PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here have a JG intake manifold? HELP

yello_dc2
13-03-2005, 01:26 PM
i got one of these on my car and was wondering if their idle is playing up when running the intake manifold with stock ECU. when i clutch to take a corner and the idle drops, so it drops all the way til it stalls.

DynoDave
13-03-2005, 01:53 PM
i got one of these on my car and was wondering if their idle is playing up when running the intake manifold with stock ECU. when i clutch to take a corner and the idle drops, so it drops all the way til it stalls.
That is nothing out of the ordinary with a manifold of that size and the STD ECU what is the rest of your setup and why did you fit that manifold.These manifolds are suited to large N/A engines or turbo setups using a programmable ECU.
Regards Dyno Dave

yello_dc2
13-03-2005, 02:15 PM
That is nothing out of the ordinary with a manifold of that size and the STD ECU what is the rest of your setup and why did you fit that manifold.These manifolds are suited to large N/A engines or turbo setups using a programmable ECU.
Regards Dyno Dave

The manifold came with the car. I've got 4-1 extractors 2.5" exhaust sys & vtec air/fuel controller. Do I need a programmable ECU, if so wat brand? any recommended tuners in melboune?

yello_dc2
13-03-2005, 02:53 PM
oh, by the way its for a intergra type r

BLKCRX
13-03-2005, 03:03 PM
Iv tuned many DC2's and other Honda’s b16/b18/b20vtec with the JG intake and even the skunk 2 intake manifold around Australia, I also run a JG on my 400kw+ b16 CRX and Dave is 100% correct you will get those problems if you can not control the duty cycle of your idle control, and the conditions on how your engine behaves when lifting off the throttle, the only way to fix this problem is via a fully programmable ECU... My ECU suggestion should be obvious ;)

Regards James

Fattony
14-03-2005, 11:04 AM
I run a JG Edelbrock plenum inlet on my integra with headers, 2.5 inch zorst. When i had the car stock with that manifold ive never seen a problem like this, infact the car runs better with the manifold, just drinks a lil more juice. Even when i had the 25% larger t body running all with stock ecu didnt have a problem, apart from the fact that the t body was faulty, but that aside it might be wise to check out hose connections ect, make sure there is no vac leak and make sure everything like idle bypass motor is all tight as that does funny things when not secured to the plenum properly (read: i left some1 else to tighten that and didnt check it) wondered why my idle was over the place.