PDA

View Full Version : EK9 Muffler Straight bolt on to Xforce system

EGG5
29-08-2012, 10:29 PM
Hi Guys,

My EG is currently running an Xforce cannon exhaust system and was wondering if an EK9 muffler would bolt straight onto the Xforce system?

And also if the EK9 Muffler would need new hangers?

Sorry for the nooby question! :o

Cheers guys!

Renaissance_x
31-08-2012, 06:09 AM
Any exhaust shop could make it fit and add some new hangers but I don't recomend it if the exhaust inlet is bigger than the exhaust you have on it now.

EGG5
03-09-2012, 07:07 PM
Any exhaust shop could make it fit and add some new hangers but I don't recomend it if the exhaust inlet is bigger than the exhaust you have on it now.

Ah alright cheers!, why dont you recommend it if one inlets bigger than the other?

rhys.l
03-09-2012, 07:24 PM
Should bolt on mate

HondaTurboVtec
03-09-2012, 10:36 PM
Ah alright cheers!, why dont you recommend it if one inlets bigger than the other?

I'm confused are you fitting the oem exhaust piping to the xforce muffler? If so what are the diameter on both?

EGG5
04-09-2012, 12:18 AM
Should bolt on mate

Alright cheers, ill give it a shot on the weekends!

I'm confused are you fitting the oem exhaust piping to the xforce muffler? If so what are the diameter on both?

OEM EK9 Muffler to Xforce piping

HondaTurboVtec
04-09-2012, 04:52 PM
OEM EK9 Muffler to Xforce piping

Are they both same size or?

Spoon SiRG
04-09-2012, 06:24 PM
NO it will not bolt on.

The X force B-pipe uses a different flange. (flat)

You will need to cut & weld an OEM EK9/ DC2R OEM B-pipe flange onto the X force B-pipe; or cut & weld an aftermarket flange onto the EK9 axleback; or just weld them together lol.

The OEM hangers just need to be slightly bent in to fit your EG Hatch nicely.

Might as well cut & shorten the tip to sit flush with the bumper. (Will stick out a bit)

mcOZ
04-09-2012, 06:40 PM
NO it will not bolt on.

The X force B-pipe uses a different flange. (flat)

You will need to cut & weld an OEM EK9/ DC2R OEM B-pipe flange onto the X force B-pipe; or cut & weld an aftermarket flange onto the EK9 axleback; or just weld them together lol.

The OEM hangers just need to be slightly bent in to fit your EG Hatch nicely.

Might as well cut & shorten the tip to sit flush with the bumper. (Will stick out a bit)

^+1

I just installed my OEM EK9 muffler onto my X force system, just need to do what Spoon SiRG said and it will fit nicely.