PDA

View Full Version : Engine Harness to Cabin Harness Question

doublewhat?
11-11-2012, 08:04 PM
Hey guys, so basically I am trying connect a B18A1 OBD0 wiring harness from a DA9 Integra to an OBD0 Concerto.

I've come across an issue where the passenger side connection does not connect. They are different plugs and the Concerto has 8wires where as the Integra has 14.

Does anybody have any ideas, or a write up to overcome this? A way to wire up the looms to connect?

DA9 Male and Female.
http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/r90/63814_10151246605648430_1545660662_n.jpg
http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/222523_10151246606088430_1421051786_n.jpg

Concerto female.
http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/311157_10151246605848430_1296961909_n.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

shake
12-11-2012, 07:32 PM
Since nobody knows, looks like a case of chase them back and work it out the hard way.
Sorry to point out the obvious though..

GU357
13-11-2012, 09:24 PM
Ask ECUMAN. pm him hes good with this sort of stuff. hence the name

Since nobody knows, looks like a case of chase them back and work it out the hard way.
Sorry to point out the obvious though..

good chance nobody even looked at the thread, either way we arent obliged to help, so no need to angry

ps: just realised that was a post from 2 different ppl, not the OP getting angry cause no body helped him.

I personally havent done an engine swap before and neither have lots of us here, because most of us are just regular people with some DIY skill.
But i have tinkered with my obd0 ecu because the guy that did do the swap was an idiot.

has everything else plugged in?

shake
22-11-2012, 08:46 PM
How'd you go, could ecu man shed any light on it for you. I'll be in a similar boat at some stage, hoping to plug an obd0 da9 engine loom into an ed6 body loom. Or replace the intire body loom if i can't figuar it out.

jase_scott
23-11-2012, 09:43 PM
If you have the teg cabin loom, the male, if memory serves me, most of it is direct connections to ecu, injectors, map, knock?, o2 etc.
Depin the shock tower or ecu plug, separate that wiring out of the loom.
Run it thru the firewall.
Repin the removed plug.
Job done, you now have most of the ecu wiring finished.

doublewhat?
23-11-2012, 10:12 PM
Ask ECUMAN. pm him hes good with this sort of stuff. hence the name

Thanks for that! I did message him and he pointed me to the right path for more info to help myself.

How'd you go, could ecu man shed any light on it for you. I'll be in a similar boat at some stage, hoping to plug an obd0 da9 engine loom into an ed6 body loom. Or replace the intire body loom if i can't figuar it out.

I will PM you soon, or PM me if I forget.

If you have the teg cabin loom, the male, if memory serves me, most of it is direct connections to ecu, injectors, map, knock?, o2 etc.
Depin the shock tower or ecu plug, separate that wiring out of the loom.
Run it thru the firewall.
Repin the removed plug.
Job done, you now have most of the ecu wiring finished.

Hmm I'll give it a shot tomorrow . Might just work out. Thanks!

jase_scott
23-11-2012, 10:21 PM
You can pull the loom thru nice and low, save having all that crap running over the shock towers
There's a hole already there to suit.
Keep the o2 and knock(if present) nice and shielded/grounded just like the maker intended.

Do you know how to depin?

doublewhat?
24-11-2012, 12:35 AM
You can pull the loom thru nice and low, save having all that crap running over the shock towers
There's a hole already there to suit.
Keep the o2 and knock(if present) nice and shielded/grounded just like the maker intended.

Do you know how to depin?

Not to sure, but I'm sure I can learn on google haha.

But asically you are telling me to de-pin all the wires that lead from the bay through the left hand side shock tower and into the ECU? Then replace all the depinned wires into the other harness? That way I will be using the female and male DA9 connection rather than the Concerto one?

Cheers!

jase_scott
24-11-2012, 01:13 AM
Correct, you need to separate the wiring out of the da cabin loom, and feed that into the certo. So you end up with da wiring and plugs in the cert.

Here's a rough guide to depining, I'm sure you'll figure out how to repin ;)
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/CRXer/Pins.jpg

Btw, this pic was for someone else, regarding ecu and ignition plugs.
Most plugs employ the same principal.
Just use a little jewellers flat blade or similar as the tool

JDM DC2R
24-11-2012, 10:10 AM
Get both wirering diagram. Cross refrence. Then cut, solder and heat shrink