PDA

View Full Version : Js 70RR or nah

Jax-dc5r
10-10-2012, 07:50 PM
Hey guys,
Now had my heart set on a Js racing 70Rr exhaust now for about 12 months but off and on other options, it's a decat in which I plan to get a high flow cat welded into with only a single muffler, I know it's a overpriced product there for defiantly getting the stainless version if any at all! Just want your guys kind opinions thanks ,jack.

JDM DC2R
10-10-2012, 08:33 PM
Don't mod it. You will cut the resell price of it in half.

HmGLuCaS
10-10-2012, 08:37 PM
imo, about the j's 70rr its alil loud for the streets, this could be a factor you consider when buying an exhaust. I believe its 125 (dB) at 4500 rpm, and that would be over the legal limit 90 (dB). The exhaust does sound aggressive and give off a nice tone when on full throttle, maybe attract unwanted attention for cops. I wouldnt get it personally as it would attract unwanted attention from the cops, plus hella loud (drone). For the dc5r there are other nicely developed exhaust which still give the aggressive tone and gains. eg. Fujitsubo exhausts (Japanese made exhaust systems for high performance).

Don't mod it. You will cut the resell price of it in half.

agree..! 1+

butterfingers
10-10-2012, 08:38 PM
get it if u want to sound like a bee on steroids during vtec

mcOZ
10-10-2012, 08:43 PM
^what JDM DC2R said. You can have a look at the 60RS apparently its fairly quiet while cruising.

DreadAngel
10-10-2012, 09:07 PM
Don't forget Kakimoto Racing!

They're are my other favourite Exhaust Tuner =D

For the DC5R/S they have:
Regu.06&R - Vid #1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpVFDf4NCug) | Vid #2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kksv4jAdPek) |
Hyper Fullmega N1 +Rev [+Rev model means its JASMA approved] - Vid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8XqkESsU8c)
Kakimoto R
GT1.0Z Racing [Loud as...]

Youtube has lots more =)

Jax-dc5r
10-10-2012, 09:12 PM
get it if u want to sound like a bee on steroids during vtec

And what does that sound Like lol

I know it's loud I suppose I'm
Hoping I get away with it I suppose and is it worth the risk, it's a hard choice, has anybody actually own it or been in a car with one installed?

mcOZ
10-10-2012, 09:18 PM
Vyets has a 70RS or RR on his S2000. You could PM him if you want to

Jax-dc5r
10-10-2012, 09:27 PM
Vyets has a 70RS or RR on his S2000. You could PM him if you want to

Cool :) thanks

funworld
10-10-2012, 10:22 PM
And what does that sound Like lol

I know it's loud I suppose I'm
Hoping I get away with it I suppose and is it worth the risk, it's a hard choice, has anybody actually own it or been in a car with one installed?

Stephen_AUS on ClubITR has a J's 70RR with high flow cat welded in. It drones pretty hard and sounds farty at low-med rpm. Sounds pretty awesome at high rpm though. As a street purpose car, I definitely wouldn't recommend it unless you know you like that kind of exhaust sound. If you're willing to pay that much for an exhaust, you might as well get a brand new Fujitsubo Powergetter or RM01A. They still sound great without the epic drone.

DC2-PWR
10-10-2012, 10:36 PM
Stephen_AUS on ClubITR has a J's 70RR with high flow cat welded in. It drones pretty hard and sounds farty at low-med rpm. Sounds pretty awesome at high rpm though. As a street purpose car, I definitely wouldn't recommend it unless you know you like that kind of exhaust sound. If you're willing to pay that much for an exhaust, you might as well get a brand new Fujitsubo Powergetter or RM01A. They still sound great without the epic drone.

lol its not farty, probably drones a little bit

it sounds really wild throughout the whole revs range. best sounding exhaust for a dc5r imo.

we've had quite a few exhaust with the dc5r boys
byp
custom
mugen
toda
js racing

imo js racing would be one of the best sounding exhaust full stop. Yeah its quite loud, but only when your on full throttle.

funworld
10-10-2012, 10:38 PM
Not farty to the point of civics with huge exhausts, but I'd still say it's at least a bit farty.

DC2-PWR
10-10-2012, 10:44 PM
Not farty to the point of civics with huge exhausts, but I'd still say it's at least a bit farty.

Its not farty, its has a very deep loud tone. Farty would be more in like the b-series buddyclub spec 2 sort of sound.

I'll try to get him to do a video for the OT, pretty awesome buy and the sound of it is worth it. Js racing could've done a bit better on the welding but the excuse was for them to save costs and several other reasons.

