PDA

View Full Version : crv b20vtec build question

spaceman247
14-10-2012, 09:53 PM
hi guys,

i have a gen 1 crv and want to know if the conversion can be done without the block being removed. I've been reading the various build post and it seems that the oil line step would be an awkard step if the block remain in situ.

Investigating alternative NA options for more pep...other than b20vtec...Is there a cam for the CRV that would imitate the vtec lobe shape, creating a simlar lift but still ok to drive?

Cheers, Mike

dougie_504
19-10-2012, 12:46 PM
Doubt you can do it without taking the block out due to the breather issues.

You can probably get a performance cam or get a custom grind but I wouldn't be too bothered. Just turbo the sucker or pull the engine out and vtec it :D

JDM DC2R
19-10-2012, 09:49 PM
Do you have the 97-98 or the 99 -01 . As the headers and intake were changed to make more power on the later model. 14 more kws. Other than that remember that these cars weigh 1.4 tone, So dont think its gonna be fast!!. And if you going to turbo it id be prepared to remove the 4WD system and have it just FF. As it wont handle the power. Not that they run constant 4WD but it wont last long with the turbo!

I own a 99 CRV and i think they have enough torque any power for many applications. Not towing. But there own weight. Even off road they handle there own. I was surprised as they dont even have a lock diff or LSD!

menacer
19-10-2012, 10:16 PM
Doubt you can do it without taking the block out due to the breather issues.

You can probably get a performance cam or get a custom grind but I wouldn't be too bothered. Just turbo the sucker or pull the engine out and vtec it :D

^Agreed

GU357
20-10-2012, 01:21 AM
speak to SU-WOOP on the forum, he has one in his EG. he might be able to share some info.

SU-WOOP
21-10-2012, 01:01 AM
it can all be done inhouse the breather system is easy gen 2 crv has a slighty larger duration on the cam lobe use a gsi IM with a 70mm TB fuel pump and reg and so on and so on depends on what ur after and ur budget pm me or visit my page and we can discuss this further

spaceman247
21-10-2012, 01:19 AM
thanks folks, I saw a site that showed engaine bay with the head + intake removed, and it was a fairly open access to the back of the block...I'll discuss this with my machanic, its an critical step that must be done right.

jdm dc2r - its a 2000 crv, b20b8/b20z with that air chamber/resonator box ontop of the intake. I agree that the CRV runs ok, it will never perform or handle like my previous dc2...but i would like a bit more to her fat butt moving. I have a CAI and magnaflow muffler

If i could get a equalivant vtec performance gains from stock head work with aftermarket CAM + headers - then this option would be the simple route for now. From my research, folk are saying its not worth going the performance non-vtec cams route...go straight vtec. Been thinking of a going stock with small turbo...its pretty tight fit and I'll prob have to get & mod the non-sports plastic bar.

Cheers, mike

spaceman247
21-10-2012, 01:22 AM
thanks folks, I saw a site that showed engaine bay with the head + intake removed, and it was a fairly open access to the back of the block...I'll discuss this with my machanic, its an critical step that must be done right.

jdm dc2r - its a 2000 crv, b20b8/b20z with that air chamber/resonator box ontop of the intake. I agree that the CRV runs ok, it will never perform or handle like my previous dc2...but i would like a bit more to her fat butt moving. I have a CAI and magnaflow muffler

If i could get a equalivant vtec performance gains from stock head work with aftermarket CAM + headers - then this option would be the simple route for now. From my research, folk are saying its not worth going the performance non-vtec cams route...go straight vtec. Been thinking of a going stock with small turbo...its pretty tight fit and I'll prob have to get & mod the non-sports plastic bar.

Cheers, mike

JDM DC2R
21-10-2012, 08:55 AM

Cheers, mike

Thinknin you should be a other car, Rather then wasting money on the crv!