PDA

View Full Version : Handling Problem

mickey_matrix
12-03-2005, 10:23 PM
I don't know if it's just the way I drive or if there's something wrong with the car when I'm driving in wet weather. This only happens when I turn right at a round abouts. As I'm turning right it feels as if the car is losing control and it wants to go in the opposite direction. I don't know how else to describe it. I'm pretty sure it's not my wheel alignment, because I just got new tyres ... any suggestions on what the problem is? I'm having a mechanic look at it on Tuesday ...

ECU-MAN
12-03-2005, 10:30 PM
how fast you going around corners.
do you have a print out of the wheel alighnment figures

bennjamin
12-03-2005, 10:38 PM
you may have just got new balanced tyres...but did you recently get an alignment too ?

|N|
12-03-2005, 10:44 PM
u mean understeer??.. maybe the tyres r still too new??

DaPlaya
13-03-2005, 12:32 AM
try slowing down around the corners i guess

jackosimm
13-03-2005, 02:39 PM
you checked the pressure in all the tyres and made sure there even yet?

garett
13-03-2005, 07:02 PM
after you have done and checked all of the above
have a look at the suspension
if you lean on the right hand side of the car does it bounce back up quickly or ease out slowly, or just bounce all over the place
try the other side
it also may be the size of your wheels as if you have a bigger diameter it can put your camber out slightly this happened with my dads accord when he bought it it had 17's on it and allways tracked to the left the tyres were balanced and it had a wheel allignment, then he put the 15's on and it was fine
turns out that the car is designed for japanese roads which are perfectly flat
where as australian rds are slightly bowed so the water runs off to the sides

mickey_matrix
13-03-2005, 07:57 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. The tyres are fine and when I had them fitted they corrected my wheel alignment. I let my friend drive the car and he had the same problem on roundabouts but everything else was fine ...

The size of the wheels are the stock size 14" ... so I don't think that's affecting anything ... I'll get the mechanic to look at the supension. I hope they figure out the problem :)

Thanks again ...

z3lda
13-03-2005, 09:10 PM
wat brand of tyres are they? cuz if they are el cheapo tyres then they will have no grip in the wet and slide all over the place even if they are new

aimre
13-03-2005, 09:19 PM
its understeer. slow down!!! :D:D

egSi
13-03-2005, 09:24 PM

hahaha funny shit^^

wynode
13-03-2005, 09:51 PM
Or backoff the throttle and get a bit of oversteer ;)

aimre
14-03-2005, 09:29 AM
I did that at the rocks with my old ED,
Understeered, backed off, front wheels bite down, rear lifts, back slides out initial d stylez :D :D

should have seen the faces of all those ppl at the sight of a drifting civic :eek: :eek: