PDA

View Full Version : yes its me, bring all your forks and baseball bats out again

Faiz
16-03-2005, 03:40 PM
Yes im here to whinge again! :rolleyes: depends how u see this post as but id like to call it an observation. Euro Auto* (i havent drove the manual its what i own is an auto) Has no booton nd torque or power what ever uw anna call it. There is some grunt as u pass the 6000 rpm mark before that its very empty. I have soemtimes basically pushed the whole pedal down for some performance 2nd gear kiks in right away from the 60 matk and accelerates and it just hasnt got that power until u reach 90km/hour. What can be done about this botton end power. Any good Mod? Like i said i know nothing about cars so take it easy and have a big Spazz attack. Yes its a 4 cylinder and all so yeh i can udnerstand it can do so much. Also how is that other accord v6 ? know a family member lookin for a car and all. I heard it has no handling feel and understeer is noticible. any one who owns that car can give me some sort of opinion.

Also about the euro thing again, any mod? i can do in newcastle, which is safe etc and doesnt do harm to the car? I dont buy online so yeh.

Advice would be great.

yfin
16-03-2005, 03:59 PM
If I recall correctly - people have suggested plenty of mods to you in previous posts - why don't you just do it? There are plenty of posts on mods - eg cold air intake.

You must be experienced at driving some seriously powerful cars to say it has "no bottom end power or torque". If this was such a problem - you should not have purchased the car.

0-100 in around 9 seconds for the auto is not bad at all for a 4 or 6 cylinder car. Certainly above average for a 4 cylinder.

baboo
16-03-2005, 04:04 PM
[QUOTE=Faiz] I have soemtimes basically pushed the whole pedal down for some performance 2nd gear kiks in right away from the 60 matk and accelerates and it just hasnt got that power until u reach 90km/hour. QUOTE]

Try to release the hand brake first? LOL....just j.k

To be honest Faiz, maybe you got a dodgy one, have you ever going to the dealership and test drive other auto Euros? I found the power of the auto is quite adequate.

baboo
16-03-2005, 04:05 PM
By the way, buy my exhaust...it will give you some power. hehe...

bigteethygrin
16-03-2005, 04:13 PM
Surely you test drove a euro before buying one???

I guess it is a good excuse to go back to the dealership and test drive theres and see if its your car or all cars that are not meeting your needs.

VirIIx
16-03-2005, 05:10 PM
I test drove the auto euro, and it had good torque, it feels more punchy than my dad's vx commodore.

I bought the manual, and while it's still in the damn workshop (the last piece of the clutch supposedly comes tomorrow....) i've been driving around my old chrysler neon and mum's c200 kompressor merc around, and although the merc is a lil more punchy, it's no where near the pushing you into your seat thrill of the euro!

Even if you did a CAI mod, it would improve the throttle a bit, so that might help.

aaronng
16-03-2005, 05:10 PM
Hi Faiz. I feel what you are looking for is the kick that pushes you into your seat right? Well, even the manual Euro doesn't have that. What you are looking for can only be found in turbo cars or high capacity engines around 5.0L and above.

Our Euro and the majority of NA medium capacity cars make power by spinning the engine faster instead of relying on pure torque. So you won't get the feeling of acceleration. Add in the auto's torque convertor that tries to smoothen out any torque spikes to give a more refined feel, you have almost no 'kick' left to be felt.

In the future, you can find cars that give you this feeling of acceleration that you are looking for by looking for this combination in the specs of the car:
1) Reasonable amount of power, like the Euro's 140kW, which is around minimum.
2) Peak power figure in the middle RPM range of around 5000rpm.
3) Peak torque figure in the lower RPMs, around 3000-4000rpm. No higher.
4) If the engine is NA, then it has to be large capacity of at least 5 litres. Any smaller, you won't get what you seek. Even the Holden 3.6L V6 cars with 175kW and peak torque at low RPM doesn't push you back into the seat.

