrub,maybe with a soft bristle brush and leather cleaner?

game_accord
29-08-2012, 05:37 AM
The patch is on all four seats and back rest only where the leather has holes and not the flat part.

caudex
29-08-2012, 01:02 PM
I would say, give it a good scrub with a soft bristle + leather cleaner (make sure its for dark colors).
Then apply G-Techniq L1 Leather Coat to restore the color and make it look new again. Then keep applying the L1 Leather Guard every 3 months to keep it looking like new.

G-Techniq stuff is a little expensive, but it is well worth it if you want to keep your leather looking good after several years. They also avoid this sort of stuff if you spill some stuff over it.

game_accord
29-08-2012, 09:03 PM
Where can i buy it from?

caudex
29-08-2012, 09:20 PM
You can get GTechniq Products from here:
http://gtechniq.com.au/

Their C1 Crystal Lacquer Paint Protection is REALLY good, but it is best to get it professionally applied.