PDA

View Full Version : What to do next on my CL9?

afgmoh
05-11-2012, 12:44 AM
As the title suggests... I'm not sure on what to do next on the Euro..
(I'm currently off the road until February due to some other matters) so when I get back into it I want just one other upgrade to the car for the time being.
Not a lot has really been done to it so far.. only thing I've installed is
1. JL Competition sound system upgrade.
2. xCarlink
3. HIDs modified. (Yes, i'm the jerk with blinding headlights)
And that's it.. so it's hardly any real modification at all lol.

I'm not sure as to what to do, I do want to keep the price low if I could, probably max 1k or so, the top 3 choices I've been suggested so far are:

1. Exhaust system (or just muffler for better sound)
2. Swapping front splits and adding additional amps for just an audio upgrade (although it's fine already lol)
3. Lowering, either coilovers or new springs. (although I don't want to dump it too low because my parents drive the car sometimes and mum is clumsy over speed bumps lol)
4. New rims (I have the stock Euro R style ones on)

Any suggestions? Any other ideas someone might have? haha :P

(car pictured below, and I'm still on Green P's :P ) http://i.imgur.com/nY1aA.jpg

pure_na
05-11-2012, 12:54 AM
i wouldn't go exhaust. beauty of your car is it's a nice looking, modern, reliable car that doesn't attract unwanted attention. can't see an exhaust giving you any enjoyment - and it won't give you any noticeable performance gains.
personally depending on how good the sound system already is, maybe look at upgrading it further? only if you're prepared to remove it when you sell the car though. one thing i regret is not removing my sound systems from past cars. it's an expense you cbf dealing with once you've done it before, but at the same time you always want. if you get it right the first time, believe me, swap it into all future cars.
new rims is another option i suppose, but depending on what car you get next you probs won't use them again - so you'll be taking a loss straight away.

eren
05-11-2012, 01:11 AM
For me ' exhaust does actually change the way you drive , more fun and enjoyable ' Or Bag it on its A$$ with the stock Wheel's

antony
05-11-2012, 06:33 AM
Leave the alloy wheels,they are one of the nicest Honda designs ,and suit the CL9s sporty look perfectly...

afgmoh
05-11-2012, 12:15 PM
hm... I've been looking at these 2.. I assume they'll give me a good change, unless anyone has any other tips or advice I should know of? (as I've never lowered a car or installed an exhaust before)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TEIN-STREET-ADVANCE-COILOVERS-04-08-ACIRA-TSX-CL9-EURO-JDM-ACCORD-GSB48-21SS2-/170922056330?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27cbbf9a8a

or this

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SKUNK2-04-06-TSX-Catback-MegaPower-Exhaust-CL7-CL9-/330534339412?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4cf561c354

dirlok
05-11-2012, 02:46 PM
depends what you are looking for in your car. I personally dont like the feel of the stock suspension, so I'd do coilovers and suspension change next. Slightly lower it (dont dump it, its more headaches for you) and stiffen it up a little. The rims do look good.

afgmoh
10-11-2012, 02:27 AM
Ugh I'm so indecisive.. the two main issues I have are:

Coilovers - I have a steep driveway, I'm worried it'll scrape so i'll have to properly measure.

Exhaust - I'm worried about drone and really bad drone..

Why is everything so complex haha.. sigh

akjdfnn
10-11-2012, 02:36 PM
get fujitsubo exhaust, sounds almost stock at low rpm, looks gorgeous. As for coilovers, they're much better than lowering via shock/spring combo, height and damper udjustability means u can't go wrong.

afgmoh
10-11-2012, 06:12 PM
hmm.. I've tried having a look around.. doesn't seem like the Fujitsubo ones are available anymore? As in discontinued product.. so now what?

Also, I had a look at how much I want the car dropped, and what my driveway steepness is..

I want about 5-5.5cm dropped on the rear, 6.5-7cm dropped on the front.
My car sits 21cm above level ground, and at the worst angle on my drive way that comes as close as 10-11cm.. So, through logic say the front was dropped by 7 at the worst > 10 minus 7 = 3cm... so the car SHOULD still be okay without scraping bad lol.

So now the thing is, finding a reliable set of coilovers that will do that for me, and either a fujitsubo exhaust or Skunk2 .. depending on reviews on which is better. I like the sound of both although anyone know which has the worst drone?

androo
10-11-2012, 06:18 PM
Fujitsubo = no drone with a nice, quiet note.

CU2CU2
10-11-2012, 09:41 PM
1k? tinting and brake pad.

afgmoh
10-11-2012, 10:35 PM
Okay, fujitsubo it is. Now to find one... seeing as ebay or google wasn't really helpful. If anyone knows someone selling please let me know! :D

I've already tinted my car to max legal black. Brake pads I dunno.. what colour? The car is silver and wheels stock.. i just think any other colour brake pad would look lame? If you meant change colour..

Hmm.. maybe i'll do both and get coilovers as well alongside a fujitsubo haha :D

ChaosMaster
11-11-2012, 07:53 PM
Okay, fujitsubo it is. Now to find one... seeing as ebay or google wasn't really helpful. If anyone knows someone selling please let me know! :D

I've already tinted my car to max legal black. Brake pads I dunno.. what colour? The car is silver and wheels stock.. i just think any other colour brake pad would look lame? If you meant change colour..