Stephen_AUS
10-10-2012, 10:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFfgxSraSeY&feature=plcp

Stephen_AUS
10-10-2012, 11:05 PM
This is a system that requires alot of thinking about. I've spoken to the OP and have given my thoughts and how I went with the process. Besides that, it drones real loud, sounds epic in full throttle, it will fart if its decat and welding is a bit shocking ... but that is evident with most/all SS exhaust from J's. What more do you need to know ?

Jax-dc5r
10-10-2012, 11:11 PM
This is a system that requires alot of thinking about. I've spoken to the OP and have given my thoughts and how I went with the process. Besides that, it drones real loud, sounds epic in full throttle, it will fart if its decat and welding is a bit shocking ... but that is evident with most/all SS exhaust from J's. What more do you need to know ?

That's helpful thanks, I have a Jdm 4-2 header so that's a pluss, is there anything eles I need besides a high flow cat, and were exactly did you get the cat welded there was no need to cut or manipulate the original deign was there.

Jax-dc5r
11-10-2012, 12:35 PM
The main down fall with the 70rr seems to be that it's to loud! Can a muffler not fix this problem?

butterfingers
11-10-2012, 12:37 PM
that will just ruin the purpose of the exhaust lol. why by a 70rr and put a muffler on when u can buy cheaper, just a nice ones that already come with a muffler

Jax-dc5r
11-10-2012, 12:57 PM
that will just ruin the purpose of the exhaust lol. why by a 70rr and put a muffler on when u can buy cheaper, just a nice ones that already come with a muffler

Depends what some people like and dislike! When tracking the muffle could be removed, tho the Js does come with one muffler already.

EGG5
11-10-2012, 01:37 PM
Have a look at the Js Racing 60RS. Rated at ~94db and it comes with a silencer.

butterfingers
11-10-2012, 01:39 PM
Depends what some people like and dislike! When tracking the muffle could be removed, tho the Js does come with one muffler already.

quite a pickle ur in.

j's Ti or the stainless steel?

Jax-dc5r
11-10-2012, 02:13 PM

I have my mate had ti version on his dc2 have considered, tho a shop near me has a 70rr instock for good price thats why it's so tempting!

Jax-dc5r
11-10-2012, 02:14 PM
quite a pickle ur in.

j's Ti or the stainless steel?

I have a choice between both as there is a titanium one forsale on here for 1300

Cartoon
11-10-2012, 02:37 PM
Ti they sound amazing !

JDM DC2R
11-10-2012, 03:41 PM

There louder than that. I have Dc sport JDM 4-1 2.5" headers, JDM high flow cat and J's 60mm SS cat back on my Dc2R. For all street use i leave the silencer in. Its to loud, hurts your ears and becomes annoying on long drives sitting at a constant 4G.

Heres a vid from inside the cabin. Crap sound quality but you can hear how loud it is! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8poD321Q8k

Jax-dc5r
11-10-2012, 05:04 PM
Ti they sound amazing !

You love your titanium bro haha

EGG5
11-10-2012, 05:12 PM
There louder than that. I have Dc sport JDM 4-1 2.5" headers, JDM high flow cat and J's 60mm SS cat back on my Dc2R. For all street use i leave the silencer in. Its to loud, hurts your ears and becomes annoying on long drives sitting at a constant 4G.

Heres a vid from inside the cabin. Crap sound quality but you can hear how loud it is! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8poD321Q8k

Im not sure as I dont own a 60RS, but I got the readings from a couple sources. Could be your setup that reads higher dbs?

Sources:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea6xpwciZEU
http://www.sumopower.com/product/js-racing-60rs-stainless-steel-cat-back-exhaust--js-c304-p3-60rs
http://www.tougedistribution.com/item--Js-Racing-TITANIUM-MUFFLER-SYSTEM-FX-60RS--CFX-FN2-60RS/

Stephen_AUS
12-10-2012, 12:45 AM
To OP: cat gets welded between the two O2 sensor bungs, you also require aftermarket/ep3 sway and about modifying titanium ... all i can say is good luck! I don't think you will be able to get a cat on it at all.

As in loudness, if you going want a quiet exhaust ... don't buy the 70RR, opt for the 60RS as it is sufficient in power terms, good for street use and still sounds good!

Jax-dc5r
12-10-2012, 09:40 AM
To OP: cat gets welded between the two O2 sensor bungs, you also require aftermarket/ep3 sway and about modifying titanium ... all i can say is good luck! I don't think you will be able to get a cat on it at all.

As in loudness, if you going want a quiet exhaust ... don't buy the 70RR, opt for the 60RS as it is sufficient in power terms, good for street use and still sounds good!

