PDA

View Full Version : Chugging in 1st

Vodzr
04-11-2012, 01:00 PM
When driving slowly in first gear in a shopping centre car part the car jerks when i add gas

migoreng
04-11-2012, 09:39 PM
Learn to drive the car smoother. As long as you're moving 2nd gear can be used

mocchi
04-11-2012, 10:46 PM
When driving slowly in first gear in a shopping centre car part the car jerks when i add gas

ok.

http://ok.com

Indie
04-11-2012, 10:47 PM
Your car is telling you to use second, instead.

u mad?
04-11-2012, 11:18 PM
Lmao 5 star thread

Vodzr
04-11-2012, 11:24 PM
ok thanks schumacher

EKVTIR-T
04-11-2012, 11:25 PM
You can keep it smooth in 1st but you need to be very steady with the gas pedal

It takes practice and feel

eren
04-11-2012, 11:51 PM
Drop the Clutch LoL

PHO
05-11-2012, 12:04 AM
You can keep it smooth in 1st but you need to be very steady with the gas pedal

It takes practice and feel

This, and when you want to lift off/stop accellerating. Lift off to around 1/4 of what you were before, keep foot on throttle very gently, then ease off the throttle slowly after most of the weight has been shifted forward. Takes a bit of practice, but shifting the weight slowly will help the jerking.

Will help save your engine mounts too. (well at high speeds/rpm in 1st/2nd then lift off straight away, haha)

pure_na
05-11-2012, 12:09 AM
i see a lot of people with your problem. what you want to do is keep the clutch in, like at biting point, and keep the car reving at a steady rpm, say 5-5.5k. if it's a type r, this should be just out of vtec, so you'll conserve oil. when you want to speed up, let the clutch out a little, but NOT the whole way. you want it to always be rubbing. when you want to slow down, clutch in, and handbrake up. you can use your foot brake, but it means you have to move your right foot off the accelerator and you will drop below 5k rpm - not reccomended. because the hand brake is less powerful than your foot brake, you're going to have to really rip it up, as if you're trying to pull it out. you can use two hands if you have to. don't worry, honda's are not all made in japan, but can handle the abuse. give that a go and you should be smooth as silk ;). no rep needed, i'm just here to help :).

EKVTIR-T
05-11-2012, 12:10 AM
5500 in a shopping carpark?

is this real life

PHO
05-11-2012, 12:10 AM
i see a lot of people with your problem. what you want to do is keep the clutch in, like at biting point, and keep the car reving at a steady rpm, say 5-5.5k. if it's a type r, this should be just out of vtec, so you'll conserve oil. when you want to speed up, let the clutch out a little, but NOT the whole way. you want it to always be rubbing. when you want to slow down, clutch in, and handbrake up. you can use your foot brake, but it means you have to move your right foot off the accelerator and you will drop below 5k rpm - not reccomended. because the hand brake is less powerful than your foot brake, you're going to have to really rip it up, as if you're trying to pull it out. you can use two hands if you have to. don't worry, honda's are made in japan and can handle the abuse. give that a go and you should be smooth as silk ;). no rep needed, i'm just here to help :).

1st gear vtec in shopping centre car park, fkn mad.

Dat echo in underground parking too yeah?

EKVTIR-T
05-11-2012, 12:12 AM
Not all Hondas made in Japan either

pure_na
05-11-2012, 12:13 AM
1st gear vtec in shopping centre car park, fkn mad.

Dat echo in underground parking too yeah?

you will need an appropriate zorst for adequate eco. however i would reccomend holding the rpm just below vtec, as you will use up less oil.

PHO
05-11-2012, 12:17 AM
i see a lot of people with your problem. what you want to do is keep the clutch in, like at biting point, and keep the car reving at a steady rpm, say 5-5.5k. if it's a type r, this should be just out of vtec, so you'll conserve oil. when you want to speed up, let the clutch out a little, but NOT the whole way. you want it to always be rubbing. when you want to slow down, clutch in, and handbrake up. you can use your foot brake, but it means you have to move your right foot off the accelerator and you will drop below 5k rpm - not reccomended. because the hand brake is less powerful than your foot brake, you're going to have to really rip it up, as if you're trying to pull it out. you can use two hands if you have to. don't worry, honda's are not all made in japan, but can handle the abuse. give that a go and you should be smooth as silk ;). no rep needed, i'm just here to help :).

