PDA

View Full Version : honda today derestrict?

altong0840
02-09-2012, 09:21 AM
hi everyone

i just got a honda today 50cc scooter recently.
when i first got it it only going 51km/h
and i found some website stated it will go up to 65km/h if i replace the variator

therefore i upgraded to the mallossi variator and use the 7G roller weight.
and also took off the washer of the variator too.

but the result only 55km/h...

any idea??

thanks

DLO01
03-09-2012, 06:13 PM
Weight? wind? uphill? downhill? altitude? tyre pressure? fuel? Oil? Every engine/bike has very subtle differences. 'Go up to 65', stating anything up to 65. If your concerned, I wouldn't be.

altong0840
03-09-2012, 07:05 PM
Weight? wind? uphill? downhill? altitude? tyre pressure? fuel? Oil? Every engine/bike has very subtle differences. 'Go up to 65', stating anything up to 65. If your concerned, I wouldn't be.

that's why i am asking if anyone know about the way to improve it
you may not concerned but i would
i just looking for some solution to make it reasonable on road but not trying to compare with the serious bike or 125cc scoot.

DLO01
04-09-2012, 12:42 PM
Ok you are concerned with getting your stock scooter up to some 2nd hand information stating it should 'go up to (very vague) 65' . Ok, I'll reword it.

Ride with the wind, not against it, do some weight reduction, go to the gym & loose weight. Ride as much downhill as possible to gain the affect of gravity. Ride closest to sea level where oxygen is more dense. Ride at night time where air is coolest and more dense. Pump up tyres hard for less rolling resistance. Use a good quality fuel. Use good quality oil. Ride in the 'tuck' position to be as streamlined as possible. Wear tight leathers so there is no flappy material that will create drag.

This should get you to your 'up to 65kph'.

dc2r-man
23-12-2012, 03:27 PM
ok you are concerned with getting your stock scooter up to some 2nd hand information stating it should 'go up to (very vague) 65' . Ok, i'll reword it.

Ride with the wind, not against it, do some weight reduction, go to the gym & loose weight. Ride as much downhill as possible to gain the affect of gravity. Ride closest to sea level where oxygen is more dense. Ride at night time where air is coolest and more dense. Pump up tyres hard for less rolling resistance. Use a good quality fuel. Use good quality oil. Ride in the 'tuck' position to be as streamlined as possible. Wear tight leathers so there is no flappy material that will create drag.

This should get you to your 'up to 65kph'.

lmfaoooo