PDA

View Full Version : eg or ek for b18c5 swap

shep9ky
16-03-2005, 12:45 PM
has anyone got any insight into potential problems and extra cost with either the ek or the eg
in other words what are the pros and cons with each car concerning the swap?
i have a few that i can think of but just wanted to hear some other opinions

tRipitaka
16-03-2005, 01:13 PM
has anyone got any insight into potential problems and extra cost with either the ek or the eg
in other words what are the pros and cons with each car concerning the swap?
i have a few that i can think of but just wanted to hear some other opinions

EG you'll need a new ECU harness, as the b18c5 is OBD2 and EG ECUs are OBD1..
You'll need new engine mounts, unless you have a VTIR EK/EM, then it'll bolt straight in.. as the engine is B series, and only one AUDM model Civic came with b series mounts - VTIR

shep9ky
16-03-2005, 01:16 PM
nice i'm getting the swap done at good performance center in sydney

tRipitaka
16-03-2005, 01:24 PM
Then you shouldn`t have any problems with it then, since I've heard nothing but good things from that place..

shep9ky
16-03-2005, 07:57 PM
thanks mate always good to hear

JDM.Power
16-03-2005, 08:34 PM
yeah GPC is a good place you wont hear anything bad from that place

ECU-MAN
16-03-2005, 09:12 PM
just use the ecu loom from the EK/EG and the engine loom from the B18C5 they should meet up ok at the LHF strut tower

sivic
16-03-2005, 09:22 PM
as far as the mounts go the B18C mounts will go straight onto a EG. need some mod if not going into a vtir EK. but since your getting an experienced workshop to do it i'm sure there'll be no probs

shep9ky
16-03-2005, 09:30 PM
thanks guys im now torn between getting an ek or eg
i figure with the money i save on an eg i could spend it on a few extras with the conversion, plus better power to wait ratio
think im gonna go with the eg
thanks again guys for the info

Perry
16-03-2005, 09:36 PM
I'm asuming ur calling Charlie to do the swap hahah hey dude so u plannin to save for an eg yeah and doing an engine swap into it?, how much u willing to spend coz i got a friend just did the swap in a eg and hes selling it now if ur interested PM me, sorry if my comments got nothing to do with the topic. =)

shep9ky
16-03-2005, 09:39 PM
well im selling my ek coupe for so i got quite a bit of cash for car and conversion
where did your mate get the conversion done?
do you have anymore info on the conversion eg ectra internals upgrade etc
what colour is the eg?

CTR Coupe
16-03-2005, 09:44 PM
There was a debate about the chassis the other week. They said the EK chassis was better than the EG. I think the EG will be lighter. It really depends on what shape turns you on. In the long run the EG shell should be cheaper to buy but I think the conversions would cost the same. To swap to a B series in an EK all you need is the rear engine mount from Honda which is like 100 bucks

panda[cRx]
16-03-2005, 10:59 PM
looks wise i'd go EG but i also luv the EK and the EK will be less of a headache i reckon.
dont comprimise, just get what you want coz the headaches and wallet strain will go away eventually :p

shep9ky
16-03-2005, 11:16 PM
yeh very true
i like the idea of the eg lil more of a sleeper
attract less attention

edw-R
17-03-2005, 12:54 AM
I would like eg. Much cheaper and better handling. But the shape of ek is better than eg. Less attaction.

spoondc2
17-03-2005, 12:56 AM
I would like eg. Much cheaper and better handling. But the shape of ek is better than eg. Less attaction.

Yeah you're right, but it should be fine if you build it for a track car, at least the parts are interchangable with the type-r, and everything is cheaper comparing with a EK