What I wonder is, is it worth if going 60rs when it's also a loud exhaust, is the 70rr better performing. If ur driving with the 70rr is it just impossible to make gear changes a lil early if need be to keep it low revving and almost quiet? I want a loud exhaust that can also be sensible!

butterfingers
12-10-2012, 09:59 AM
your vtec will truly go bwaaaaaaaah

Jax-dc5r
12-10-2012, 10:18 AM
your vtec will truly go bwaaaaaaaah

And your point is? lol

butterfingers
12-10-2012, 10:21 AM
why need to make a point? sounds mad

Jax-dc5r
12-10-2012, 01:10 PM
why need to make a point? sounds mad

Oh thort u were meaning it would sound bad

mcOZ
12-10-2012, 03:55 PM
What I wonder is, is it worth if going 60rs when it's also a loud exhaust, is the 70rr better performing. If ur driving with the 70rr is it just impossible to make gear changes a lil early if need be to keep it low revving and almost quiet? I want a loud exhaust that can also be sensible!

The 60RS is sensible, the 70RR will make more power than the 60RS but the difference wont be great. If it was my choice I'd go with the 60RS becuase it makes decent power and will be alright for street use...and also because I wouldnt chop up a 70RR :P

Jax-dc5r
12-10-2012, 06:47 PM
The 60RS is sensible, the 70RR will make more power than the 60RS but the difference wont be great. If it was my choice I'd go with the 60RS becuase it makes decent power and will be alright for street use...and also because I wouldnt chop up a 70RR :P

Lol yea it's defiantly an option, tho if I go 60rs am I better off going something like rm-01a. Although I wouldn't chop a 70rr, just weld a cat and use Js 4-2 header.

khanguskhan
12-10-2012, 07:17 PM
how aren't you chopping the 70rr to be able to weld a cat to it?

Jax-dc5r
12-10-2012, 07:44 PM
how aren't you chopping the 70rr to be able to weld a cat to it?

I'm Not sure yet exactly! Giving you have the right header there is no need to modify the exhaust

ekvtec
12-10-2012, 08:10 PM
Ti for the sound and the amount of weight you save! No sound can compare to titanium

Jax-dc5r
12-10-2012, 08:20 PM
Ti for the sound and the amount of weight you save! No sound can compare to titanium

The only problem I have is with ti I won't be able to have a cat welded into it :/

ekvtec
12-10-2012, 08:23 PM
The only problem I have is with ti I won't be able to have a cat welded into it :/

Who needs a cat these days anyways haha

EGG5
12-10-2012, 08:57 PM
You'll need one when you get fined :P

Jax-dc5r
12-10-2012, 10:36 PM
You'll need one when you get fined :P

Hahaha exactly ! I want the ti version but its even less practical then the stainless. I think I've made up my mind, if I be as sensible as I can put a cat in use Js header "should" be ok! I hope

DanR
13-10-2012, 10:19 AM
I know you have your heart set on this setup mate, but in my opinion if you fit a 70RR to a street car you are asking for trouble with the fuzz and the EPA. If there is anything else not strictly 'legal' on your car such as coil overs then an exhaust like this will draw unwanted attention. Most aftermarket exhausts will be over the EPA noise limit but there is sensible (Fujitsubo) and then there is nuts! (Js 70RR) haha

I don't know if you have seen this but this video is a good comparison of various JDM exhausts on a DC5.

Jax-dc5r
13-10-2012, 10:39 AM
I know you have your heart set on this setup mate, but in my opinion if you fit a 70RR to a street car you are asking for trouble with the fuzz and the EPA. If there is anything else not strictly 'legal' on your car such as coil overs then an exhaust like this will draw unwanted attention. Most aftermarket exhausts will be over the EPA noise limit but there is sensible (Fujitsubo) and then there is nuts! (Js 70RR) haha

I don't know if you have seen this but this video is a good comparison of various JDM exhausts on a DC5.

I watch this video over and over haha, I've been considering rm-01a also a deccat does anybody know how loud that is it compared to the powergetter?

DanR
13-10-2012, 10:54 AM
I watch this video over and over haha, I've been considering rm-01a also a deccat does anybody know how loud that is it compared to the powergetter?

Yeah haha so do I. I will be getting the RM01a for my car. Its not as loud as the Powergetter. From what I have read in other posts the powergetter is generally considered to have a better sound and good top end power, but the Rm01a has more consistent power delivery through the rev range.

Jax-dc5r
13-10-2012, 11:16 AM
Yeah haha so do I. I will be getting the RM01a for my car. Its not as loud as the Powergetter. From what I have read in other posts the powergetter is generally considered to have a better sound and good top end power, but the Rm01a has more consistent power delivery through the rev range.

Lol see I'm sure it's a awesome exhaust but I want something that's loudishh. My mate has powergetter and loves it to bits. What header will you be using? I also consider BYPs titanium exhaust and 60rs

DanR
13-10-2012, 11:24 AM
Lol see I'm sure it's a awesome exhaust but I want something that's loudishh. My mate has powergetter and loves it to bits. What header will you be using? I also consider BYPs titanium exhaust and 60rs

I'm thinking of going Toda Race Header. Unmodified it doesn't have a cat but you can buy it modified by Toda Au with a cat fitted. Keep in mind you need to change the front sway bar in order to fit most aftermarket headers. OEM EP3 sway bar clears most headers.

