PDA

View Full Version : Colour of ur EURO Lux HID light?

SSML
14-03-2005, 09:54 PM
when look at my bro's 2003 lux euro HID, they give a nice blue light when just switched on.
However, After a while, the light appear to become standard halogen colour (when look from outside) it still have blue light when view from driver's position.

On the way home tonite. a Lux Euro was dehind me for a long time and the light remain blue all the time.......

Can anyone explain the reasons? Are yours remain blue all the time? Or change colour?

Reagan
14-03-2005, 09:58 PM
Its blue from different angles for me, from far its blue but up close its not so blue anymore, but I dont know about the switching on bit

exISeuro
14-03-2005, 10:34 PM
In simple, un technical terms...

The initial 10 secs of ignition is when the awesome blue light occurs (8000k/10000k look).
After that 10 seconds when the lights are at operating temperature, the light becomes the normal white colour.

In regards to the light looking yellowish halogen like, i dont agree. The HID's are definately noticeable.
If fact, when i see other Euros in an on-coming direction at night, i know why i get highbeam flashed every so often. Its the projectors. The projectors depending on the road the car is travelling on will cause the blinding glare effect.
I once was a victim of road rage, the bogan though i was highbeaming him, but in actual fact i was just driving on a bumpy road, so the reflections of the projector must of drove him nuts.

Projector housings are also the source behind the nice rainbow effects the audi a4's, commodore VY berlina's etc have.

I notice the flicker of blue you are referring to, but the main light is white, with reflections of blue/purple.

I have found sometimes taking pics of the HID, turn out to look like halogen. But if that happens you just gotta retake the pic.

as001
15-03-2005, 02:37 PM
i think the standard lux euro hid is around 4000 - 5000k which is blue white more white then blue though in colour, some euro/jap kits go up to 10000k which look an awesome purple

EUR.09N
16-03-2005, 12:45 AM
i always get the highbeam flash from on coming traffic.. flash 'em back and they feel like idiots... its fantastic, i love my HID's

coladuna
16-03-2005, 06:14 PM
Yeah it depends on what angle you look at it from.
You don't realise how bright it is until you see a fellow Euro driver with HID behind you.

will_pop
16-03-2005, 07:55 PM
it's the optical effect from the projectors...

like rainbow... part of the projector reflects certain color of light...

all the OEM hids r 4000-4500kz...

SSML
16-03-2005, 08:49 PM
thanks for the input.
I must check again with different angles.

exISeuro
17-03-2005, 08:49 PM
SSML .... i know you are thinking of installing a HID conversion kit for your IS.
Do it :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: but i dont think you will get our horizontal beam pattern
as the IS headlights are reflectors (d2r) not projectors (d2s).

http://community.webshots.com/photo/263805663/263806793PDLWOw

SSML
18-03-2005, 11:07 PM
[QUOTE=exISeuro]SSML .... i know you are thinking of installing a HID conversion kit for your IS.
Do it :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: but i dont think you will get our horizontal beam pattern
as the IS headlights are reflectors (d2r) not projectors (d2s).

QUOTE]
yeah Manno: I am thinking about that. If I do get a set of 9006 HID, I will do a comparo: fitting on my IS, then 94 ES (with projectors) then compare with my bro's euro