OR: Common-rail turbo diesel cars. (I know you think I'm joking, but they have a huge amount of torque)

This combination will give you what you seek. I'm not flaming you for your post this time because I know and understand what you are looking for. It's just that small and medium capacity NA engines just don't give you the feeling of acceleration.

as001
16-03-2005, 05:17 PM
Yes im here to whinge again! :rolleyes: depends how u see this post as but id like to call it an observation. Euro Auto* (i havent drove the manual its what i own is an auto) Has no booton nd torque or power what ever uw anna call it. There is some grunt as u pass the 6000 rpm mark before that its very empty. I have soemtimes basically pushed the whole pedal down for some performance 2nd gear kiks in right away from the 60 matk and accelerates and it just hasnt got that power until u reach 90km/hour. What can be done about this botton end power. Any good Mod? Like i said i know nothing about cars so take it easy and have a big Spazz attack. Yes its a 4 cylinder and all so yeh i can udnerstand it can do so much. Also how is that other accord v6 ? know a family member lookin for a car and all. I heard it has no handling feel and understeer is noticible. any one who owns that car can give me some sort of opinion.

Also about the euro thing again, any mod? i can do in newcastle, which is safe etc and doesnt do harm to the car? I dont buy online so yeh.

Advice would be great.

Everyone has given fair comments to you but it all depends on how much u want to spend to get 'low end torque and in increase in power' N/A cars are expensive to extract decent power out but as pointed out already when u did test drive the car intially pretty what see is what u pretty much get given after wear in period engine usally becomes more flexible, granted for the same amount of cash u spent to get your auto accord euro u could got a BA falcon xr6 n/a or holden sv8 both have plenty of power but possible question marka on reliabilty and refinement (hope i havent offended anyone with that comment) every mod you make is give and take...i think the best mod for you would be exhaust mods (cat back just for starters and bolt systems are best in case u need to revert back) 1st to see how u go a 2nd hand one would be best as it wont break the bank as much as a new one would (ive learnt the hard way with this on my last car still have a hks cat back system that fits a liberty) then a oem fit filter from K&N or equal theses mods should optimise air flow in and out and should help a little if your still not happy after that... mods to get more power will get more expensive to achieve more power plus reliabilty and warranty may be affected and your better option may be simply bite the bullet and trade in as i did...anyway hope this helps

as001
16-03-2005, 05:19 PM
oops

Faiz
16-03-2005, 05:46 PM
i drove the manual version of the euro actually but wanted an auto car so that could be seen as my mistake. i know people have suggested mods but i know nothing of cars and the stuff u say i dont understand at all. That is the reason i a asking again. :) I have tried doing research but no help on the net for an unexperienced car person.

h22a accord
16-03-2005, 05:51 PM
www.howstuffworks.com

go spend a while finding out how cars work. then u may understand the jargon that we speak.

cheers

Faiz
16-03-2005, 08:19 PM
about v6 accord any good? family member looking to buy. Handling?

viperx
16-03-2005, 08:22 PM
yeah, read something. even if you dont know how to put it in yourself and you have no intention to, you gotta at least know what things are and where they go and what they look like, otherwise someone might just be tempted to sell you something crap for a huge amount of money.

but i can tell you, if i'm right about the kind of change you want to your car's performance, you're not going to get it.

Speeder
16-03-2005, 08:29 PM
about v6 accord any good? family member looking to buy. Handling?

Go take one for a test drive buddy. That is the only way to find out. You rely on the internet too much. All you have to do is go to the dealer and tell the salesman/woman that you want to take the V6 accord for a test drive...not very hard. But I would suggest the new Liberty over the V6 accords, in terms of higher grip levels and the quality is top notch, test driven the 2.5L and likely better built then the thailand made Accords.

my 2cents.

aaronng
16-03-2005, 08:35 PM
Let me tell you first that it may have a bigger engine, but a 3.0L V6 won't give you the feeling of strong acceleration because the acceleration is linear. You will be getting faster, but you won't feel it. It's made to be smooth and comfortable.

