PDA

View Full Version : Whiteline adjustable swaybar setting?

UNA91
18-10-2012, 03:45 PM
Got a Whiteline RSB on order and the two hole adjustability is a nice addition, just wondering for those who have it, what have you guys got it set on? Medium? Hard? Did hard setting make the car too tail happy?

Just wanna stiffen up the car abit around corners since i've noticed some understeer with the oem one.

Riced_Civic
18-10-2012, 04:21 PM
set it to the soft setting, then drive it around for a while, if u want it with more over steer move it to the hard setting.

mugen_ctr
18-10-2012, 04:24 PM
As riced_civic said jus depends on how u want it, but on my whiteline bar i jus have it on the softest setting, plenty of anti-roll on an off track for me :D, though i do wanna set it on the hardest setting an see how it feels like

Glocker
18-10-2012, 05:21 PM
just set it to the hardest. i have mine on the hardest and i don't get oversteer unless going 8/10ths in the wet.

UNA91
18-10-2012, 05:49 PM
The one for the DC5/EP3 has two holes so i'm guess ones either medium or hard, where as three holes i belive goes soft/med/hard.

Is it easily adjustable? from what it looks, i would just undo the endlink bolts and move it up or down a hole? Do I need to jack the car up to do this? I read somewhere that i should tighten the bolts where the bar connects to the endlinks when the car is at ride height and not jacked up in the air :S Something to do with preloading

Riced_Civic
18-10-2012, 06:37 PM
yes, jack it up, change to the desired hole, then tighten a little bit then lower the car then tighten tight

UNA91
18-10-2012, 08:17 PM
alright cheers, will try medium, see how it handles then I'll try it on hard to compare and see which i like

UNA91
19-10-2012, 09:08 PM
Just installed the sway bar today, one thing I noticed is that instructions say endlinks should be as vertical as possible. Mine sort of sits on an angle on the medium setting, is this normal?

I saw that with my stock swaybars it also sit in a similar position; i've tried adjusting it to make it sit vertical but it will only go in one way. Also if it move it to stiff setting it will sit nearly vertical.

Riced_Civic
20-10-2012, 06:08 PM
not having it perfectly vertical is fine.

u mad?
20-10-2012, 06:30 PM
So how does it feel now?

bennjamin
20-10-2012, 09:09 PM
Just installed the sway bar today, one thing I noticed is that instructions say endlinks should be as vertical as possible. Mine sort of sits on an angle on the medium setting, is this normal?

I saw that with my stock swaybars it also sit in a similar position; i've tried adjusting it to make it sit vertical but it will only go in one way. Also if it move it to stiff setting it will sit nearly vertical.

The "stiffer" you run , the endlink is brought closer in and increases the endlink angle and "stiffness".

(some companies like BLOX) You can get adjustable endlinks to compensate and shorten the endlink so it keeps the angle as vertical as possible

UNA91
21-10-2012, 10:14 PM
So how does it feel now?

Haven't had a chance to drive it out yet since I installed it Friday night and had work all weekend but will see tomorrow!

The "stiffer" you run , the endlink is brought closer in and increases the endlink angle and "stiffness".

(some companies like BLOX) You can get adjustable endlinks to compensate and shorten the endlink so it keeps the angle as vertical as possible

Hmm well now that I looked at it from directly underneath, the endlink does sit vertical, but the balljoint is angled up, thats still fine right? If i were to move it to the hard setting, the joint will sit closer to middle, but angled down slightly. But i'll see how medium setting goes this week then move up to hard setting to compare.

I'll prob go for adjustable links after i see how the OEM ones will hold up.