PDA

View Full Version : Dc2r exhaust blowing white smoke upon revs

vtec_yoo
23-10-2012, 09:35 AM
Hey guys, went to see a dc2r today and it seemed immaculate had full service history,

Mechanically drove fine exterior and interior were close to perfect.

Only noticeable problem was after we had let the car warm up for about 5 minutes and I had gone over the body and other things I asked the owner if he could
Rev it for me and the car started blowing white smoke out of the exhaust pipe.

According to the owner the last time it was driven was 2 weeks ago when it had relieved a service.

Could that explain the smoke?

The exhaust smelt like petrol. Thought I should add that in. Not a strong smell but the fumes did.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

cbauto
23-10-2012, 11:25 AM
yes. parked for 2 weeks and a 5 minute warm up more than likely will smoke white.

fuel smell is normal. its still cold

vtec_yoo
23-10-2012, 01:12 PM
Thanks for clarifying that. I was jumping to conclusions thinking it could possibly be the head gasket or something Long those lines

infurNOS
23-10-2012, 01:28 PM
Thanks for clarifying that. I was jumping to conclusions thinking it could possibly be the head gasket or something Long those lines

headgasket issue would look like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TI-i0q7RBnQ

mugen_ctr
23-10-2012, 02:52 PM
let it fully warm up, drive it around if its still puffing smoke... just double check if its white/bluish smoke than walk away, more than likely a seal has shat itself, rings could be on there way out as well... too many variables, but ur best bet is to get a compression test and a leak down test to check the motor for health..

white smoke is just a head gasket problem any mech can pretty much fix

vtec_yoo
23-10-2012, 03:30 PM
Yeh I will do that next time I see it ill go for a drive give it a bit then check out the exhaust.

Is state roads a good inspection service or will taking a mechanic I know be just as good?

bennjamin
23-10-2012, 04:15 PM
If its a cold morning then that's fine - but from my experience a dc2r engine blowing any type of white smoke especially mid to upper rpm under load is a hairline crack in the head gasket somewhere

vtec_yoo
23-10-2012, 06:28 PM
If its a cold morning then that's fine - but from my experience a dc2r engine blowing any type of white smoke especially mid to upper rpm under load is a hairline crack in the head gasket somewhere

Well it was yesterday night about 7.30 pm. I'm guessing it was about 13 degrees maybe colder.

I should've asked him to give it another rev after we had gone for the drive

mugen_ctr
23-10-2012, 08:40 PM
usually if its just smoking on a cold night or morning its just condensation being evaporated away, think of a steam kettle... same deal is happening here, water droplets builds up on the inside of the exhaust an needs to burn off, drive it around for good 30 min than its all gone away

vtec_yoo
24-10-2012, 02:49 PM
Yeah that makes sense... Would a compression test show if it was the head gasket?

Anyone know of a good place that do car inspections?

eLtrix
24-10-2012, 03:13 PM
headgasket issue would look like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TI-i0q7RBnQ

Good to see my problem is becoming useful to someone else HAHA

Yeah that makes sense... Would a compression test show if it was the head gasket?

Anyone know of a good place that do car inspections?

Best bet is to just hire one or buy a compression tester, youll always find use for it and search a DIY. OR you could always borrow a friends.

vtec_yoo
24-10-2012, 03:26 PM
Good to see my problem is becoming useful to someone else HAHA

Best bet is to just hire one or buy a compression tester, youll always find use for it and search a DIY. OR you could always borrow a friends.

I'm useless when it comes to cars so I wouldn't know where to start...

eLtrix
24-10-2012, 04:29 PM
And you always will be until you do it yourself... I was in the same position as you. Put your two hands into it. You'll manage. Read a diy and yolk be fine

Trimax2
25-10-2012, 11:14 AM
Clear your inbox

vtec_yoo
25-10-2012, 06:10 PM
My inbox is empty if that's who your refering to?...

Infurnoss just saw the video couldn't see it on my iPhone. Lol it was nothing like that video at all!!!

I wouldn't feel comfortable learning how to use something on another persons car.. Anyone here that can come check it out with me this Saturday arvo? Happy to shout a big feed or some cash =D

SU-WOOP
26-10-2012, 09:35 AM

Infurnoss just saw the video couldn't see it on my iPhone. Lol it was nothing like that video at all!!!

I wouldn't feel comfortable learning how to use something on another persons car.. Anyone here that can come check it out with me this Saturday arvo? Happy to shout a big feed or some cash =D
wich area?

eLtrix
26-10-2012, 10:00 AM

If its nothibg like that. Dont worry about it. It would most likely be build up and condensation for not being driven for so long. Drive it for half an hour or so. Then test it out again. If its still there. Theres.something wrong

vtec_yoo
26-10-2012, 10:08 AM
Alright cool I'm going to go tomorrow tell the bloke I'm going to drive it for a while then we'll check it out again after.

He also mentioned it has only been driven 3000 Kms this year.

It's located in bella vista... that's just passed black town

mocchi
27-10-2012, 11:59 PM
bring it past my shop in blactown if u need a pre purchase inspection
http://www.facebook.com/IsonIndustries?ref=hl

are you actually the owner?

eeko
28-10-2012, 01:25 AM
He is lol

bennjamin
28-10-2012, 09:58 AM
He is lol

He is also gone. Don't plug businesses here guize

Evok
28-10-2012, 08:53 PM
He is also gone. Don't plug businesses here guize

Cheers rennel <3 from james.
&
Bennjamin, SU-WOOP messaged one of the moderator on how to become an ozhonda trader but he never got a reply...could you follow up on this please!

mocchi
28-10-2012, 10:27 PM
Cheers rennel <3 from james.
&
Bennjamin, SU-WOOP messaged one of the moderator on how to become an ozhonda trader but he never got a reply...could you follow up on this please!

this happens quite alot lol
ison industries looks like a sweet honda workshop

bennjamin
29-10-2012, 12:34 AM
this happens quite alot lol
ison industries looks like a sweet honda workshop

Seems to - but if someone hasn't been allowed trader rights / paid for it they can't plug their business.
If anyone wants to become a trader please pm Wynode in regards to this.

cbauto
30-10-2012, 10:09 AM
stay on topic