PDA

View Full Version : Throttle position oscillates?

Touge Tom
10-11-2012, 08:42 AM
As the title say's. on my monitor i can see my throttle position go up and down +-2% when i'm driving regularly and at idle. but when i'm at 100% it doesn't. so iv'e removed the throttle body and the TP sensor. cleaned them. bolted it all back to the manifold. could the sensor be on its way to the grave?

chongy
10-11-2012, 09:57 AM
Sounds like your connector for the tps is not securely plugged on and is not making proper contact. With the car ign on try and rock the connector and see if the tps value changes. If it does. It means your connector is worn. You can temporarily secure it with a cable tie to hold it firmly in place until u can get the connector changed.

Chr1s
10-11-2012, 10:54 AM
I honestly would not worry... 2% of 90º travel is 1.8º on the throttle plate. I cbf doing the change in area of the throttle body but you get the idea..

The plate has a pressure drop across it causing the fluctuations in the plate being picked up by the TPS sensor. Your rpm's probably dance around a fair whack too..At 100% TP, the pressure drop across the throttle plate is minimal.

If you don't understand what i'm saying put your hand over the TB when the engine is idling.

Does it do this with the engine off? That's another story.

Touge Tom
10-11-2012, 12:08 PM
thank's for reply's. no only doe's this when the engine is at optimal operational temp. i'm guessing its the connector as there is no solid click when i plug it in. as for WOT the revs don't oscillate.

Chr1s
10-11-2012, 07:51 PM
So the engine speed is oscillating when this happens (TP fluctuating)?

Touge Tom
11-11-2012, 06:25 AM
no. engine speed is stable.

chongy
11-11-2012, 12:42 PM
You should also check to see if there is any corrosion on the connector plug and tps sensor contacts.