PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on a D16y4 build?

turtleEK1
15-03-2005, 10:50 PM
hey guys,
i know a while ago i was on about a B16A conversion and all... but the funds don't wanna be any help there... so i've decided to work on the engine its got (D16y4)... my plans are until i'm 25 (insurance reasons and hassles) i'll keep it N/A! i've got a kn filter, 2inch exhaust from cat back and a button clutch at the moment...
i'm thinking maybe a mini me job (i think this will help with the turboing when i decide to do it), extractors, cold air induction, cams, coilovers, ECU (thinking haltech)... coz it's a few years till i'm 25, this should satisfy for now.
i know that when i decide to go for a huffer somethings like cam, induction and exhaust will need to be changed, thats why i wanted a majority of the things i'm doing will contribute to the turbo set up like the ECU and coilovers...

just after peoples opinion on my approach whether its not practical or suggesstions on the work i could do on it... :D

egSi
16-03-2005, 09:01 AM
so ur doin a mini me 1st or what?

panda[cRx]
16-03-2005, 01:11 PM
this car is your everyday driver and your have a button clutch?

turtleEK1
16-03-2005, 04:42 PM
yeah, i want to do the mini me conversion first... because as far as i've researched, no one makes a turbo kit for SOHC non-vtec... so this may help out

and yes, i got the button clutch for the same price as a heavy duty clutch... its not as vicious as it sounds tho... took abit of practice to tame

Weq
16-03-2005, 07:27 PM
insurance costs arnt anywhere near what u think with out civics. alot cheaper then u think

turtleEK1
18-03-2005, 04:40 PM
then are you guys about to give me some insight about it then? i haven't had great deal to do with insurance, all i know is that it costs me a bucket load because i'm under 25! how much does insurance go up if i end up going turbocharging my car? does 'engine modification' become a factor in the price of insurance?

Weq
19-03-2005, 11:10 AM
look at justcar's. my insurance when from 2k with aami for a stock car, to 1.8k with justcars for a turbo civic and unlimited modifications and more agree'd value. its donw to 1.4k a year later with a better no-claim bonus. 21yrs old.

jackosimm
20-03-2005, 08:37 PM
yeh just ring up like just cars and get a quote for a civic with the lot, ive done it with a few cars n those rumours of like 22 year olds paying $8k to insure WRX's has gotta be way off