Speeder
16-03-2005, 08:44 PM
BTW, if you wanted lightning performance, you simply bought the wrong car. I'm sure alot of the Euro owners could tell why they bought an Euro, and I'm sure there first preference wasn't exactly about high performance, but rather luxury, style, comfort, and definetely the looks, as the Euros look damn sexy :thumbsup:

yfin
16-03-2005, 09:00 PM
...i think the best mod for you would be exhaust mods (cat back just for starters and bolt systems are best in case u need to revert back) 1st to see how u go a 2nd hand one would be best as it wont break the bank as much as a new one would (ive learnt the hard way with this on my last car still have a hks cat back system that fits a liberty) then a oem fit filter from K&N or equal theses mods should optimise air flow in and out and should help a little if your still not happy after that... mods to get more power will get more expensive to achieve more power plus reliabilty and warranty may be affected and your better option may be simply bite the bullet and trade in as i did...anyway hope this helps

I disagree in relation to the K24. Best bang for buck is CAI. Around $350. Then probably Hondata heatshield gasket. Cold air - more cold air - that makes the difference on the K series.

Changes to the exhaust and air filter are window dressing compared to the results with CAI. Show me a dyno for air filter and exhuast only on the Euro - you will be lucky to see even 4 or 5 hp increase at the wheels. I am not saying these mods are not worthwhile - just suggesting go CAI first.

as001
16-03-2005, 09:33 PM
I disagree in relation to the K24. Best bang for buck is CAI. Around $350. Then probably Hondata heatshield gasket. Cold air - more cold air - that makes the difference on the K series.

Changes to the exhaust and air filter are window dressing compared to the results with CAI. Show me a dyno for air filter and exhuast only on the Euro - you will be lucky to see even 4 or 5 hp increase at the wheels. I am not saying these mods are not worthwhile - just suggesting go CAI first.

Thats a fair call, but in terms of Faiz worrying about his warranty...
CAI have power increases for sure but ive heard stories on the net and word of mouth, of water getting inside the engine with some CAI setup's... but with every mod theres given and take on power factory air box setups usually favour low down power and not top, wheres aftermarket/track mods favour top end losing bottom end (in most cases anyway)

DaPlaya
16-03-2005, 09:44 PM
what some of u guys said bout 4 cfyl n/a cars isnt all true, the itr (my mates) gave me that back in my seat acceleration...

yfin
16-03-2005, 09:49 PM
Thats a fair call, but in terms of Faiz worrying about his warranty...
CAI have power increases for sure but ive heard stories on the net and word of mouth, of water getting inside the engine with some CAI setup's... but with every mod theres given and take on power factory air box setups usually favour low down power and not top, wheres aftermarket/track mods favour top end losing bottom end (in most cases anyway)

If he is really worried about warranty - he shouldn't mod it at all. Yes - hydrolock can be an issue - it can happen. I have been looking at the US TSX forums for a while now - a sizeable percentage have CAI setups (dozens and dozens of them). Not one of them has complained in the 1.5 years I have been reading of hydrolock on the Euro/TSX. I have never EVER read a report of hydrolock on the Euro/TSX in the world. I think the design of the car helps - there is some shielding in that area. Also - if you keep the ride height of the car sensible I think the risk is low. But you are right - it is a possibility. The loss of power down low with CAI is marginal with the Euro compared to the 10+hp at the wheels some people are achieving.

stephen8512
16-03-2005, 10:20 PM
BTW, if you wanted lightning performance, you simply bought the wrong car. I'm sure alot of the Euro owners could tell why they bought an Euro, and I'm sure there first preference wasn't exactly about high performance, but rather luxury, style, comfort, and definetely the looks, as the Euros look damn sexy :thumbsup:

oh hell yeah!!!!!!

Faiz
17-03-2005, 10:47 AM
i love how the euro revs hard and its basically feels like a sports car interms of handling. But sometimes it does lack that extra grunt to make go "YEH BABY" :P lol nvm take it as a joke. after first gear the car takes it a bit easy on the acceleration because 0-80 in the car is very quick. Its the 80-100 that kills you in the auto. Manual has an extra gear which improves the accceration. The auto 1st gear is your friend. the second only when you are going 95 km/hr (not sure)

These are just observations. I did want to put that hiclone in there reduce fuel even more and increase in performance slightly but Peekay never did the dynos!!

joyride
17-03-2005, 11:51 AM
since u have an auto and want power down low, i would suggest getting a stall converter but it wouldnt be practical for you.

edit: actually never mind. u want power while driving, not taking off.

as001
17-03-2005, 12:31 PM
Faiz i think you enjoy getting mickey taken out of you when you post replies or start threads...just a observation

joyride
17-03-2005, 12:38 PM
Faiz i think you enjoy getting mickey taken out of you when you post replies or start threads...just a observation
wtf hahah i think he is actually asking us for help. just an observation.