Jax-dc5r
13-10-2012, 11:35 AM
I'm thinking of going Toda Race Header. Unmodified it doesn't have a cat but you can buy it modified by Toda Au with a cat fitted. Keep in mind you need to change the front sway bar in order to fit most aftermarket headers. OEM EP3 sway bar clears most headers.

Sounds like it's Gona be a good system
Man! Wish I was so sure about what I wanted

funworld
13-10-2012, 12:04 PM

If you want something loud ... one of the 70mm exhausts is probably the right choice for you. I had the BYP exhaust on for a while. I quite liked it, but circumstances made me go back to the Powergetter.

Jax-dc5r
13-10-2012, 12:11 PM
If you want something loud ... one of the 70mm exhausts is probably the right choice for you. I had the BYP exhaust on for a while. I quite liked it, but circumstances made me go back to the Powergetter.

That's what I'm thinking, BYP sounds pretty loud as well, would u think it's quiet as lound as the 70rr! I've been trying to find somebody who had BYPs exhaust!!

mcOZ
13-10-2012, 12:34 PM
That's what I'm thinking, BYP sounds pretty loud as well, would u think it's quiet as lound as the 70rr! I've been trying to find somebody who had BYPs exhaust!!

I think someone on clubitr said that the 70RR was a whisper compared to the BYP Ti...

Jax-dc5r
13-10-2012, 03:02 PM
I think someone on clubitr said that the 70RR was a whisper compared to the BYP Ti...

Realy? That's suprising

mcOZ
13-10-2012, 03:09 PM
Have a read, think Stephen had the same dilemma as you
http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=11139

Jax-dc5r
13-10-2012, 04:42 PM
Have a read, think Stephen had the same dilemma as you
http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=11139

Thanks for that mate helped abit! Lol hmm Mybe 60rs but wonder the difference in power coz I am looking at modding engine!

mcOZ
13-10-2012, 08:55 PM
The power difference would be tiny and barely noticeable, I read 8-10hp difference on some forum. But it is really up to you, 60RS is loud enough for a DD and will give you nice gains. 70RR will make more power but will be loud as F***!...I know which one I'd choose :P

Jax-dc5r
13-10-2012, 09:36 PM
The power difference would be tiny and barely noticeable, I read 8-10hp difference on some forum. But it is really up to you, 60RS is loud enough for a DD and will give you nice gains. 70RR will make more power but will be loud as F***!...I know which one I'd choose :P

Lol I thinking this. What do u mean DD?

funworld
13-10-2012, 09:41 PM
DD = daily driver

BYP and 70rr are similar in terms of loudness (at least when the 70rr has a cat welded on).

Jax-dc5r
14-10-2012, 08:07 AM
DD = daily driver

BYP and 70rr are similar in terms of loudness (at least when the 70rr has a cat welded on).

Ohhhhh, dah lol well that's it the one condition I have with the 70rr is that a cat has to go on! It's not my daily atm but there's a chance it may become a daily in the future!

Jax-dc5r
14-10-2012, 02:54 PM
Can anybody tell me if the 60rs ends in a single pipe? Trying to think of header options if I decided to go with it!

jprak
14-10-2012, 03:47 PM
ends as in towards the headers or muffler?

my FD2R J's racing 60rs ends in a single pipe from both front and back (my engine R18a)

heres my one reving

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0SgyAbUZkM

Jax-dc5r
14-10-2012, 03:58 PM
ends as in towards the headers or muffler?

my FD2R J's racing 60rs ends in a single pipe from both front and back (my engine R18a)

heres my one reving

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0SgyAbUZkM

Sorry, towards the header ? I think it must be single also! Idono weather to modify the pipe that joins on to header or use a header that ends in a single pipe

StretchGSK
14-10-2012, 04:08 PM
Hello

I have a 60RS Ti on my DC2R and could not recommend it enough.
It may sound different on your DC5R but mine sounds great, lovely hollow, racey type noise that is very unique.
Nice an vocal on WOT but quiet on cruise, which I was very surprised about.
Anything louder would make you look like a "boy racer" IMHO

I also think it is more than big enough diameter to support any mods this side of turbo charging, but that is a another debate altogether.
I made 137.8 KW ATH with OEM CAT and not other mods.

