PDA

View Full Version : should I purchase a 09/10 Lux?

theconcierge
03-09-2012, 10:18 AM
Hi all

I am in the Market for a new car. I have pervioulsy dirven a few Hondas and always enjoyed it.

I am looking at a 09/10ish Euro (lux) Auto. I noticed that quite a few orginal owners purchased the additional two years warrenty so a lot of them are still coverred by Honda. I test drive a new one on the weekend ( no second hand ones aviavable ) and I was impressed.

Since reading this fourm I have become aware of the pinging problem with this model. I have done some reading on other sites and I know that Honda has come out and said that they had a fix - just wondering if this is really the case? Is there any year I should considering purchasing that doesn't have the pinging problem? I plan on keeping thisar for 5+ years and this is the only concern that is holding me back.

Fredoops
03-09-2012, 12:13 PM
Well some folks here still have pinging CU2's, but since Honda affirms that "it's not causing any damage" it shouldn't be a big issue (If Honda Australia is to be believed)

the Pinging issue seems to be limited to pre-facelift CU2's

Another thing to be aware of is if you are buying an auto CU2, you'll actually need to service the transmission more frequent than the logbook suggested.

And as a previous Honda owner Im sure you're already aware of the Honda's higher servicing and part costs (but there's ways around that if you should around... overseas for parts, non-dealer for servicing)

Soulful
03-09-2012, 09:07 PM
and the pre facelift's grille looks better IMO

theconcierge
03-09-2012, 10:04 PM
Is the MY10 a post face lift model?

antony
05-09-2012, 08:15 AM
Is the MY10 a post face lift model?

Yes,the facelift happened mid 2011 for MY12 cars.

All Euros are superb,you will love one,so good luck with your search.

Jasemas
05-09-2012, 05:22 PM
Make sure you have your brakes (rears) checked regularly :)))))

I CU2
05-09-2012, 05:52 PM
Yes,the facelift happened mid 2011 for MY12 cars.

I think you mean that it is a pre-facelift haha.

MR_LATE
08-09-2012, 12:14 AM
It's quite a heavy car and poor leg room at the back. Good for kids to rest their foot after a long day at school
The chrome trim on the drivers door will sit higher than the rear right door
98load rating tyres are going to be expensive
If ur married, wedding ring will scratch the trim of the manual gear knob. But auto is ok