This sounds like you're trying to pull away from a commo driver behind you right after a turn, because you got no power low down at slow speeds in 2nd gear. Dat top end vtec powarh

pure_na
05-11-2012, 12:23 AM
This sounds like you're trying to pull away from a commo driver behind you right after a turn, because you got no power low down at slow speeds in 2nd gear. Dat top end vtec powarh

keen observation. you have certainly lived up to your avatar.
OP - the method i described is also highly useful if you decide that you need to be as far away from the commodore behind you as quick as possible - simply let the clutch the WHOLE way out and prepare for the g-forces that you may or may not be able to handle. the commodore will still be bunnyhopping around like rodger rabbit on crack as he will most likely be unaware of this advanced carp park technique, and everyone will laugh at him. "hahaha" they will say, "he does not know how to smoothly drive through a car park. what a loser. did anyone see that honda driver? no? it must be because he was smooth and fast and cool"

simmy
05-11-2012, 12:36 AM

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29576243.jpg
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29576303.jpg
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29576323.jpg

mocchi
05-11-2012, 07:04 AM
op didnt ask any question. he was just saying that you're probably asleep right now but I love you and you're the most beautiful girl I met, inside and out. have a good nights sleep and I hope this puts a smile on your face when you wake up.

lolmclol
05-11-2012, 12:08 PM
When your car starts chugging and jerking, just apply more vtec.

bennjamin
05-11-2012, 01:29 PM
Wut ? Taking advice how to drive from teh internets ?

OP

Learn to use the clutch properly and smoothly. Sounds like you are early in your driving experience and must potato

Winter
05-11-2012, 03:58 PM
shift up from 1st to 2nd gear

Indie
05-11-2012, 08:38 PM

OP

Learn to use the clutch properly and smoothly. Sounds like you are early in your driving experience and must potatoYeah, why would anybody consult the world's largest information resource for advice? Ludicrous.

bennjamin
05-11-2012, 08:41 PM
Yeah, why would anybody consult the world's largest information resource for advice? Ludicrous.

No amount of reading will tell you how to properly ride the clutch and use the throttle at low speeds , practice makes perfect

tripleuse
05-11-2012, 08:54 PM
ok thanks schumacher

repped.!

Vodzr
06-11-2012, 08:26 AM

OP

Learn to use the clutch properly and smoothly. Sounds like you are early in your driving experience and must potato

Funny thing that in my mums car its fine but in mine it jerks. I was thinking it could be the air filter

zropts
06-11-2012, 09:29 AM
Looks like fuel filter needs replacing. After this if problem persists, get a fuel pump or could be injectors. Common problem for jerking.

NightKids
06-11-2012, 10:48 AM
Funny thing that in my mums car its fine but in mine it jerks. I was thinking it could be the air filter

Verdict: Your mum drives better than you

eg5civic
06-11-2012, 05:43 PM
Looks like fuel filter needs replacing. After this if problem persists, get a fuel pump or could be injectors. Common problem for jerking.

I thought common cause of jerking wa redtoob?

Vodzr
07-11-2012, 12:48 PM
Verdict: Your mum drives better than you

I meant me driving it, is he the only one that didn't get it?
Not sure if you can read!?

Vodzr
07-11-2012, 12:48 PM
DBl post, Imm Soaarrrriieee!!!

u mad?
07-11-2012, 02:47 PM
Not sure if u can drive.

amant02
07-11-2012, 06:00 PM
Could be a shattered clutch...or flywheel.

Why do ppl assume its always the driver...

bennjamin
07-11-2012, 06:27 PM

yeah - could also be a large man holding the car from behind !

Because its the internet We assume the most likely scenario.

GU357
10-11-2012, 07:37 AM

it usually is. theres alot of fresh P platers on here.
not sure about laws in other states, but if u can drive a manual in WA 99% chance u can rid the clutch through a car park, since u have to park in one using a manual during the test (if u want a manual license)

if its jerking and making loud clanky noises, something is f*cked.

but just get used to ur clutch. dont do 5500 do like 2500 and get a feel for it, when u want to slow down clutch in first then gently use brake with the right foot. dont full off the accelerator until the bitch is about to stall.
but if ur having fuel issues expect it in every gear,