PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations of Body Kit fitters in Sydney?

VirIIx
16-03-2005, 05:15 PM
I've got a great quote [at least i think it is??] for a Mugen Replica Kit, $1200, shipping to Sydney apparently will be about $150-200 extra which i can deal with.

All i need is someone good to fit and paint it up, and i don't think that'll cost much either.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Pum[Z]
16-03-2005, 05:36 PM
Thats a good price...

Where did ya get it from?? Does that include the spoiler??

VirIIx
16-03-2005, 05:49 PM
got it from carquest in perth, rang em up today, I asked for only the front, back and sides. I already have the stock oem spoiler.

I was rather surprised myself when the guy over the phone quoted that, and i asked him 3 times to check i wasn't hearing things wrong.

One thing i am concerned about is, i remember you mentioning the front spoiler is a bit low? that's the only thing that's got me worried (with my driving) :b

stephen8512
16-03-2005, 10:34 PM
hehehehe VirIIx....mugens the way to go mate. nice job!
my mate told me of a place where they fit bodykits for R34 GTR's and silvias and those high profile type cars somewhere in ryde i think it was? he said he'll get me the number. when i get it i'll PM ya :thumbsup:

VirIIx
16-03-2005, 11:59 PM
o0o in Ryde.. excellent.. that's where i live >=D

i wonder if it's SSV down the road, i heard some good and bad stuff from them, tho they quoted me $1800 for OEM kit, fitted and painted - that's good too i thought!

stephen8512
17-03-2005, 12:17 AM
o0o in Ryde.. excellent.. that's where i live >=D

i wonder if it's SSV down the road, i heard some good and bad stuff from them, tho they quoted me $1800 for OEM kit, fitted and painted - that's good too i thought!

is that including the actual parts (front + rear lip + skirts?) or just the labour?
cuz if its parts + painted + fitted, thats a damn good deal......i was quoted 4000 bucks from honda to get the bodykit.....i was like pffft......no thanks....

VirIIx
17-03-2005, 10:34 AM
yep, that's the front, back and skirts (no spoiler). $1800 supplied, painted and fitted.

I figure that would include labour, that's what my understanding of it should be.

I was originally quoted around 3-4K as well since Honda charge close to $1000+ for each part, and i got my oem spoiler for $600-700 with the car.

But if i had to choose, and for the price, i'd get the Mugen Replica if it worked out cheaper - looks alot more aggressive!

baboo
17-03-2005, 10:39 AM
are they quoting genuine honda kits? if so , that's really good price.

The Honda parts department quoted me $2100 for the front, back & skirts not fitted.

VirIIx
17-03-2005, 10:45 AM
Im pretty sure it's genuince, when i asked the guy what they had, he said they only had the stock kits for the car, nothing else, and went off to check prices for me.

It does make sense, adding up the costs, if i managed to get 600-700 for my spoiler alone (fitted and painted) by the dealer with the car,

This works out to be 600 bux for 3 parts, front back and (2) sides.

In reality it doesn't cost that much to really paint and fit them (in my mind)

baboo
17-03-2005, 10:49 AM
the genuine kit are painted already from factory.
so no need to paint. just fit them.

Pum[Z]
21-03-2005, 08:00 PM
One thing i am concerned about is, i remember you mentioning the front spoiler is a bit low? that's the only thing that's got me worried (with my driving) :b

Yeah i was shocked too when i heard the price of the bodykit.. Thats why i got it... Yeah the front spoiler is quite low.. But if ur car aint lowered it shouldn't be a prb.. I'm using 19's and slammed and the clearance is 4 1/2 fingers... I have to reverse into my driveway to get into my house...

stephen8512
21-03-2005, 09:15 PM
hmm just out of curiosity, what did u use to lower ur car? coilovers? shock/springs? what brand? and how many mm's is ur euro lowered? (if u dont know the mm, then finger measurement is fine)

sorry to be off topic

Sulley
21-03-2005, 09:54 PM
got some questions, if you fit on the body kit, you take out the oem stuff?
what happens to the HID spray?
and goes the body kit come with the grille?
and what happens to the fog lights?

VirIIx
21-03-2005, 09:56 PM
4 1/2 fingers.. doesn't sound too bad.. be a bit easier if it was in mm or cm's :)

if that wasn't too much trouble, but that sounds convincing it should be fine for everyday driving in sydney, just have to be careful with some dips.

stephen8512
21-03-2005, 09:58 PM
with the mugen bodykit front bar, u can get the HID sprays fitted.
yes if u fit the mugen front bar, u take the OEM stuff out, like the grille
the front bar has an integrated grille so yes
fog lights im not sure.....i dont think u can attach it to the mugen front bar but using aftermarket brakets im sure u can mount ur foggies if u really desperately want them

hope this answered ur q's

Pum[Z]
21-03-2005, 10:03 PM
hmm just out of curiosity, what did u use to lower ur car? coilovers? shock/springs? what brand? and how many mm's is ur euro lowered? (if u dont know the mm, then finger measurement is fine)

sorry to be off topic

I'm using D2 adjustable coilovers.. Can't get too technical of how low my car is in cm because i haven't measured it with a ruler or tape.. I use the old age of measuring with my fingers :p

So if i measure my fingers.... Its about 8.5 cm from the ground to the bottom of my front bumper...

I'll measure it technically in the future for yaz...

VIRIIX: Also another thing.. Since u bought the bodykit from carquest... The front bumper needs a a bit of work.. It has to be resanded and touched up.. U will know what i mean when u get it.. I just hope u have a good panel beater or paint shop that are good at fitting aftermarket bodykits on...

Pum[Z]
21-03-2005, 10:07 PM
got some questions, if you fit on the body kit, you take out the oem stuff?
what happens to the HID spray?
and goes the body kit come with the grille?
and what happens to the fog lights?

Yes u take out all the oem stuff...

I had my panel beater integrate the HID washers from my oem bumper to the Mugen front bumper and it works a treat. Thought it wouldn't work but it sprays water to the lights...

The mugen Replica front bumper is a whole one piece with the grille...

Fog lights i couldn't install into the mugen bumper because of not having brackets and it would look kinda out of place because the gap in the mugen bodykit is different to the oem bumper...

Sulley
21-03-2005, 10:56 PM
hmm..then outta curiousity, what did you do with the oem stuff?
put them aside?