PDA

View Full Version : 91 Accord EXi Manual 350xxxkms... Are they good?

Adamjoeldavis
27-09-2012, 08:59 PM
I am currently looking at a 1991 Honda Accord EXi, it has a 1.5Ltr (i believe) done 350,500kms, (dont know the history due to I work at a wreckers and my boss just bought this for parts) and he told me I can have it for $500. It is manual, electric everything, orignal radio is suffed (dont care), orignal faded factory alloy wheels, havent tested the cruise control, I took it for a drive around the paddock and it feels nice and easy, sunroof works prefect, its red but the bonnet is fading, the engine looks oily but i will do a compression test before i decide, and there are little bits missing (one of the power windows knobs broken, not centre steering wheel piece. But for $500... would you buy it and use it for daily driving (120kms per day)?

And what else do i need to look for or be aware in the future? and are they nice to drive in? I know the fuel would be the same as my D16y8 EK1 Civic

Jasemas
27-09-2012, 11:53 PM
Well for startes
Youre running a 2.2 Litre F22a9 SOHC Engine
Your best bet would be to do a leak down and compression test
Does your boss know why it was sent to the junkyard?
Only thing youd need to look at is the transmission
Dizzy O-ring tends to sh1t itself
Balance shaft seal would also need to be checked
You may have a minor to major oil leak
If you do buy it for $500
You are getting one of hondas best ever made cars (350, XXXkms) says it all
You'll want to do a timing belt change and change over most rubber hosing
Good luck and get back to us

Adamjoeldavis
28-09-2012, 07:24 PM
Cheers, it was sent because the guy couldnt sell it, plus I live where every p plater wants a commy or a hilux. And bad news which i found out today my trial at work is almost finished meaning I have to save money meaning the Accord is going to the crusher after we get our parts off it :( plus found heaps of rust in the boot (the radio aerial is missing)

Jasemas
29-09-2012, 08:46 AM
Ah well, sorry to hear
Totes get me some parts man :P