PDA

View Full Version : Del sol front bar reinforcement bar missing?

Joeey
30-08-2012, 09:57 PM
I have a 1992 del sol which i have recently purchased, just not too long ago i took the front bumper off to respray but i realised it doesn't have a front reinforcement bar?

I asked someone who worked at a wrecker and they told me the 92-94 del sols did not come with front reo bars?

Is that true? I think its just missing because this damn car is dodged up LOL

bennjamin
30-08-2012, 10:07 PM
id say its because whoever repaired it last - took the $100-200 set aside from insurance payout to repair , instead of fixing it properly.

I suggest you get a reinforcement bar - my first EG civic was written off at low speed due to no front or rear reinforcement bars.

Joeey
30-08-2012, 10:10 PM
id say its because whoever repaired it last - took the $100-200 set aside from insurance payout to repair , instead of fixing it properly.

I suggest you get a reinforcement bar - my first EG civic was written off at low speed due to no front or rear reinforcement bars.

Exactly my thought.
will a reo bar from a EG or teg fit on the del sol?
or will i have to source a del sol one?

dc292177917
05-09-2012, 11:09 PM
Exactly my thought.
will a reo bar from a EG or teg fit on the del sol?
or will i have to source a del sol one?

del sol's front reinforcement bar is model specific

Joeey
05-09-2012, 11:16 PM
del sol's front reinforcement bar is model specific

Yeh i actually found that out after going to heaps of wreckers which had del sol's which ripped the front end apart to only find that a front reo bar is missing...
everyones first answer was "must of been a dodged up repair" LOL
Finally went to honbits and got told it never had one to begin with.

dc292177917
05-09-2012, 11:24 PM
u can always get one from the states
i m going to do it when funds available
it helps with the chassis rigidity and aligns yr front bar better

Joeey
05-09-2012, 11:27 PM
I was just going to mig one up or mod one from a integra or civic.
shouldn't be too hard, after all, all it is, is a bar preventing a engine block in your lap when you crash into something head first.