Jax-dc5r
14-10-2012, 04:22 PM
Hello

I have a 60RS Ti on my DC2R and could not recommend it enough.
It may sound different on your DC5R but mine sounds great, lovely hollow, racey type noise that is very unique.
Nice an vocal on WOT but quiet on cruise, which I was very surprised about.
Anything louder would make you look like a "boy racer" IMHO

I also think it is more than big enough diameter to support any mods this side of turbo charging, but that is a another debate altogether.
I made 137.8 KW ATH with OEM CAT and not other mods.

Wow that's awesome power for a 1.8 altogether :) good to hear I think it's smarter then the 70rr, should also sound good on the dc5 but what about stainless steel? Do the 60rs come with cat?

jprak
14-10-2012, 04:22 PM
Sorry, towards the header ? I think it must be single also! Idono weather to modify the pipe that joins on to header or use a header that ends in a single pipe

hmm i would just get the header (4-2-1) and let it end in a single pipe. i on the other hand dont have that luxury as the r18a is a single pipe header <.<

EGG5
14-10-2012, 04:46 PM
Wow that's awesome power for a 1.8 altogether :) good to hear I think it's smarter then the 70rr, should also sound good on the dc5 but what about stainless steel? Do the 60rs come with cat?

60RS bolts onto OEM JDM cat. So you would need to buy a JDM DC5R header+cat for it to fit.

And regarding the question about 60RS linking to a single pipe, I think all exhaust systems link to 1 pipe. Only difference is that 70RR came with the 2-1 down pipe which was meant to bolt onto 4-2 header.

Jax-dc5r
14-10-2012, 04:59 PM
60RS bolts onto OEM JDM cat. So you would need to buy a JDM DC5R header+cat for it to fit.

And regarding the question about 60RS linking to a single pipe, I think all exhaust systems link to 1 pipe. Only difference is that 70RR came with the 2-1 down pipe which was meant to bolt onto 4-2 header.

Really? A Jdm dc5 header is 4 to two ? I luckily have a Jdm header because I have a Jdm k20a in my dc5r!

Hmm I'm thinking would it to be better to modify my exhaust to take the 2-4 header orr use another header?

mcOZ
14-10-2012, 05:09 PM
Really? A Jdm dc5 header is 4 to two ? I luckily have a Jdm header because I have a Jdm k20a in my dc5r!

Hmm I'm thinking would it to be better to modify my exhaust to take the 2-4 header orr use another header?

Aren't JDM DC5 headers 4-2-1? But I think hes saying that for 60RS to work, youll need a JDM DC5 header+cat. So since you have that, the 60RS should bolt on to the cat no problem. Whereas the 70RR, it comes with the 2-1 pipe so for that to work youll need to bolt it onto a JDM 4-2 header (either J's Racing 4-2 or OEM (?))

EGG5
14-10-2012, 05:19 PM
Aren't JDM DC5 headers 4-2-1? But I think hes saying that for 60RS to work, youll need a JDM DC5 header+cat. So since you have that, the 60RS should bolt on to the cat no problem. Whereas the 70RR, it comes with the 2-1 pipe so for that to work youll need to bolt it onto a JDM 4-2 header (either J's Racing 4-2 or OEM (?))

^yup exactly what I was trying to say. So basically 60RS is a lot easier to fit and will give nice power and 70RR is perfect for tracking but as a daily drive I'd think it's a bit too much to handle (considering you'll have to cut up Js racing goodies)

Jax-dc5r
14-10-2012, 05:33 PM

Umm maybe with the cat, the header is 4-2, this is my Jdm header .

So what do I need to make this work :/
I'm wondering if it's even worth buying Js header which I was going to purchase second hand for 650 or just use my Jdm header?

EGG5
14-10-2012, 05:39 PM
Umm maybe with the cat, the header is 4-2, this is my Jdm header .

So what do I need to make this work :/
I'm wondering if it's even worth buying Js header which I was going to purchase second hand for 650 or just use my Jdm header?

You are missing the 2-1 pipe that links to the cat.

Jax-dc5r
14-10-2012, 06:04 PM
You are missing the 2-1 pipe that links to the cat.

Exactly I could just get a trusted exhaust shop, luckily I have one that deal with these car everyday to make one and weld in a cat could I not?
I also wonder if I should spend the extra money on ti version :/

EGG5
14-10-2012, 06:19 PM
Exactly I could just get a trusted exhaust shop, luckily I have one that deal with these car everyday to make one and weld in a cat could I not?
I also wonder if I should spend the extra money on ti version :/

Wait so you just have the 4-2? Didn't you buy the whole 4-2-1 system including the cat? and if you bought a JDM K20A, did it come with headers? If it did there should be the whole 4-2-1 system

Jax-dc5r
14-10-2012, 06:26 PM
Wait so you just have the 4-2? Didn't you buy the whole 4-2-1 system including the cat? and if you bought a JDM K20A, did it come with headers? If it did there should be the whole 4-2-1 system

I bought a Jdm k20a long block that only come with the 4-2 header not the 2-1 part :/

EGG5
14-10-2012, 06:30 PM
I bought a Jdm k20a long block that only come with the 4-2 header not the 2-1 part :/

lol...okay well if you decide to go with a 60RS (best option IMO) you will need to buy a JDM 2-1 part and cat for the 60RS to bolt up to.
For the 70RR, the cat-less 2-1 pipe that is given might be able to bolt up to the JDM 4-2 (not sure, if someone can clarify please). But if the 2-1 doesnt fit then I reckon you should go and get the J's Racing 4-2 header and then you can chop it up and put a cat in.

