PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Civic, AUX? help!

bkn_computers
15-03-2005, 02:51 PM
hey guys.

just got a 2005 civic. was wondering, do the factory head units have AUX? as in RCA plugs. i wanna hook up a dvd player to the factory head unit.

i notice theres a button that says " CD/AUX" wonder if thats just CD, or it actually has an AUX.

any help would be appreciated.

cheers

BlacKEGPedroew
15-03-2005, 03:22 PM
if they dont you can get a high end converter which turns speaker cable into rca outputs will have reduced quality but will work

Also a cd input normally is a head phone jack on front of the deck.

micka
15-03-2005, 03:36 PM
if they dont you can get a high end converter which turns speaker cable into rca outputs will have reduced quality but will work

Also a cd input normally is a head phone jack on front of the deck.
I'll presume you read the question different to me. He wants AUX-in, so dvd players sound would come through the stock system; as opposed to AUX-out to connect to an external amp (which you'd use line level converters for).

I have no personal experience with the '05 civic head, but more than likely there will be a plug at the back for an oem upgrade for a cd changer, and you'd be able to get an adapter to use that input as a line in from dvd player.

Probably best to get in contact with honda parts department, or a local car audio shop to find out availability of an adapter. Or alternatively, someone on here may be able to give you a difinative answer.

bkn_computers
15-03-2005, 03:37 PM
dont really want any easy ways out. no fm modulator, no speaker cable convertors, just RCA outs.

if theres no aux then i guess i'll have to fork out for a new head unit and amps.

cheers

bkn_computers
15-03-2005, 03:39 PM
thanks micka.

asked honda, he said he'll get back to me....2 weeks ago. hes not really sure =\

anyone else here that can help me?

BlacKEGPedroew
15-03-2005, 06:58 PM
I'll presume you read the question different to me. He wants AUX-in, so dvd players sound would come through the stock system; as opposed to AUX-out to connect to an external amp (which you'd use line level converters for)..

oh yeah sorry i was tired and stuck in a boreing class at uni....bad mix

ICACHA
22-03-2005, 08:56 AM
cd/aux would be the same input into the unit, the only difference is what you feed into it.

if you really want aux in that bad why not leave the OEm deck as is and add an FM modulator to it? they'll set you back around $100 from jaycar...

or buy a new unit that has rca aux inputs that are clearly marked...

bkn_computers
24-03-2005, 09:03 PM
yer true. just wanted to know in advance before i rip it out. probably end up doing what you just said, fm modulator.

thanks guys.