PDA

View Full Version : Gear Knob

mastermind54
25-09-2012, 11:12 AM
I have purchased a new honda 5 sp gear knob..
just wanna know how you would go about removing the original from my 5th gen prelude?

turning both ways didnt help because it was rotating with the leather cover attached to the stick :(

eLtrix
25-09-2012, 11:14 AM
Strange, it should just twist straight off. Make sure you screw anti clock wise.. Remember, righty tighty, lefty loosey. LOL.

If it is really stuck on, youll have to remove the arm rest and such until the point of your gear knob. And it should make it easier i suppose.

aaronng
25-09-2012, 11:58 AM
Pull the leather cover down. It should be attached the stock knob with a few clips on the underside. Then you can remove the knob.

lolmclol
26-09-2012, 02:16 PM
use your mind, not your hands!

curtis265
26-09-2012, 02:27 PM
I have purchased a new honda 5 sp gear knob..
just wanna know how you would go about removing the original from my 5th gen prelude?

turning both ways didnt help because it was rotating with the leather cover attached to the stick :(

pull the boot down - yank it. It's got a clip

Strange, it should just twist straight off. Make sure you screw anti clock wise.. Remember, righty tighty, lefty loosey. LOL.

If it is really stuck on, youll have to remove the arm rest and such until the point of your gear knob. And it should make it easier i suppose.

you cannot remove a bb6 armrest without removing the knob