PDA

View Full Version : Double Din 7" question

tame27
18-09-2012, 06:52 PM
Hi have been searching around google to try find an answer for this
am looking to install a double din into my cl9 euro and have come across people who sacrifice steering wheel controls to use the HU

does anyone know any head units that would be reccomended to install straight into the car which also work with steering wheel controls

saw that pac swix may be needed,but just curious if anyone on here has installed any without needing a "pac swix" and if theyre is any type of coding i can look for in the description to ensure that steering wheel controls will be useable.

cheers

envoytheguy
19-09-2012, 10:17 PM
I believe its possible to keep steering wheel controls with most branded headunits (sony, pioneer, jvc etc), but you'll need an interface between the headunit and the controls. This is where the PAC comes in. An alternative to that is Axxess. From what I heard, Axxess is much easier to install. They can both be bought off the net for under 100 and shouldn't be too hard to DIY if you follow the supplied instructions correctly.

Drifter995
23-09-2012, 05:53 AM
I don't think you can do it without an adaptor... Ones I'd choose from would be the parrot or the pac...
But yeah, as said above, SHOULD be compatible with most new brand headunits.

tame27
24-09-2012, 09:45 PM
i just bought a new headunit , suprise suprise it doesnt fit into the fascia haha...
but it did come with a steering wheel control remote so im hoping that will work

SQXPRT
01-01-2013, 03:13 PM
The new philips head units have steering control interface built in, very easy.

Travis_Gib0
05-01-2013, 11:34 AM
Kenwood double din headunits also have steering wheel feature built in ad everything programs through tr kenwoods menu. It comes with a 3.5mm jack that has a socket on the back of the deck and plugs in and then the other end of the cable has 3 wires that you connect to your steering control wires that are in the factory loom.

Slow.ek1
24-01-2013, 11:32 AM
why not just order a aeropro facia should fix your problem :)

-JC-
24-01-2013, 12:39 PM
Hi have been searching around google to try find an answer for this
am looking to install a double din into my cl9 euro and have come across people who sacrifice steering wheel controls to use the HU

does anyone know any head units that would be reccomended to install straight into the car which also work with steering wheel controls

saw that pac swix may be needed,but just curious if anyone on here has installed any without needing a "pac swix" and if theyre is any type of coding i can look for in the description to ensure that steering wheel controls will be useable.

cheers

I doubt you will be able to get around this issue without an adapter of some sort (depending on what flavour head unit you go with), I have had experience with the 'Pac' product and whilst it worked in my Mitsubishi Triton (with Alpine Multimedia Station) it did lag somewhat at times, which was quite frustrating.

As with any audio adventure, best speak to the person who will be installing it, set a budget and blah blah blah. Depending on where you are located, I (or someone else) should be able to point you in the direction of a competent installer who can look after this for you. if you are DIY'ing, you will find all of the info you need on this here internet, just make sure you do plenty of reading, it's the free part of the solution that can save you plenty on the parts that cost $$$.