Jax-dc5r
14-10-2012, 06:54 PM
lol...okay well if you decide to go with a 60RS (best option IMO) you will need to buy a JDM 2-1 part and cat for the 60RS to bolt up to.
For the 70RR, the cat-less 2-1 pipe that is given might be able to bolt up to the JDM 4-2 (not sure, if someone can clarify please). But if the 2-1 doesnt fit then I reckon you should go and get the J's Racing 4-2 header and then you can chop it up and put a cat in.

Hmmm I'm sure the 2-1 part would be hard to find, would u not recommend a custom made piece? Or get them to replicate it?

I have access to a second hand Js header for 650 so I'm not sure what would be beat to use!

EGG5
14-10-2012, 07:01 PM
I'd rather get OEM JDM goodies!

Depends what your getting, are you going to go with 60RS or 70RR?
If 60RS, I think it'd be better getting an OEM 2-1 part (never seen it pop up for sale before)
If 70RR, get the Js Racing 4-2 header. as the 2-1 piece that comes with the 70RR will be perfect. Then you just have to chop up the 2-1 part to fit a cat.

Jax-dc5r
14-10-2012, 07:07 PM
I'd rather get OEM JDM goodies!

Depends what your getting, are you going to go with 60RS or 70RR?
If 60RS, I think it'd be better getting an OEM 2-1 part (never seen it pop up for sale before)
If 70RR, get the Js Racing 4-2 header. as the 2-1 piece that comes with the 70RR will be perfect. Then you just have to chop up the 2-1 part to fit a cat.

I have most things to make the 70rr work and is hat I originally wanted but don't want to be gettin I to shit for noise level :/

EGG5
14-10-2012, 07:12 PM
I have most things to make the 70rr work and is hat I originally wanted but don't want to be gettin I to shit for noise level :/

I reckon you should go with the 60RS dude, itll save you heaps of trouble and money in the long run (Defects/ bad welds). Just need to find a 2-1 piece and JDM cat and your ready for the 60RS!

Jax-dc5r
14-10-2012, 07:15 PM
I reckon you should go with the 60RS dude, itll save you heaps of trouble and money in the long run (Defects/ bad welds). Just need to find a 2-1 piece and JDM cat and your ready for the 60RS!

Although if I were to go 60rd ti I'd have more drama so would I be best with stainless?

Shakeel
14-10-2012, 07:20 PM
I have the amuse r1 titan on my car..

I really like it.. just saying :)

Jax-dc5r
14-10-2012, 07:26 PM
I have the amuse r1 titan on my car..

I really like it.. just saying :)

Shak I'm already thinking so hard my heads hurting hahaha

EGG5
14-10-2012, 07:30 PM
Although if I were to go 60rd ti I'd have more drama so would I be best with stainless?

Yea go stainless, alot less dramas

Jax-dc5r
14-10-2012, 07:50 PM
Yea go stainless, alot less dramas

Thanks for your help mate

Stephen_AUS
14-10-2012, 11:06 PM
WOW this has started to turn into a big rant. Idk what more answers you need, as I have sent you heaps of PM's through ClubITR about this.

About the header, you can use the JDM EP3 4-2 header you have now, you will require a EP3/Aftermarket Sway as I have said a dozen of times. Besides that, it will bolt straight on with no hassles. If you want you can get a cat welded in and if its still too loud put a muffler on it (will change the tone, but normal when changing things). In the end ... if you still complaining about loud ... dont get a 70RR. Settle with the 60RS and find youself a Toda Header. Similar tones, but not as epic as 70RR.

This is your call, I am only suggesting ...

Jax-dc5r
14-10-2012, 11:47 PM
WOW this has started to turn into a big rant. Idk what more answers you need, as I have sent you heaps of PM's through ClubITR about this.

About the header, you can use the JDM EP3 4-2 header you have now, you will require a EP3/Aftermarket Sway as I have said a dozen of times. Besides that, it will bolt straight on with no hassles. If you want you can get a cat welded in and if its still too loud put a muffler on it (will change the tone, but normal when changing things). In the end ... if you still complaining about loud ... dont get a 70RR. Settle with the 60RS and find youself a Toda Header. Similar tones, but not as epic as 70RR.

