PDA

View Full Version : eBay front lip AP1

Dylaan
04-09-2012, 04:01 PM
Hey guys,

I've been looking at getting an AP1 front lip for my S2000. I've looked on eBay but they seem the vary in price greatly. I'm worried that if I buy one of the cheaper ones, it won't fit as well as one of the more pricey ones. I saw one on firesport that was for sale a while ago that was already painted in the colour I need, but it seems to have disappeared.

Has anybody else bought a front lip off eBay for their S2000? Also did it cost much to paint and was installation straight forward?

Thanks!

JimeeeH
04-09-2012, 07:28 PM
just bought one off ebay a week ago, getting it professionally painted as well as my rear spoiler will have photos up when i install it should be weekend.
will let you know how good fitment is.

Dylaan
04-09-2012, 08:00 PM
nice, may I ask which buyers you got the lip and spoiler from?

whokid
04-09-2012, 09:42 PM
I suggest you should buy OEM lip for the best fitment, its not hard to find a second hand one

pure_na
05-09-2012, 01:19 PM
I suggest you should buy OEM lip for the best fitment, its not hard to find a second hand one

i hope by that statement you know where to get one? i would really apreciate a heads up as i'm looking for an oem one. thanks :)

EDIT: response to OP, from what i've heard, musecret lips are the best fitting. they are pricier than most though.

JimeeeH
09-09-2012, 12:47 PM
2286022859ok ive done it, front lip was purchased on ebay (oem replica) where as the rear spoiler is oem. not going to lie the front lip was a pain in the arse, if u have the money i really do suggest buying a second hand oem. In saying that though i saved my self cash + its looking sexy as now heres some pictures. Reason why it was a pain in the arse was the predrilled holes did not meet up with the front lip holes so there was adjusting to do, heating the front lip up molding it to the car etc etc, i had some help so it took about an hour but if i was trying to do it alone i would of pulled my hair out. 22861

Dylaan
09-09-2012, 06:58 PM
looks good. Did you paint them yourself or professionally?

JimeeeH
10-09-2012, 12:40 PM
Got it painted from my girlfriend's dad his a professional painter.