PDA

View Full Version : s200 driving experience

keztec
12-03-2005, 05:07 PM
I drove a friends s2000 the other day.. must say its an amazing car as a wholle...
The power up top is amazing.. handling orgasmic and revs like a bike.......
but its very low on torque had to rev it to 3k to get it off the line normally... thats the only thing that lets it down..

spiller
12-03-2005, 07:08 PM
yeah awesome ars to drive. i think the fact that you hae to take them all the way to get the mot out of them is what makes them so exciting. Like a real race car simulator IMO. As for lack of tourque down low, launching will take care of this problem. They launch fairly had\rd

mike@9K
13-03-2005, 01:10 PM
Yups, the good thing is that if your in the lower revs, all you have to do is downshift, and if its off the line, just launch at 7k. As people have said, its like driving a civic down low, but in the higher revs, its a whole different monster.

crispy
13-03-2005, 08:13 PM
I havent driven one... yet, but from what ive heard the higher you go in the rev range, the more the car sound like it wants more punishment. aparently its better than sex... should drive one and find out i guess

.::F[L]Y::.
13-03-2005, 08:44 PM
test drove one a few weeks back.... gota say driving it with the top down is awesome! cnt wait till i get mine

chris2k
16-03-2005, 04:09 PM
When you reach 9k the car feels like it wants to push more and more.. but damn fuel cut LOL.

I would be great if you could rev it up a bit more... Up to 11,000rpm..

hondaboy
15-04-2005, 07:38 PM
ive heard they are capable of revving to 13k but honda limited it to ~9k for obvious reasons
ie they wanted the motor to last quite some time...

SECUR1TY
28-04-2005, 06:24 PM
the modern hondas were built for a thrashing.. i dont understand why the people with older hondas thrash them more than the owners of the newer hondas.
its a big mystery to me

kenshin
28-04-2005, 06:31 PM
aparently its better than sex... should drive one and find out i guess

yeah... mmmkay...

z3lda
28-04-2005, 11:48 PM
lol...his lacking sex badly...lol...

dc2dc2dc2
28-04-2005, 11:51 PM
the modern hondas were built for a thrashing.. i dont understand why the people with older hondas thrash them more than the owners of the newer hondas.
its a big mystery to me

ahha...well my reason is i don't give a flying fruit bat, my honda is reliable !!! but i guess if u have a new car u wanan look after it a bit, not taking every corner at 6,000rpm! ahahaha...

91'lude
02-05-2005, 08:38 PM
its a big mystery to me

Old honda's love their thrashing too... ask racinghonda *if he finds this thread*, he use to have a VL Turbo, thrashed it, things kept blowing, like turbo's, engine heads, etc etc, constant problems, and thats a Nissan engine!

Yet his 3rd gen prelude goes well into the redline *to the fuel cut off* daily, and has done for years, and still has basically perfect compression and no engine damage... he does look after it will...

All in all, all honda's love a thrashing, just today did i see a trashy old 70's civic roaring through a 40kmh school zone up near the limiter in 1st... i laughed.

ANd for whoever said a s2000 was like a civic down low... id more saw prelude vtir... similar low torque to the h22a more than the b16... but lighter, and give her a bit of a shake and she shows the 75 grand car she is.

racinghonda
04-05-2005, 10:54 AM
Driven a S2k. Fantastic drivetrain. The sound is incredible and so is the urge. Just asking to be driven hard. Handling is a bit twitchy in the rear for me.

And yes, my 3g Lude is driven hard everyday. No problems after 230,000kms, touching wood . . . .

IndoStyler
09-05-2005, 08:34 PM
i want an S2K!!!!

i wanna get rid of my crappy 5th gen SI lude.....this lude of mine is pretty hard to tune. either that, or i need to spend too much money

PLES2K
09-05-2005, 10:56 PM
Dont diss ur own 5th gen, my bro has ur model and its sweet on the twisties :)

IndoStyler
09-05-2005, 11:28 PM
my bad.....i just want an s2k thats all:D

IndoStyler
10-05-2005, 12:06 PM
so guys....i want to know more abt ur S2K experience

i'm yet to have mine....but soon hopefully:)

kez13
16-05-2005, 01:55 PM
Ive always wanted to test drive one, I wish to buy one a about a year. Its good to know that you approve! :) Thank you

PaZzMaN-R
31-05-2005, 11:32 PM
hey guys my oppinion of the s2k well here it is. i own a ek4. i drove it and realy enjoyed driving it thought it was realy easy to drive and absolutely loved the short shifter and the fact that the top was down:). actual performance wise i found the seating position a little weird as im used to sitting closer to the front wheels and steering felt a bit awequard due to this. performance wise i opened her up and waited to hear mr vtec kick in but sadely never herd it or felt it i was unimpressed, i think it went alright with a very smooth acceleration. a fantastic and easy car to drive i was smilling the whole time and the rest of the day. also gotta love the start button:)

Creative
01-06-2005, 06:54 PM
How did you not feel vtec?

Because it was so smooth?

I dont get it? :)

rakfint
01-06-2005, 10:29 PM
do tell?? I am yet to drive one.. but can imagine (or thought) it'd be an awesome car all round...

PaZzMaN-R
01-06-2005, 11:04 PM
well compared to my car i didnt feel the vtec. in my car its very noticable. it was still a awesome car to drive and i loved it. id suggest that the reason for this is because it was so smooth and stock.

Creative
02-06-2005, 01:58 PM
The local honda dealer has a $7K off making it $65 + onroad special atm with a 2005 spec with only pre delivery kms on it in Silver and black interior....

Wish I was working ;)