This is your call, I am only suggesting ...

How can you call this a rant when you yourself had SIMILAR dramas, questions and thread about the same exhaust
I'm just making sure i make the right decision BEFORE i buy it not after then ask questions! i knew my header would fit all you have to do is look at the exhaust, the sway bar can wait as my car won't fall apart without it! I'm planning on welding a cat on any decat system i put on my street car not that it will quieten it down, maybe change the tone a tad.

Shakeel
14-10-2012, 11:50 PM
I'm not sure how much you can get the 70RR for, but it isn't worth it in my opinion Jack..

Firstly you're gonna have to butcher such an amazing exhaust to get a cat welded in.

Secondly it's going to be hella loud, if it's only going to be a weekend car fair enough you may be able to get away with having such a loud exhaust but you do run the risk of getting defected.

Thirdly you won't be able to have a conversation in the car cause the exhaust is so loud, and if you have passengers in the back you will need to provide hearing protection cause its pretty deaffening lol. I'm not so sure about the 70RR, but I know my amuse is very droney and also the noise level can get annoying when highway cruising.

Lastly and the maybe the most important, your girlfriend may/may not be too happy with your exhaust choice.. but at the end of the day..because racecar

Jax-dc5r
14-10-2012, 11:50 PM
i asked a simple question yet you fail to answer it, if you were sitting at a set of lights with a cop car beside you would you be shitting bricks and he pull you over soon as you take off because its uncontrolably no mater how low your revving and how quick you change gears. or can you shift early and avoid the "epic noise"?

Jax-dc5r
15-10-2012, 12:01 AM
I'm not sure how much you can get the 70RR for, but it isn't worth it in my opinion Jack..

Firstly you're gonna have to butcher such an amazing exhaust to get a cat welded in.

Secondly it's going to be hella loud, if it's only going to be a weekend car fair enough you may be able to get away with having such a loud exhaust but you do run the risk of getting defected.

Thirdly you won't be able to have a conversation in the car cause the exhaust is so loud, and if you have passengers in the back you will need to provide hearing protection cause its pretty deaffening lol. I'm not so sure about the 70RR, but I know my amuse is very droney and also the noise level can get annoying when highway cruising.

Lastly and the maybe the most important, your girlfriend may/may not be too happy with your exhaust choice.. but at the end of the day..because racecar

thanks for the help shak.
I pretty much agree with everything your saying, I've "Kinda decided" on the 60 rs tho want to make the best decision on what to do with it also wether its even worth it or not, i have bugger all experience with exhaust as I've never had aftermarket exhaust on my car. unfortunately havent fallen in love with anything else.

Indie
15-10-2012, 01:05 AM
If you buy a 70RR, don't be surprised if some angry neighbours key your car. Seriously, there's no excuse for having something so loud outside of a track setting.

khanguskhan
15-10-2012, 01:22 AM
I think it's been decided from the greater population that 70RR is just too 'bling' for the streets LOL, getting the stainless steel version would also be crap IMO, the value of your parts won't hold compared to the genuine titanium ones. Not that it matters, considering in the Honda use aftermarket parts scene, all you get will be lowballs anyway.

Stephen_AUS
15-10-2012, 01:48 PM
Oh incabin noise is really good compared to other exhaust out there! Appreciate the information I am giving you, as I have been through it all!

butterfingers
15-10-2012, 07:23 PM

slightly deceiving, the rm01a and the hks hi-power, im sure have an open intake like a cai or sri. so from the front sounds more beastly. could be wrong but

DanR
15-10-2012, 07:42 PM
slightly deceiving, the rm01a and the hks hi-power, im sure have an open intake like a cai or sri. so from the front sounds more beastly. could be wrong but

You are correct about the HKS high power drive by. That car is fitted with an intake I remember reading somewhere. Not so sure about the RM01A one though..

mcOZ
15-10-2012, 08:20 PM
Oh incabin noise is really good compared to other exhaust out there! Appreciate the information I am giving you, as I have been through it all!

^I'd trust what he says.

Jax-dc5r
15-10-2012, 08:37 PM

I didn't ask about cabin noise

WATAJK
15-10-2012, 08:43 PM
For one, i believe the 70RR has been replaced and re-designed...
J's Racing - FX PRO Titanium Exhaust
http://www.jdmconcept.com.au/part/js-racing/fx-pro-titanium-exhaust/integra-dc5-01-07

If your thinking about buying the one that's on ClubITR and has a flange that's broken... I think you'd be making a mistake and i think you putting this exhaust system on a street car would be purely pointless....
It's Titanium, not stainless steel... Very different product, a very expensive product....

Buy a 60RS, save yourself the headaches.

