PDA

View Full Version : Euro and E-tag

Pup
14-03-2005, 10:46 AM
Hey, am about to get my euro (mid april) and I have one little concern!
I have an e-tag in my currant honda accord and want to use it in the euro (of course) but I am wondering about the antana on the windscreen.

Does the e-tag work through the antana or do I have to find somewhere else?

aaronng
14-03-2005, 10:56 AM
I put the e-tag on the dark area behind the rear-view mirror. It works on mine. Oh yeah, use those 3M command adhesive strips. They are easy to take off when you need to, and don't leave a residue on your windscreen.

yfin
14-03-2005, 10:57 AM
Hey, am about to get my euro (mid april) and I have one little concern!
I have an e-tag in my currant honda accord and want to use it in the euro (of course) but I am wondering about the antana on the windscreen.

Does the e-tag work through the antana or do I have to find somewhere else?

What antenna on the windscreen? The antenna is in the rear window.

h22a accord
14-03-2005, 12:31 PM
now that u mention it. hahaha.

VirIIx
14-03-2005, 01:42 PM
my eway tag is never glued to the car :)

i have it in my driver side door pocket, take it out when i cross the toll's. Nice and easy if i ever need to take another car through tolls :)

Peekay34
14-03-2005, 03:06 PM
Melbourne Transurban has a etag holder that uses suction cups instead of silcone glue stuff I have one in my car. Costs approx $5 bucks.

Pup
14-03-2005, 09:17 PM

In the honda luxury its the horrible black thing on the top of the front windscreen

I was told by the sales guy it was the antana and I read it in an information booklet thing and from a honda rep.

I hope its the antana cause otherwise its bloody ugly and I want it gone hahaha!

Am thinking about the 3M ones, I don't like suction cups from experaince of it constantly falling off! (other things not an e-tag)

But its good to know it will still work through that black holely thing on the front window regardless!!!

SSML
14-03-2005, 09:31 PM
Pup: I think that black thing u are referring to is the auto wipper sensor, Not antenna.
yfin's right, antenna is in the rear wisdow.

aaronng
14-03-2005, 10:27 PM
Yeah, because my Euro base model doesn't have that black thing in the front. Hehe

tron07
21-05-2007, 08:49 AM
Got a new etag, it comes with 2 legs and the unit can be pull out from the legs. The legs already got some kind of 3M sticky adhesives, but I am not too sure if I want to stick em on the windscreen ATM....

lordlissie
21-05-2007, 09:05 AM
I tried to stick my etag clip onto my Euro on the weekend and it wouldn't stick - the adhesive strip wouldn't sit high enough to bond with the windscreen.

I'll investigate those suction things... thanks!

yfin
21-05-2007, 09:03 PM
Great thread revival guys...Very impressive. Good to see some people search

http://www.hhcc.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/04/Back_to_the_Future.jpg

tony1234
22-05-2007, 08:15 AM
On the subject of e tags i'm looking at getting one.There are a few types,any suggestions as to which one is the best?BTW i live in Sydney south............thanks.

tron07
22-05-2007, 09:35 AM
All these while I thought there only one type... RTA etag/etoll

sendok
22-05-2007, 10:06 AM
yeah, etag should be fine on top windscreen.. even cover by black glasses. as long is not block by thing..

Lukey13
22-05-2007, 07:06 PM
In the honda luxury its the horrible black thing on the top of the front windscreen

I was told by the sales guy it was the antana and I read it in an information booklet thing and from a honda rep.

I hope its the antana cause otherwise its bloody ugly and I want it gone hahaha!

Am thinking about the 3M ones, I don't like suction cups from experaince of it constantly falling off! (other things not an e-tag)

But its good to know it will still work through that black holely thing on the front window regardless!!!

I thought that black device was the sensor for the auto-dimming rear view mirror. Maybe it's also the rain sensor for the wipers.

LXRY
24-05-2007, 12:10 AM
All my cars are flagged....had trouble with one not working took it back...they checked it told me it was working fine...put it on wasn't working again...took it back again...asked me if i had new car, said yep...tinted windscreen, said yep....apparantly some cars have a metallic based tint on ther windscreen e.g renault's and they dont work properly.

So I dont have etag's in my car's at all, I always keep em topped up though....hehe ugly looking things anyhow lol

tron07
24-05-2007, 02:03 PM
hold and put it out the window when going thru the tolls [:D]

EuroAccord13
24-05-2007, 03:38 PM
I just chuck mine on the dash and drive through the toll zones...

kelld79
23-10-2009, 09:34 PM
i got told that if you have a metallic windscreen the tag will only work IN the black shaded area which is the rain sensor that makes your wipers turn on automatically. apparently that's the only place that isn't metallic

Also found a website that sells e-tag brackets with the suction cap if anyone is interested www.unibrac.com:thumbsup:

rayd
24-10-2009, 04:41 PM
hold up, that ugly looking inverted black thing on my windscreen is an auto wiper??

so my 2003 lux is meant to sense when its raining and start the wipers??? because it doesnt right now...

PS: my etag is in the black area above the rear view mirror , works fine.