Faiz
17-03-2005, 12:46 PM
wtf hahah i think he is actually asking us for help. just an observation.

your observation is correct :thumbsup:

as001
17-03-2005, 12:51 PM
more then happy to be corrected then :)

Benji
17-03-2005, 01:48 PM
I don't understand how you don't know how to research what mods you need and what the mods do?? i used to know nothing but picked it up from talking to people and reading etc. Are you hopeless? did you pass highschool? how do you know how to use the net?

Will your dad let you modify your car??

Why do you need the extra power?? save your money, you have a nice car.

EuroAccord13
17-03-2005, 02:10 PM
Isn't this topic the same as the last one you posted? Mods and such? underpowered yada yada...... handling yada yada?

Advice would be great.

There is no such thing as a "safe" mod to do, it's only the risk factor.. Which means... it's up to you to choose whether you want to take the risk or not and not whinge about it when something goes wrong and be prepared to fix it.. If you are not ready for that, I suggest you leave the car alone and if anything happens... Go fix it under warranty.

Look, just drive the car and not think about performance.. it's an AUTO FGS! Enjoy the luxury and comfort of your car...

sodaz
17-03-2005, 02:38 PM
Either be happy with your Euro or go buy yourself a WRX or Evo. The problem i think is you have the wrong mindset. Even when you get an Evo you will feel shit when a 911T or modded TT supra owns you. No matter what you do, somebody will have a faster car out there. Sometimes you have to be happy with what you have.

The Euro is a very fast car for its capacity. I jump in front of V6 Commys in traffic lights because the car is very fast from 0-70. Unless you go over the speed limit a lot, i think the performance is more than adaquate.

Another thing you might want to think about is fuel consumption. Euro uses 9-10lt/100km. A high performance car can use up to 20-30lt/100km. Which one is easier on my wallet?

PS: The Accord V6 is not that good. I've test drove it.

|N|
17-03-2005, 02:58 PM
faiz... the euro is just a package of luxury with a bit of a go ... if u lookin for pure performance ... sorry to say it... but u bought the wrong car... get urself a twin turbo supra or sth if u want that kinda acc. feelin...

aaronng
17-03-2005, 03:49 PM
Hey guys, with every previous topic that Faiz made, he slagged on his Euro as being not fast enough, and that was all he said. So we told him to buy another car.

This time, he is asking for a starting point to mod. Every newb can search google for mods, but the best is through those who have been there and done that. Now he's told us what he expects of his Euro, and I feel that it is not too unreasonable since he is satisfied once the needle passes 6000rpm. So I'm sure we can advice him in some way instead of slagging him again.

Reagan
17-03-2005, 04:21 PM
Faiz what you can do is get an exhaust, get some quotes around your area and post back here your results and see what others have to say, Stock is better = )

Faiz
17-03-2005, 04:22 PM
thank you aarong, I am happy with my euro, when i was buying it i had a choice to buy liberty gt, liberty v6 despite it was appealing performance/luxury awd offer. But choosed the euro, because of its hard reving sporty nature. I am more then happy with it. I am just expanding my knowldge on "Mods" I just stated observations and that was it. Still noone who is using this "Hiclone" has told me there opinion. Its considered very safe but would like an experts opinion probably, some one who is fimilar with mods to state something i can understand.

7th Gen
17-03-2005, 04:44 PM
all these threads end up in some sort of big free-for-all

there have been some very constructive posts here. but there have been some other posts just egging this guy on. so he just takes the bait and it goes on for several more pages.....

seriously mate. it is your own PERSONAL issue about lack of power etc. just get over it. or else go buy another car that will give you exactly everything that you want

although considering all the things you want, that's a pretty hard ask. but good luck to you anyway

7th Gen
17-03-2005, 04:51 PM
and what is the deal with the title of the thread anyway? 'bring out your forks and baseball bats'

do you deliberately provoke people? i mean if you want help then i'm sure most people are good enough to help you, but to ask for help in this way is just asking for trouble?

just a thought......

EuroAccord13
17-03-2005, 08:38 PM
Ok here is something constructive for anyone new to modding...

