PDA

View Full Version : 05 Euro Evaporator

ywkean
07-11-2012, 12:04 PM
Hello guys, a quick question but some background first.

I own a 05 Euro Lux model and got it re-gassed when the air-condition is blowing warm air. The guys at the workshop suspects a leak and hence they put some dye on it.

Anyhow, a day later the air-condition started blowing warm air again, together with the gas smell. Took it to the workshop and they found out the evaporator is leaking (which I suspected).

they quoted me $2200 including labor costs to get it repaired. This is too much (but hey it's Darwin!) and I told them I would probably get the parts myself and asked them to install it for me. Search around the internet and I found no specific evaporators for the Euro. Just some general evaporators like 2003-2007 HONDA ACCORD SEDAN A/C AC Evaporator. I cannot seem to find the specific evaporator part for the Euro version.

My question is does someone here has the experience for this issue? Does this part general for all Honda Accord models?

Thanks again.

Kean

ywkean
08-11-2012, 03:40 PM
Or Maybe someone has the part number?

Fredoops
11-11-2012, 10:38 PM
http://www.oemacuraparts.com/

Search parts for corresponding acura tsx and you should see the part number easily enough.

Otherwise hit the wreckers.

ywkean
13-11-2012, 12:19 AM
Thanks Fredoops. Managed to get the part number from the Honda dealer. After a quick internet search there is one about $700.

Should fit.

Fredoops
13-11-2012, 07:28 AM
Thanks Fredoops. Managed to get the part number from the Honda dealer. After a quick internet search there is one about $700.

Should fit.

$700... Ouch, hit the wreckers lol