Jax-dc5r
15-10-2012, 09:02 PM
For one, i believe the 70RR has been replaced and re-designed...
J's Racing - FX PRO Titanium Exhaust
http://www.jdmconcept.com.au/part/js-racing/fx-pro-titanium-exhaust/integra-dc5-01-07

If your thinking about buying the one that's on ClubITR and has a flange that's broken... I think you'd be making a mistake and i think you putting this exhaust system on a street car would be purely pointless....
It's Titanium, not stainless steel... Very different product, a very expensive product....

Buy a 60RS, save yourself the headaches.

Pretty much what I'm planning on doing! Only thing I'm not so sure on is ti or ss version

WATAJK
15-10-2012, 09:11 PM
Pretty much what I'm planning on doing! Only thing I'm not so sure on is ti or ss version

Your going to cut the exhaust up... Why get the titanium for then?

Jax-dc5r
15-10-2012, 09:19 PM
Your going to cut the exhaust up... Why get the titanium for then?

If I got a 60rs use my Jdm 4-2 header and find or get a custom made 2-1 pipe with cat why would I need to cut anything?

mcOZ
15-10-2012, 09:23 PM

I dont think you can get 60RS Ti for a DC5

WATAJK
15-10-2012, 09:27 PM
If I got a 60rs use my Jdm 4-2 header and find or get a custom made 2-1 pipe with cat why would I need to cut anything?

Sorry - read what you said wrong.
Correct, if you went with the 60RS you wouldn't need to cut anything. You would need a JDM Header with cat so everything would bolt up smoothly, oh an also the EP3 swaybar.
JDM DC5/EP3 header would be perfectly fine but any other JDM Header is good.
http://www.jdmconcept.com.au/part/js-racing/c304r-exhaust-system/integra-dc5-01-07

Jax-dc5r
15-10-2012, 09:55 PM
I dont think you can get 60RS Ti for a DC5

Ohh really?? I Realy wanted ti

mcOZ
15-10-2012, 10:08 PM
Ohh really?? I Realy wanted ti

Yeah I think so, JDM concept and other sites dont have them, so I guess ss is the way to go!

Jax-dc5r
15-10-2012, 10:15 PM
Yeah I think so, JDM concept and other sites dont have them, so I guess ss is the way to go!

Hmmm, I'll ring a supplier I know hopefully it Does, I'm
Worried stainless will sound shitty

mcOZ
15-10-2012, 10:24 PM
Hmmm, I'll ring a supplier I know hopefully it Does, I'm
Worried stainless will sound shitty

Never heard of a SS sounding shitty, but I have heard that the SS is quieter than the Ti due to it being thicker. And apparently the welds are pretty bad compared on the SS compared to the Ti.

Jax-dc5r
15-10-2012, 11:08 PM
Never heard of a SS sounding shitty, but I have heard that the SS is quieter than the Ti due to it being thicker. And apparently the welds are pretty bad compared on the SS compared to the Ti.

Also heard both of those myself

Stephen_AUS
16-10-2012, 01:55 AM
I didn't ask about cabin noise

I was just adding to Shakeels 3rd quote ... so u know. You said you wanted to know how loud it would be ... this helps.

butterfingers
16-10-2012, 10:02 AM
thread hijack

weekend car, avoiding police attention is essential above all costs, however i want it to be loud when opened up

between 60rs and rm01-a which one better suits those needs? i also like the blue tip

Jax-dc5r
16-10-2012, 10:09 AM
thread hijack

weekend car, avoiding police attention is essential above all costs, however i want it to be loud when opened up

between 60rs and rm01-a which one better suits those needs? i also like the blue tip

Sounds like what I want!
And I'm goin for the 60rs

WATAJK
16-10-2012, 07:58 PM

He gets them in but doesn't keep that sort of stock on hand obviously because it's slow turnover. Not many people will spend that much on an exhaust system

mcOZ
16-10-2012, 08:22 PM
He gets them in but doesn't keep that sort of stock on hand obviously because it's slow turnover. Not many people will spend that much on an exhaust system

Oh really? I heard Ti for some models are discontinued.
And also, I don't think JDM concept keep any J's Racing exhaust systems in stock. They are all sent from Japan I believe.

butter
16-10-2012, 10:11 PM
Everyone knows the reason why we would want to get a 70RR is because you 'want' to do something like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe-lW8peU3g

But we live in a real world and 'that' would just be cruel. I'm sure that it would have been easily loud enough to damage anyones ear drums.

I'm looking at getting a 60RS too, coming from a Mugen Twin loop.

EDIT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ucy4tn3fN1M&feature=BFa&list=ULeLzO5p7ju9Y
124.1 dB was the reading from up close.

According to this http://www.dangerousdecibels.org/education/information-center/decibel-exposure-time-guidelines/ it'll do damage.