PDA

View Full Version : Decent Components to go with Alpine HU

dj_s2k
16-03-2005, 12:56 PM
hey just looking around for some advice or tips on some decent components to go with my Alpine CDA-9833. Willing to spend up to $600 on the components. Would like to go for SPL. Could you also recomend a decent amp to go with the components around the $400 mark.

I'm fitting this all into a '98 EK civic. So i think it might be 6" splits down the front ? I've currently got stock 6" down the front and 6x9's in the back n sounds terrible so can someone please help.... :D :D

[stealth]
16-03-2005, 04:59 PM
perhaps.. compliment ur alpine hu with some type x splits.. 5.25 or 6.5" with mdf spacers...

best to ask on caraudioaustralia.com

your answers are all there... :)

micka
16-03-2005, 06:00 PM
are you really dedicated to spl? if so forget fronts pour all your cash into subs and amps to push them to their limits. Or, are you after something that sounds pretty good but goes reasonably loud?

tRipitaka
16-03-2005, 06:46 PM
Best way to find out, is to listen to them yourself..
Listening is different to everyone.. What sounds good to some, may not sound as good to you..
Plus it also comes down to what kinda music you're into..
If you're into bassy rnb/rap, I'd recommend going for american branded components.. such as JL, Focal..
But that's my opinion..

And for the record.. My whole system consists of JL products.. excluding headunit..

micka
17-03-2005, 05:07 PM
If you're into bassy rnb/rap, I'd recommend going for american branded components.. such as JL, Focal..
But that's my opinion..

focal are french are they not?

tRipitaka
17-03-2005, 05:17 PM
oh, they are ?
I just assumed they were american..
my bad..