"A car needs to breathe better and fart better in order to have better performance"

That is my tagline to any basic car mod... Put in a better intake and exhaust and TA DA.......

Catcha
17-03-2005, 09:08 PM
thank you aarong, I am happy with my euro, when i was buying it i had a choice to buy liberty gt, liberty v6 despite it was appealing performance/luxury awd offer. But choosed the euro, because of its hard reving sporty nature. I am more then happy with it. I am just expanding my knowldge on "Mods" I just stated observations and that was it. Still noone who is using this "Hiclone" has told me there opinion. Its considered very safe but would like an experts opinion probably, some one who is fimilar with mods to state something i can understand.

What a load of crap, i have been reading your post since day one and it's not you that choose the car it's your dad. should be me MY DAD CHOOSE MY CAR.

If i had a Kid like you i make him catch public transport until you appreciate the value of having a car for a start, give it up you got and AUTO you F%^& Up and you cant change nor can you make it go any faster, it's and AUTO, No offense to Auto driver, I myself am one with a lancer with my second car and toyota, and have a Jazz as well.

What can you do well lets see i'll be nice

Change your exhaust free flowing
change your filter
Get extractors
get a aftermarket ECU
Get aftermarket cams
And finally if you have anything left over go turbocharge it
lower you car with coilovers
Stall converter for you Auto

after all this you might have one of the fastest auto's in Oz

viperx
17-03-2005, 09:56 PM
it's all been said before. there's no point answering anymore, we're just repeating ourselves. every possible mod under the sun has been mentioned in one of faiz's threads.

maybe then he will realise that asking the same question again and again wont get him anywhere, it will not liberate a previously unmentioned mod which will liberate huge amounts of power, and that we wont do his reading for him, if he wants to understand more he has to do more reading and listening himself and less asking.

And faiz, get some self respect for goodness sake. why victimise yourself buy putting on stupid thread titles that mean nothing and invite further bagging.

Q_ball
28-03-2005, 11:50 AM
look quite frankly i think ur an idiot faiz...
u want an 'oh yeh' sensation from buyin a family sedan?!
u must b kiddin me!!
i kno u said you dont know much about cars, but bloody hell - how slow can u be!
its as if ur wanting a cat to go woof! doesnt work mate!!

Faiz
28-03-2005, 12:00 PM
look quite frankly i think ur an idiot faiz...
u want an 'oh yeh' sensation from buyin a family sedan?!
u must b kiddin me!!
i kno u said you dont know much about cars, but bloody hell - how slow can u be!
its as if ur wanting a cat to go woof! doesnt work mate!!

corrction i want it to roar:o

Q_ball
28-03-2005, 12:03 PM

well arent u bloody idiot!
god faiz...gettin through to ya is like speakin to a bloody brick wall...

Faiz
28-03-2005, 12:05 PM
well arent u bloody idiot!
god faiz...gettin through to ya is like speakin to a bloody brick wall...

hehe sarcasm anyone? :D by the way i will be getting a faster car in a few years. May be that legend if i have enuf money.

evolution42
28-03-2005, 12:12 PM
:thumbsup: finally u'll get urself a faster car and hopefully u'll stop complaining about how sluggish the euro is

:thumbdwn: 1. the legend will probably still be too slow for him
2. he will still be a honda owner
3. and hence, he will still be around the ozhonda forums ><!
4. stop hinting on abt how rich u are

god i feel reallly sorry for your euro...having to put up with an owner like urself

viperx
28-03-2005, 12:16 PM
HE is not rich- his dad is. free lunches have a tendency to disappear.

Faiz
28-03-2005, 01:13 PM
hes not rich just rewarding.

Kawasaki
28-03-2005, 01:16 PM
whats he rewarding? your lack of common sense?

Faiz
28-03-2005, 01:21 PM
:{ good one.

as001
28-03-2005, 05:45 PM
Faiz, trade the euro in and get a wrx or liberty gt you will never get the car you are after through Honda and save yourself the verbal beating from forum(s) because quite frankly every one (judging all these posts on this thread which cracks me up) thinks your totally taking the piss

|N|
28-03-2005, 05:48 PM
yea faiz... y do u ask for flamin?

wynode
28-03-2005, 09:56 PM
This thread is going no where :)