PDA

View Full Version : Urgent rwc question!!!

babybashjnr
07-10-2012, 09:04 AM
I am currently in the process of buying a car that has had a RWC done a month ago
Since then the owner has owned the car for 2 weeks and is selling to me now

Is that RWC valid for me if I purchase the car? Or can you only use the RWC once?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

eLtrix
07-10-2012, 09:52 AM
Depends on how many days you have left on that RWC, you can use it more than once. But considering the owner is selling it after owning it for ONLY two weeks. You got to wonder why hes selling it.

HondaTurboVtec
07-10-2012, 10:07 AM
Depends on how many days you have left on that RWC, you can use it more than once. But considering the owner is selling it after owning it for ONLY two weeks. You got to wonder why hes selling it.

^+1

I have a question in regards to RWC also, lets say someone is selling there car without RWC & you buy it. Do you have to get RWC in order to drive or you can get it if you sell it?

babybashjnr
07-10-2012, 10:08 AM
About 14 days are left on it I think. I have had a pre purchase inspection done and he went over things that affect it with rwc incase I had to get a rwc done

Oh ok cool it is also still registered. Are u sure that u can use it twice? Lol just want to make sure

markismaximus
07-10-2012, 10:24 AM
not sure about VIC but in QLD "A new safety certificate is needed each time you sell the vehicle even if it is within the limits above. A single safety certificate cannot be used for 2 transfers" I cant imagine why it would be different in other states but I can't guarantee it. Call your transport authority

http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/Registration/Buying-or-selling-a-used-vehicle/Safety-certificates.aspx

khanguskhan
07-10-2012, 10:28 AM
In VIC as long as it's hasn't expired yet (normally 30 days) then it is fine to be reused. Worse case scenario if it's passed Roadworthy within 30 days it would pass again on the spot, unless it was a dodgy one, and those are hard to get in VIC nowadays due to the new auditing system.

babybashjnr
07-10-2012, 10:31 AM
Oh ok cool thanks a lot guys! I'm picking up the car today but I will call vic roads tmrw
Worst case I will just book it in for rwc at my work

eLtrix
07-10-2012, 10:31 AM
^+1

I have a question in regards to RWC also, lets say someone is selling there car without RWC & you buy it. Do you have to get RWC in order to drive or you can get it if you sell it?

Errr if it has REGO then sure you can drive it, but somewhere in vic roads say that you have to do it within 7 days or some shit if it has rego. So i wouldnt procrastinate about that one.

About 14 days are left on it I think. I have had a pre purchase inspection done and he went over things that affect it with rwc incase I had to get a rwc done

Oh ok cool it is also still registered. Are u sure that u can use it twice? Lol just want to make sure

I'm pretty sure, just call up VIC ROADS just in case though. As long as its under 30 days old it should be okay. If you are comfortable with buying it then i see no harm

babybashjnr
07-10-2012, 10:36 AM
Yeah I have been trying to get hold of them today but no luck.

It's annoying that they don't cover this topic regarding how many times u can use a rwc because it leaves a lot of people confused

Thanks again for the input

Winter
07-10-2012, 10:54 AM
I'm from vic and have used a rwc to clear a defect as well as using to sell the car in one go

xenonkuraz
07-10-2012, 11:02 AM
Vice pass states that as long as the Rwc is not older than 30 days at the date of disposal it can be used

babybashjnr
10-10-2012, 07:05 PM
Thanks for all the inputs. Vicroads accepted the rwc as long as the rwc is within the 28 days
So all is good and transferred now

Thanks again guys

eLtrix
10-10-2012, 07:21 PM
Figured it would go that way :)

charliebrown
10-10-2012, 08:16 PM
I'm from vic and have used a rwc to clear a defect as well as using to sell the car in one go

this is what im doing.

when clearing the defect, vicroads took the top half of the RWC. im assuming when selling i just give the bottom half and it should be fine when the buyer goes to transfer name yeah?

Xenox
12-11-2012, 03:05 PM
Think is around 28days

babybashjnr
12-11-2012, 04:08 PM
Think is around 28days

:thumbsup: that is correct