PDA

View Full Version : Whine/Noise just above 80 clicks

jacks
15-03-2005, 10:42 AM
Hi. New owner - Accord Euro Lux - very happy :) - but my car has an annoying whine/whistle at just above eighty clicks. It is usually when the car is in fith (Auto) and the revs are just below 2000. It only occurs when you accelerate lightly and goes away as the sped increases. I thought it might have something to with the drive by wire. Is this common?? Thanks

baboo
15-03-2005, 11:02 AM
Hi welcome to Ozhonda

mmm, maybe that's just a resonance that occur at that particular speed.

aaronng
15-03-2005, 12:16 PM
Do you feel any slight high frequency vibration at that rev? Mine's a manual, and I get a resonance vibration at 2100rpm when accelerating or decelerating. When staying at that rev with minimal throttle, it is less pronounced. It doesn't shake anything and I can't hear it except if I have 2 metal keys touching each other.

Try using the sports shift in 4th gear and see if you still get the whine. If you still do, then it should be from somewhere after your transmission (hubs, CV joint, etc.)

jacks
15-03-2005, 06:47 PM
It doesn't happen in 4th etc - only on 5th (overdrive) - at just over 80 and just below 2000rpm when you are lightly touching the accelerator - when you release the accelerator it isn't there. There is no vibration just a whistle. It must just be transmission whine - I just want to know if it is common or should i get my dealer to check :confused:

Reagan
15-03-2005, 07:44 PM
I've got a slight whistle sound when driving but you can hear it more after letting go of the acceleration, It sounds mad to me =)

aaronng
15-03-2005, 09:13 PM
Ahh, if it is only in 5th, then it should be isolated to the transmission. My problem is in every gear!

as001
15-03-2005, 10:15 PM
Ive had the same noise whine/whistle (manual transmission) from day one since last monday the day i picked up the car which is a 05 make its due this thursday for 1st 1000km, i think its just a characteristic of engine goes away if you turn your volume up :)

VirIIx
16-03-2005, 12:00 AM
I've got a slight whistle sound when driving but you can hear it more after letting go of the acceleration, It sounds mad to me =)

lol.. i have a slight whistle sound too when i drive, I like it as well, thinking it's the engine na sound the air breathing in ;)

will_pop
16-03-2005, 12:04 AM
haha .. i have it too.. but mine 6th gen accord

it happened occatinatelly ...

not only on 5th gear.. but on low gears.. i liked it so much .. wish it will happen more often

|N|
16-03-2005, 12:10 AM
i have that on my civic too... but mostly on higher revs.. but i love it tho...