PDA

View Full Version : Have a Question

miss_c
15-03-2005, 09:37 PM
i am looking to buy a 2001 s2k pretty soonish, im just concerned about the soft top being so easy to pierce and cut open and was wondering exactly what stops anyone from cutting it open and pinching whateva happens to be in the car at the time ie. head deck etc?

someone told me that the soft tops have like a "microwave" sensor alarm system where if you hold your hand over the soft top it will trigger the alarm, is this true?

any help would be muchly appreciated!!

thank you
sarah :p

aka_NSX
15-03-2005, 09:54 PM
i am looking to buy a 2001 s2k pretty soonish, im just concerned about the soft top being so easy to pierce and cut open and was wondering exactly what stops anyone from cutting it open and pinching whateva happens to be in the car at the time ie. head deck etc?

someone told me that the soft tops have like a "microwave" sensor alarm system where if you hold your hand over the soft top it will trigger the alarm, is this true?

any help would be muchly appreciated!!

thank you
sarah :p

basically u cant stop them from cutting, even u install alarm w/ microwave sensor, since the sensor is only work on body heat and u cant make it to sensitive otherwise false alarm all the time, but the alarm will stop them from stealing the stuff inside thou, so the best is get the hard top :D

ECU-MAN
15-03-2005, 10:13 PM
just like you cant stop them from throwing a brick through your window, the damage gets done just as quick. Buy the S2k, you know you want to :)

.::F[L]Y::.
16-03-2005, 07:59 AM
as aka_NSX said, jus purchase a hard top but thats gona be pricey...

the risk of someone cutting ur softtop is much lower than someone acutally keying ur car.

Perry
16-03-2005, 09:53 AM
wats the chance that people will cut the soft top but like every1 said the alarm sensor wont sensor people cutting ur top, but buying a hard top part is expensive

man.exe
16-03-2005, 12:31 PM
Yup those softtops have a microwave alarm that always goes off even if you walk next to the car. Gets pretty annoying after a while, but I guess a hardtop is the best security against theft.

If you live in a high-theft area, and the s2000 is your daily driver, then get a hardtop. If you have a garage and drive it on the weekends then you shouldn't worry too much.

spiller
16-03-2005, 12:45 PM
This is a minute issue, as someone said, people can throw a brick through your window just as quickly. Yes owning a car is taking a risk......you are actually risking something every second that you are alive. I wouldnt worry about theft too much, thats what insurance is for.....:)

BTW: the hard top is about 3 and a half grand new from Honda.

miss_c
16-03-2005, 05:47 PM
thanks for the info guys, i really appreciate it!! alot of good points made .. yes i really really do what the s2k, it will be a daily drive and hopefully for show and thats why im a lil worried about it :o

yes anyone could throw a brick threw the windscreen, sure no doubts about that BUT why throw a brick threw the window of a hardtop when you can SILENTLY cut threw a softtop?

just seems like im about to enter a world of annoyance!! so the alarms go off alot if you go near the car? ALSO i was reading threw some of this forum and someone quoted 9k for a genuine hard top? hmm wonder if i could pick 1 up at the wreckers perfectly intact (I WISH haha) .. or ne 1 wanna sell 1 to me cheap :D

also those of you who have been in a gen 2 CRX and a s2k, is the cabin space similar at all? i havent yet been able to sit in an s2000 but my bf said it should be able the same as his CRX so .. just wondering :p

thanks
Sarah

industrie
16-03-2005, 10:02 PM
for a girl..you will fit fine...no problems..if you 6 foot and taller then it might be an issue as the car isnt designed for very very tall people..get the hardtop..its worth it..hardtop looks so much better...more racey..soft top is for cruising ..good luck with it

ECU-MAN
16-03-2005, 10:39 PM
id say there is more cabin space in the Gen2. the s2000 has more of a race car feal, fells smaller to me, but thats just my opinion, you really need to get your self in one to find out for your self.

panda[cRx]
16-03-2005, 10:56 PM
yeah gen2's are actually kinda roomy. i wouldnt worry about the soft roof too much. if someone wants to steal your car or its contents it doesnt matter whether its hard or soft top, they are gonna do it.

your man still got those recaros for sale???
i've asked him a million times for pics coz my friend wants to buy them. get on his ass for me ;) (if he has them can he PLEASE send pics to panda.crx@gmail.com)

Perry
17-03-2005, 12:03 AM
the crx has more room then the s2k

toE
17-03-2005, 11:33 AM
9K for a hardtop? That's a little far fetched Sarah, honestly. Unless it's a Mugen hardtop. :) It'd be better for you to ring up your local Honda dealership and asking them for a quote. ;)

Hop onto www.s2ki.com . In the Australian section, I think there was one for sale. Can't remember how much it went for. It may still be up for grabs.

Good luck with it all.

Masta_B
17-03-2005, 06:14 PM
']yeah gen2's are actually kinda roomy. i wouldnt worry about the soft roof too much. if someone wants to steal your car or its contents it doesnt matter whether its hard or soft top, they are gonna do it.

your man still got those recaros for sale???
i've asked him a million times for pics coz my friend wants to buy them. get on his ass for me ;) (if he has them can he PLEASE send pics to panda.crx@gmail.com)

sold, $1400!

panda[cRx]
17-03-2005, 08:09 PM
thanks for sending the pics when i asked for them the first 5 times:rolleyes:

bodo
18-03-2005, 01:49 PM
i'm getting a bit older and am finding it to be a bit hard to get in and out off.. especially in tighter parking spots, because of the wide doors..

but when u drive her - you forget about everything else :)

miss_c
20-03-2005, 09:03 PM
thanks everyone :wave:

ah8118
17-04-2005, 03:52 PM
don't bother going to honda for hard tops. i had an s2k previously and hard top from honda costs about $6k all up, painted. just get the s2k. i had mine for a year and no one cut my roof. problems with the s2k is the gearbox and transmission. u might wanna pay attention to that if you are looking for a 2nd hand one. overall, its a great car to drive and the handling is shocking... much better than any other car i have driven. hope this helps.

SECUR1TY
28-04-2005, 06:17 PM
dooooont do it.. the s2000 looks so much better with the soft top.
i saw a hard top.. didnt look any good.

Q_ball
28-04-2005, 06:22 PM
s2k all the way with the soft top!!
if sumthin happens, its gona happen, regardless of ur roof!
im sure u'll b parkin ur baby in relatively safe spots n e way

PLES2K
29-04-2005, 10:45 PM
BTW: the hard top is about 3 and a half grand new from Honda.

$3500!!?!! Which dealer is this?

kez13
16-05-2005, 01:57 PM
I dont think you can stop anyone from cutting your soft-top. If someone wants to get in they will, theres nothing you can do to stop them. I'd suggest getting a decent alarm system though