PDA

View Full Version : [CL9] Serpentine Tensioner Bearing Replacement

Mattis
19-10-2012, 11:48 AM
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has a part number for the tensioner bearing and has done the replacement before?

I noticed that my missus' CL9 has a bit of a rattle coming from the tensioner area when the car is in gear at idle (I can see a slight movement in the tensioner).

I checked the belt tension and it seems to be in spec but I'll probably replace the belt anyway.

I've had one of these tensioner bearings fail on my 2JZGTE aristo and it threw the belt off leaving me stranded- definitely dont want a repeat of this.

From what I can tell to get the pulley off it's just a matter of removing tension on the belt (turn tensioner clockwise), slip the belt off and then undo the single bolt holding on the tensioner pulley. Im hoping the bearing isn't a press fit though?

Mattis
23-10-2012, 11:20 AM
Removed tensioner pulley on the weekend and took the bearing in, $3.50 from Repco and the belt was a Dayco replacement for $35-ish. Will post the bearing number tomorrow. Whole replacement done in less than an hour, belt was a bit flddly to get around the pulleys given the limited clearance available. The rest of it was straight forward though.

laijer
15-11-2014, 03:03 AM
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but wanted to know if replacing the bearing worked?