PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here ride anymore?

Hayday91
22-09-2012, 05:21 PM
As title suggests, wondering if this dead section has anyone hiding about!
Good weather starting to show up, need some ride days.

TexNAss
22-09-2012, 11:45 PM
Good weather? Oh you must be down south- as almost everyday is a great day to ride up here.

Lately i've been spending time on the Er6n as (the Mrs has taken a liking to the DC5s and is refusing to give te keys back-) the DC2 has been getting new bushes and other shiny bits fitted.

Other toy is an '84 750cc Katana which is more fun on the open road but no so good around town. It gets grumpy with all the stop lights and it doesn't like them speed camera vans either. The last time it got a trip- it swallowed 6demerit points.

This week 500km on the bike and only 1 near miss. It's been a good week!

Cheers,

Tex

Hayday91
25-09-2012, 09:32 AM
Ugh.. I'm jealous of all your toys lol.
Not so good week on my end, did a 300km ride and my cbr died on me.
Had to trailer it home. :(

DLO01
25-09-2012, 12:35 PM
I ride every day and have been for the past 5 years. Rain, hail or shine. Got the 2 bikes, one the daily and the other one the weekend bike. Mostly ride with my Dad on the weekends. Are you guys on any other forums? Bike forums? Netrider?

So what do you think is wrong with the Cbr Hayday?

Hayday91
26-09-2012, 11:57 AM
I'm a member on cbr250.com and visit netrider from time to time.
I also joined Sydney's riders on Facebook and they seem to ride pretty frequently, though I hear they're a bunch of pretty skilled riders so I haven't been out on any rides yet. Wanting to hone my skills a bit more first. :)

Now for my poor ol' bike. I suspect I filled up with some dirty fuel in the blue mountains, which in turn has screwed up the carbs requiring a good clean and general service. Though after the bike died I left it for about 30 mins and tried to start it again, then I heard a clunk sound, which now worries me that the engine is hydro locked.

My baby is currently sitting at the mechanic waiting for a checkup, so once everything has been properly diagnosed and sorted I may decide to give it a go myself. Fingers crossed it isn't too expensive.

What's your daily DL? Or is it the F4 and you have something even nicer for the spirited weekend rides?

TALEB TYRES
26-09-2012, 12:11 PM
Jumpstarted the gixxa on Sunday( shows ho wmuch use it gets), having second thoughts about wanting to sell it now that its heating up!

DLO01
26-09-2012, 12:12 PM
Cool cool. Hopefully its nothing too major. Yeh, I too visit Netrider every so often.

My daily is a Honda VFR800. Had it since late 2007. Really great bike and has served me well. Its just a great all rounder. The weekend machine is my 2011 MV F4. Awesome bike, super fast. My dad also has an F4 but its a brand new 2012 F4RR. Hes also got a 2011 Repsol CBR1000RR and a few other bikes. Very cool dad indeed.

Hayday91
27-09-2012, 08:55 AM
Lol everyone has these awesome bikes and here I am on a little cibbie.
DL, what on earth does your dad do for a living to afford all these toys?!
Very jealous indeed.

Hey TT, can you get bike tyres too? I can't believe you had to jump the gsxr lol.
I agree with not selling it though! Way too much fun to be had.

DLO01
27-09-2012, 12:23 PM
Dad is retired. He was a motor mechanic, but just does his own thing now.

TALEB TYRES
27-09-2012, 04:15 PM
Na dont do bike tyres, Yea i guess it was the 3-4 months of sitting there without being touched! one start and she was good to go though.

Dont under estimate your cibbie! i had one starting off and they are an absolute ball to fling around, jumped on my mates RR on Sunday as well and it was like sitting in your first car again haha i miss redlining the fk out of it.

Hayday91
27-09-2012, 10:19 PM
Oh man, a retiree with some badass bikes. That's pretty awesome!

Ohh TT you let me down. I'm on the hunt for tyres at a decent price. I'm considering buying from overseas just for the savings.
Believe me, I don't underestimate my baby haha. I've seen some guys pull 0-100 in 5 secs. I can't wait until I've mastered that kinda clutch control for a hard launch lol. Gunna leave some serious cars in some serious dust for a fraction of the cost.*

*I don't advocate street racing, nor does anyone else on OzHonda. :)

DLO01
28-09-2012, 07:06 AM
Yeh, you'd picture an old guy on a cruiser of something. Dads 72 now and still fit enough to ride these fast sportsbikes. Good on him though.

I PMed you about tyres Hayday.

kraiye
28-12-2012, 08:46 PM
i head out with a couple mates every few weeks. alternate between car and bike for getting to work.
looks like u may need to move up north ;)

10KRPM
29-12-2012, 06:54 PM
Tyres for bikes at albion usually do good deals on tyres.