PDA

View Full Version : Toda spec B16

Baopham
14-03-2005, 09:38 PM
hey fellas... im just curious if anyone knows what kind of power would a TODA spec JDM B16A have??

basically... if anyone has toda parts in their B16's or B18's please share with me what part they have and what kind of power gains they got...

i was thinkin a JDM B16A with:
(all toda parts)
Billet VTEC type C camshafts
Dual Valve springs
Adjustable campulleys
Light weight flywheel
High power clutch kit
metal head gasket
oil pump gear
and the toda timing belt

what kind of power do u think im lookin at???

cheers fellas

type one
14-03-2005, 09:47 PM
ecu??? going to need something to run those C's...

and that tuned with the cams should give u a healthy gain. But correct me if i am wrong, with spec C's you might consider other mods ie pistons, stronger rods etc.

C's are a little hardcore. For the mods you have listed, A's seem more practical.

Baopham
15-03-2005, 07:14 AM
ahh i see.. thanks man.. anymore help/opinions etc would be helpful

Macros
15-03-2005, 09:48 AM
What model of valve springs?
Weight of flywheel?
Thickness of gasket?

Im not sure of the specs of the "Billet VTEC type C camshafts" but sounds like you'd need some expensive valvetrain parts to stop your valves floating.

Baopham
15-03-2005, 11:13 AM
what i said was just a thought... im not sure of which type of camshafts i will get.. it really depends on what suits best with each.. im just doing some research for now...
umm
weight of flywheel would be 4.1kg and gasket would be 0.6mm

ek004
16-03-2005, 08:09 AM
I think your best bet is to speak to Adrian from TODA Racing Australia, he'll be able to provide you with some input.

Assuming you want Spec C's however, to take full advantage of these, you'll need to consider pistons etc.. as discussed by other members, as well as expensive valve train components, head porting to make the most of the cams, ecu tuning, oil pump gear if the car goes beyond 9500rpm cam gears to dial it all in, more than likely injectors, oem bearing and gasket kits.

Im only touching on the basics, but im sure adrian will be able to let you know what needs to be done.

good luck