PDA

View Full Version : New FD1 Owner, questions, questions

tseesinngwailo
10-10-2012, 11:02 PM
Hi All,

Seeing as we have waved goodbye to the 10 years of EG ownership, and purchased a 2008 FD1 with 43,000klms. Auto and standard rims etc, I have some questions.

1. and this is a biggie, it rolls back on small inclines when idling, is this normal? the Eg held itself quite well on many hills, and my wife is harping on about it (shes the driver)
so I want to see if it's a known issue?

2. I noticed it doesnt have a boot unlock button on the keyfob (but my friends limited edition does), can this be fixed easily? or is there an extra black box somewhere i would need and a new set of fobs? (think really expensive)

3. Who makes a really good paper air filter for it? I want to replace it and am happier for something a bit better.

Other than that, I love it, seems more refined than my DC2R, just dont tell her hahaha

I have also been banned from putting any stickers on it...

Cheers

Tseesinngwailo

black8thgen
10-10-2012, 11:11 PM
1. that is normal - all new hondas i think from 2006 onwards were 'made' to do that or some thing - i remember reading it somewhere but i forget exactly what the rticle said.

2. an 08 will not have the boot release. Google civic fd boot release and there will prob be an ocean of sites/pages/youtube vids/DIY/etcetc - its pretty easy, cheap, and simple to do

3. just go K&N air filter everyone who used it is happy.

HmGLuCaS
11-10-2012, 12:52 PM
1. that is normal - all new hondas i think from 2006 onwards were 'made' to do that or some thing - i remember reading it somewhere but i forget exactly what the rticle said.

2. an 08 will not have the boot release. Google civic fd boot release and there will prob be an ocean of sites/pages/youtube vids/DIY/etcetc - its pretty easy, cheap, and simple to do

3. just go K&N air filter everyone who used it is happy.

1+ rep!!

lolmclol
11-10-2012, 02:01 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to black8thgen again.

tseesinngwailo
11-10-2012, 08:30 PM
Thanks for the info, and i found exactly what I need on Ozhonda!

A fantastic article on the boot release mod.

Boot release (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?95107-DIY-Boot-trunk-remote-release-for-civic-FD&)

Now, one other question comes to mind,

My wife being Chinese, loves a rear view mirrow thats about a metre long.. and the one she has wont fit due to the reversing sensor indicator on top of the mirror, anyone know a good brand that fits and doesnt interfere with the indicator, and more importantly the sun visors?

androo
11-10-2012, 09:15 PM
Not sure about the reversing sensors but I bought Broadway mirrors for our FD and FN2 recently. To save you from measuring, the biggest mirror that won't interfere with the visors would be 330mm (the FN2 has a bit of space left but not enough for the next size up. The FD is a perfect fit with about a mm out so to spare). Hope this helps! I've never seen the reverse sensor Is it OEM? Maybe if you post up pics I can help out further.

jprak
11-10-2012, 09:52 PM
get spoon rear view mirrors? widens the rear view and the blue tint helps the glare of the HID blinding people

black8thgen
11-10-2012, 10:04 PM
get spoon rear view mirrors? widens the rear view and the blue tint helps the glare of the HID blinding people

^ this. I had it on my fd (think it cost me 60-80 bucks?). It just sticks onto the OEM mirror but as jprak said, widens view and looks nice too ;). Only problem though, be careful when installing it - don't press too hard on the sides or it will shatter. I know this because mine did and i had to buy another one LOL...

jprak
11-10-2012, 10:24 PM
^ this. I had it on my fd (think it cost me 60-80 bucks?). It just sticks onto the OEM mirror but as jprak said, widens view and looks nice too ;). Only problem though, be careful when installing it - don't press too hard on the sides or it will shatter. I know this because mine did and i had to buy another one LOL...

swear you broke yours?! ouch man! howd you even get it off. the double sided is very sticky and firm <.<

price of the mirror is 70 + 5 bux shipping from jdmconcept

tseesinngwailo
11-10-2012, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the info, wheres the easiest place to get the Broadway mirros? Traders here? or is there a good shop in Castle Hill area?

black8thgen
11-10-2012, 10:36 PM
swear you broke yours?! ouch man! howd you even get it off. the double sided is very sticky and firm <.<

price of the mirror is 70 + 5 bux shipping from jdmconcept

with a lot of metho and effort :(....

Maybe give ebay a go? probably cheaper lol

lolmclol
11-10-2012, 10:44 PM
I think eBay was the same as jdm concept last time I checked ;-(

jprak
11-10-2012, 11:04 PM
I think eBay was the same as jdm concept last time I checked ;-(

yea i saw a price 75 + free shipping from HK before. thinking....meh get jdmconcept since its in aus + shipping quicker

im planning to buy the spoon side mirrors ( the mirror only) to replace my oem ones to stop glare and rain drops wont stick onto the mirror.

has anyone thought of just putting blue tint on their oem ones to stop glare?

black8thgen
11-10-2012, 11:10 PM
as in with broadway mirror?

DuffyFD
12-10-2012, 04:18 PM
yea i saw a price 75 + free shipping from HK before. thinking....meh get jdmconcept since its in aus + shipping quicker

im planning to buy the spoon side mirrors ( the mirror only) to replace my oem ones to stop glare and rain drops wont stick onto the mirror.

has anyone thought of just putting blue tint on their oem ones to stop glare?

My mate did it to his gf's jazz

lolmclol
12-10-2012, 04:28 PM
Actually I just remembered broadway mirrors have actually got a glare reduction film on them.

jprak
12-10-2012, 05:30 PM
My mate did it to his gf's jazz

howd did that go duffy? did it work?

DuffyFD
27-10-2012, 02:38 PM
howd did that go duffy? did it work?

Yeah looked good