PDA

View Full Version : 96 Civic VTi-R engine modification parts

master_bo_bo
13-03-2005, 09:59 AM
Hey all

I currently drive a 96 Civic Vti-R Hatch and wanting to do some engine modfications. This is the list of things I want to get but so far having no luck in Brisbane finding these parts. The list are:

VTEC Stage 2 Camshaft
11:1 Compression Pistons
adjustable Cam Gear
Valve springs

Integra Type R intake manifold
Hondata Custom ECU

If anyone has any places that stock or can get these parts please let me know as well..if anyone has any suggestions or opinions about the engine modification, please PM me or reply this thread

Thanks in advance

JDM.Power
13-03-2005, 10:06 AM
getting of topic of one second!..HEY an WELCOME ! and enjoy your stay :P btw..ask 28RAG since his in qld an he should mostly know where to get them

master_bo_bo
13-03-2005, 10:18 AM
Hey JDM Power

Thanks for the welcome. From your signature, I assume u have a B18C in your EG civic. Just wondering whether its a black top B18C or Red top B18C? I got an email reply from this wrecker stating they have a black top b18 halfcut in stock for $5000 w/o panels. I assume the blacktop is from the Integra GSR. Do u think its worth the swap from B16A2 to B18C blacktop? or is my engine modification a better option??

JDM.Power
13-03-2005, 10:32 AM
umm atm i dont have a car :( btw ur question...yeah the black top is from the vti-r an the gsr...and the red one is from the itr..wells depends on the turbo kit..cause a stock vti-r ek is 118kw + the turbo kit = around 150kw depends on ur setup...an will do a 14 or mayb high 13s @ 1/4mile(correct me if im wrong)..but il go ahead with the turbo...
and you will be pulling more power than the stock b18c ..but anyways its up 2 you cheers

Lyle_Style
13-03-2005, 10:48 AM
hey buddy
qcb771@hotmail.com -----> That is james he is a hondata dealer and tuner currently owns a crx calld BlxCRX.

Also a very good work shop that will do quality work is charlies motors in brisbane, wollongabba near the stadium on wellington rd. They can supply a variety of parts for hondas

Good luck dude

master_bo_bo
13-03-2005, 11:09 AM
Personally I would like to build an N/A car, however I will take turbo into consideration. If i get turbo, I would need to change the pistons to forged as well connector rod??? I have a 2 and half inch fujitsubo legalisR cat-back exhaust atm, which means that has to go if i get a turbo kit, cos i heard turbo car needs a 3inch to use it to its full potential? correct me if i'm wrong.

JDM.Power
13-03-2005, 11:22 AM
if you want boost..go turbo..but then you gotta change some stuff...work out the money bit also..if it adds more than the b18c..go for the b18c since u wanna build a n/a car also

cusco echo
13-03-2005, 11:33 AM
i might have a spoon adjustable cam gears for sale a few weeks later in brisbane, also toda value springs and spoon camshaft, so let me know if u are interested in them

Knyte
13-03-2005, 11:55 AM
Hey Master Bo Bo
If you have problems sourcing parts from Aus. Check out "www.horsepowerfreaks.com" They're in Portland i Think. Really good and reliable. Ordered block guard, cams, cranks, pulley, valve springs and arrived here in aus around 2-3 weeks.
I found them to be cheaper than what i would've paid had i got the parts in Aus.
There are of course other sites you can check but just letting you know of these guys through personal experience.

garett
13-03-2005, 07:09 PM
i think it is way cooler to have an NA car which develops the same kind of power as a turbo and you will have less insurance problems
if you are keen on turbo's and looking to put one on your B16A2 Autobarn can get low compression turbo pistions for the B16A2 through their supplyer called rocket, so give them a try, if they say " uh i dont think we can get that" which happens quite a bit tell them to look in the rocket book!
good luck dude whatever you do