PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust System EK1

Vodzr
11-10-2012, 07:13 PM
I Got a quote for a full exhaust from a garage it was 1600. Am i the only one think that its pricey? How much would it cost?

GU357
11-10-2012, 07:47 PM
well. is it fitting a JDM style exhaust? or is he going to make one up for you??

The price of headers: Vary Roughly $750+install
High Flow Cat: Most places provide the CAT for $400+install
Cat Back: Generally $350 for a one sided system, should be no more than that unless you have asked for a fancy muffler.

So its not bad. but!!
you can get Cheaper headers Ebay will have them, and you can buy some off other guys on the forums.

And the highflow cat can be obtained for $170 including shipping.

get the High flow cat installed at the same time as the cat back ($520 so far).
Then if you want some more power source some headers and have them put in too ($200 for installation roughly but no more the $250)
Headers can be got cheap sometimes second hand for 300$

Vodzr
11-10-2012, 08:05 PM
well. is it fitting a JDM style exhaust? or is he going to make one up for you??

The price of headers: Vary Roughly $750+install
High Flow Cat: Most places provide the CAT for $400+install
Cat Back: Generally $350 for a one sided system, should be no more than that unless you have asked for a fancy muffler.

So its not bad. but!!
you can get Cheaper headers Ebay will have them, and you can buy some off other guys on the forums.

And the highflow cat can be obtained for $170 including shipping.

get the High flow cat installed at the same time as the cat back ($520 so far).
Then if you want some more power source some headers and have them put in too ($200 for installation roughly but no more the $250)
Headers can be got cheap sometimes second hand for 300$

He said he was gonna make it. So should i go with that or ebay build? The ebay build will be worse im assuming and it would not have a warranty.

GU357
11-10-2012, 08:54 PM
well its not an Ebay "build"

chances are your guy will order the headers from X-Force.
which are usually pretty pricey.
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?158245-Ed-ef-eg-delsol-strut-brace-swap-parts&highlight=series+Header
get these Headers.

then get a VENOM HFC (high flow cat) off ebay for 170$

then get him to make your cat back and put it all on.

Vodzr
11-10-2012, 11:35 PM
Will there be an performance difference between xforce and the one from ozhonda?

GU357
12-10-2012, 12:49 AM
they look exactly the same to me (other then shinyness)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Xforce-SS-Headers-Honda-Civic-Integra-D15-D16-SOHC-Vtec-Crx-GLi-EG-Hatch-/220877915408

If your worried about the appearance, then just wrap them in exhaust heat wrap. it will help them flow better as well..

Drifter995
13-10-2012, 02:36 PM
It depends what he's doing for one thing, as well as what piping he's using.
I got mine made (from flexi joint thing back) was: piping, lukey 2" inlet and outlet muffler, 2" steel or whatever piping, flexi joint. that cost me $300. So, if he's getting you headers, a hi-flow cat, a couple of mufflers, a resonator and stainless piping, it could cost up to that much.

cihanvtec
13-10-2012, 07:46 PM
its a d series engine man and unless you tune it its not going to make a huge difference. and imo thats very expensive. i wouldnt pay too much for a d series.

grab some n*power headers off ebay. 170 delivered from memory! best bang for buck headers. couldnt fault them and i ran it for about 3 years!
grab a 2.25" exhaust off ebay. theyre mandrel bent and fit nicely! think i bought 1 for 250 delivered i think.. u can change the cannon on the rear if its not ur thing. but they dont sound too bad anyway.

i had this setup on my d16y1 eh with a test pipe, and it was awsome. i had a dc2r rear muffler on though because i prefer a quiet note, but the gains were fairly decent.

these are all direct bolt on and are definately diyable.

if you dont like the idea of a test pipe coz its illegal blah blah blah.. pay another 100 and get a 100 cell cat. you'll probably have to get it welded though so might cost u a little more there..

honestly though, you shouldnt be paying more than 6-700..

goodluck man.