Hmm.. maybe i'll do both and get coilovers as well alongside a fujitsubo haha :D

Consider HKS Silent Hi Power. It's quiet as well, and drone-less, so similar to fujitsubo in that regard. I don't think you can really see the brake pads, nor do I think the pads come in any colour other than black. If your talking about the Calipers, then that's a different story. Silver and Silver, I guess you could go black for a more stealth type look or purple perhaps if you want to stand out a bit more (think Endless make them in purple so you can see what it'll look like). Yellow is kinda popular too (a fair few performance cars have them in yellow OEM).

afgmoh
12-11-2012, 09:14 PM
Consider HKS Silent Hi Power. It's quiet as well, and drone-less, so similar to fujitsubo in that regard. I don't think you can really see the brake pads, nor do I think the pads come in any colour other than black. If your talking about the Calipers, then that's a different story. Silver and Silver, I guess you could go black for a more stealth type look or purple perhaps if you want to stand out a bit more (think Endless make them in purple so you can see what it'll look like). Yellow is kinda popular too (a fair few performance cars have them in yellow OEM).

Had a look at the HKS, sounds good but pricey. I've seen the Fujitsubo for around 800-1.3k which was why it was more appealing. Found it on one site but its 1.4k+ so not really keen on that. So i'm a little let down because that sounded like the exhaust for me. Good sound, little to no drone. So not sure what my other options are in that regard for a substitute for the Fujitsubo. Really don't care about performance as long as it doesn't ruin it already, just needs to sound good, and have no drone.

afgmoh
13-11-2012, 02:18 PM
Okay, hopefully I can get some feedback now on what I've decided.

For Coilovers - Either BC Racing BR coilovers, or the Silvers NeoMax. Which ones to go for?
For exhaust - Going to get a skunk2 Megapower and put a silencer on to avoid heavy drone and police attention :P (Saw a vid with that setup and sounded good) link :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dqz4TLcstFc&feature=g-hist

butterfingers
13-11-2012, 02:23 PM
jesse streeter ca do for arond the 1k mark for the rm01a

ChaosMaster
13-11-2012, 07:53 PM
Yeah, if your not after power, then silencer is the way to go. Just out of interest though, if your only after visual appeal, why no consider just changing the tip/muffler. If you do go muffler change though, remember to get one with a silencer in it.

afgmoh
13-11-2012, 08:30 PM
Yeah, if your not after power, then silencer is the way to go. Just out of interest though, if your only after visual appeal, why no consider just changing the tip/muffler. If you do go muffler change though, remember to get one with a silencer in it.

Nah, I'm after visual and audio haha. So I want it to sound nice too, just worried some of the cheaper end straight muffler swaps will sound awful? Unless you know of a good one to swap out to? But yeah, did some research think I'll definitely get a silencer if it's too loud or drone prone

afgmoh
14-11-2012, 01:38 PM
Hey guys, I have cash waiting for a Skunk2 Exhaust. Was going to get this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/330534339412?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Although I was curious if anyone around here has a Skunk2 local in Australia new or used before i commit to buy from ebay, again cash waiting. Just need a product to buy.

Mike Star
20-11-2012, 08:17 PM
I took the advice of quite a few members and also spoke with Pedders and another Suspension Company. I went for Eibach Pro Kit and lowered my Euro. It looks great (everyone else say so not just me), it rides really well not too firm etc. They checked my standard shocks and said they were almost "as new" so we left them. If I still have the car when they start to deteriorate I will go Billsteins. I have the Euro Sport wheels and now with the car sitting lower I'm really happy with the way they look. I wouldn't go with Coil Overs based on what you say you want to achieve.

jzx_andy
20-11-2012, 10:02 PM
i wouldn't buy a skunk2 exhaust for a nice clean stock looking euro, because i personally think that stock height/looking cars with a droney exhaust just make them look like POS's..

you can even turn your car into a sleeper with that kind of money, buy flashpro/TSX ECU, get it tuned and go to an exhaust shop and tell them to remove your cat and swap it for a straight pipe (not sure if EPA laws are as relaxed as they are here in WA).... that would net you ~40ish hp at the wheels which is a huge gain and no one would suspect a thing like that from a stock euro. ;)

sure, it might be a bit more expensive than a skunk2 exhaust, but your euro will look, sound and drive better than a stock one with an exhaust :D and im a big fan of sleepers

if you're not about performance and would rather clean looks, you should think about spending that money on some wheels/tint/springs/coilovers, up to you. i have a steep driveway aswell but that didnt stop me from lowering my euro by about 6cm, i dont scrape one bit but obviously i have to take it at an angle when going up/down the curb so i dont scrape, but on regular and large speedhumps, i can take them head on.

buying an exhaust is probably the worst place to begin in both the looks and performance department. skunk2 exhaust will only net you a couple of HP, as the most restrictive components of the euros exhaust system are the headers and cat converter, everything after the cat is pretty much fine for N/A tuning purposes (albeit the stock mufflers/tips dont look that great).. and yer, lift kit with a big exhaust sounds plain silly

food for thought. hope this helps

-[NoS]-
25-11-2012, 06:43 PM
needs a lip kit....

afgmoh
27-11-2012, 01:10 AM
haha and how much would a painted lip kit set me back?

dirlok
03-12-2012, 01:31 PM
A real one from Honda - probably $2500 - or source from Japan much cheaper, but might take you awhile.

You can get replica's for about $700 unpainted.

Snoop_gee
03-12-2012, 01:54 PM
http://zengarage.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/jdmyard_euro-602x402.jpg
Stance is all u need