PDA

View Full Version : resource database kinda thingy

panda[cRx]
16-03-2005, 02:45 PM
wyn's prolly gonna hate me for this but i noticed the lack of reliable answers online for many people questions about engine specs and model info and such.

most of the sites that do provide any info i find are fairly unreliable american based sites that really have no idea. i'm pretty sure that between our members we could put together a very helpful info database.

something like this would also (hopefully) reduce the amount of noob q's being repeated over and over again as the info is readily available to them.

obviously something like this wouldnt be done overnight but it could be a good long term idea. once it is completed it wouldnt need to be maintainted at all so shouldnt be too hard on the mods;)

just an idea :)

wynode
16-03-2005, 02:47 PM
Sounds like a good idea.

What kinda specs are you thinking of exactly?

Is it meant to be something like my attempt at a Knowledge Base (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37) ?

panda[cRx]
16-03-2005, 02:58 PM
oh sorry wyn i've never noticed that before!! :p

yeah that's the kinda thing i was thinking of but also stuff like engine specs, what cars those engines came out of, maybe a write up & faq on each model of car including common problems to look our for with each car and stuff like that.

hmm i think u get what i mean but i'll post more things when i think of it coz i'm pretty braindead and sick now :(

IRI
16-03-2005, 03:00 PM
That's a good idea, panda's got a lot of idea's lately... does someone wanna be a mod or something??? ;)

panda[cRx]
16-03-2005, 03:03 PM
nah i'm just that dude on the castle i'm an ideas man :D hehehehe

plus while i'm jobhunting i have too much time on my hands and end up whoring OH, it may as well be constructive (some of the time at least :D)

wynode
16-03-2005, 10:47 PM
Well someone has gotta put their handup for it and take the responsibility to do it :)

z3lda
16-03-2005, 10:54 PM
']

(hopefully) reduce the amount of noob q's being repeated over and over again as the info is readily available to them.

lol!! i pay to see that, plus u'l stop seeing my stupid replies too ahah

']

i'm an ideas man :D hehehehe

idealist is the word your after panda hehe:wave:

panda[cRx]
16-03-2005, 11:05 PM
well wyn i was thinking more designate the different sections to different ppl (if they are willing of course) like get a lude owner to write up on ludes, accord owner for accords and so on. it seems we have a lot of ppl that want everyone to think they are experts on certain topics.... let them proove it with a nice in depth article ;)

hmmm one thing i think is needed is a write up of what is needed for b16a-b18c and h22a swaps as that would be a very common topic.

more ideas later i'm goin to bed, being sick is ghey :o

EDIT: we gotta get the noobs and neil to stop somehow :D

wynode
16-03-2005, 11:08 PM
Dood its one thing to 'suggest' things and criticise.......its another thing to actually DO I! :p

Chi
16-03-2005, 11:23 PM
Dear god if Panda is mod, i officially want to be banned from this forums!

Spermz was more than enough , not panda!!! NOOOOOO!! x 99999999999(x9999)

Sp3rMz
17-03-2005, 12:41 AM
Dear god if Panda is mod, i officially want to be banned from this forums!

Spermz was more than enough , not panda!!! NOOOOOO!! x 99999999999(x9999)

Please keep replies related to topic.

Regards
-Tien

panda[cRx]
17-03-2005, 05:37 AM
Dood its one thing to 'suggest' things and criticise.......its another thing to actually DO I! :p

well win i dont mind doing it, i'm not really able to do it right now but i was just kinda spitting out the idea while it was still fresh lolz. the other things i suggested like making a damn sticky arent hard are they?:rolleyes: so easy even CHI could do it

toE
17-03-2005, 10:34 AM
Maybe you can come up with a rough draft of what you've idealized Loz and take it from there.

Get some of the regulars to help out if you wish. ;)

wynode
17-03-2005, 04:18 PM
Wasn't having a go at you Panda.....just meant we need to take it the next step and get the ball rolling :)