PDA

View Full Version : New Shocks

fasn8d
03-09-2012, 07:33 PM
Today i was notified that my car will require new shocks soon as it has worn bump rubbers on all four. The car is a Civic EK 1997 model.. Anyone know rough pricing for replacement?

thanks

Renaissance_x
03-09-2012, 10:02 PM
It depends on what brand, monroe is cheap and good for stock replacement but for performance it's best to get a good brand like koni and bilstein. KYB is a good inbetween brand so the question is how long's a piece of string. Btw who said you need new shocks? A bit of wear is normal for a car it's age.

EKVTIR-T
03-09-2012, 10:04 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?161279-Koni-STR.T-Koni-Yellow-on-a-Budget!

TbM
03-09-2012, 10:25 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?161279-Koni-STR.T-Koni-Yellow-on-a-Budget!
+ 1 for Koni's, ive got the koni yellows on my car and they are great. Senna is an excellent trader, highly recommended.

EKVTIR-T
03-09-2012, 10:33 PM
+ 1 for Koni's, ive got the koni yellows on my car and they are great. Senna is an excellent trader, highly recommended.

இடையே தாவுவதற்கு ஏற்றார்போல உள்ளன. பெரும்பாலும், இந்தியா,

இந்தோனேசியா, தென் சீனா ஆகிய பகுதிகளில் மழைவளம் நிறந்த செழிப்பான

காடுகளில் வாழ்கின்றன. சாவா, சுமத்திரா, போர்னியோ ஆகிய :thumbsup:

curtis265
04-09-2012, 01:37 AM
pm senna for f1 speed service

DakDak
04-09-2012, 09:59 AM
Senna is the man for this kinda thing.

senna
04-09-2012, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the comments guys :thumbsup:

OP, give me a call or come past the shop if you are in western Sydney - i can give you a couple of options to fit in with your budget

fasn8d
04-09-2012, 10:35 AM
thanks guys.. just got a service from my mechanic. Asked him to put some king springs in it and he said that i shouldnt because of the wear on the shocks.. Just after stock replacement as i dont want to waste alot of money on this car. Does that sound right? He didnt mention a price on replacement of shocks etc.
So just curious.

Renaissance_x
06-09-2012, 11:49 AM
thanks guys.. just got a service from my mechanic. Asked him to put some king springs in it and he said that i shouldnt because of the wear on the shocks.. Just after stock replacement as i dont want to waste alot of money on this car. Does that sound right? He didnt mention a price on replacement of shocks etc.
So just curious.

If you just want to lower for cheap monroe or kyb will do.

TheSaint
24-09-2012, 05:06 PM
when my shocks died on my EG i shopped around and the cheapest i could find was Skunk2 Sport Shocks from ebay
they came with new bump stops + top bush's but i had to re-use my old top-hats
lowered the car about 0.5 to 1 inch and stiffened the ride a little but wasnt crazy
koni's are probably better but i found that they were more expensive

and yes - lowering springs - no matter the quality - will wear out ur original shocks alot quicker