PDA

View Full Version : Splits in ED

crxzzR
15-03-2005, 10:16 PM
hey i was thinkin of putting splits in my gen 2 crx..
problem is.. the splits i wanna get [pioneer the comp. grade one with the yellow kevlar cone i think?] are too deep?
if i put spacers.. i wont be able to put the original grilles over the speakers.. and it'll look pretty ugly coz the trim underneath aint cut nicely..?
thyanks in adv.

Disco-d
15-03-2005, 11:25 PM
Hey,
yer Ive got a ED Civic, Ive looked into gettin splits as well Seems like our doors are to thin for Huge speakers...
But I found a brand Called 'FOCAL' really good quality made speakers and Great sound, cost a fair bit but well worth it.

where bouts u located?

crxzzR
20-03-2005, 12:14 AM
sydney...
yeh i heard bout focal... outta my price range atm..
gotta do sussy and engine first..
they r top priorities

Usual Suspect
20-03-2005, 12:18 AM
kick pods are the answer my friends, check the DIY section.

Fhrx
20-03-2005, 07:51 AM
There are many different ways to mount the splits. Install the midrange into the door and the tweeter into the kick panel. :):)

As for speakers, there are quite a few I would go before Pioneer but that is my personal tastes. Make sure you audition the speakers before you buy them though. :)

BlacKEGPedroew
20-03-2005, 03:54 PM
i have my infinity kappa perfect 5.1 located in my door they are a very tight squeeze but they fit. grill still covers them all i have used is a spacer between the door and the split to push the magnet away from the window.

mojo the flashy monkey
23-03-2005, 10:35 PM
i mounter my hertx HSK 165 in the grils lol i just cut a hole in it coverd it with vinyl and sat it in ther looks prity good :) best way 2 make bigger ones fit in lol

VTC-8OY
23-03-2005, 11:38 PM
hows the splits going? are they any good, im lookin for splits myself..