PDA

View Full Version : New MY13 Euro Lux

Rabsta
14-11-2012, 10:05 PM
Hi guys,

Im picking up my new accord euro Lux (my13) tommorrow from the dealers. Any reccomendations on the best way to run it in to make the best of it? Also was curious to know of anything watch for/ do when i get it....

I just sold my 330i bmw and bought this....hopefully it will be an awesome drive....seems to be on the test drives :))

Jasemas
14-11-2012, 10:28 PM
When you break the engine in
Make sure the car is at operating temperature
And basically driver it hard (not redline) and don't keep the same RPM/speed
As you need to seat in your pistons

This will help
http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

Rabsta
14-11-2012, 10:44 PM
Thanx so much....appreciate it

I CU2
14-11-2012, 11:56 PM
Make sure to post up some pictures when you get it :). Off topic, but was the 330i reliable?

antony
15-11-2012, 06:25 AM
Awesome car,I am sure you will LOVE the new Euro.

What colour are you getting,and what other cars,if any,did you consider ???

ajkdark
15-11-2012, 07:24 AM
Follow the running in recommendations in the owners manual or ask the dealership for their recommendations.

You spent alot of money on your new car. Follow the Honda Owners' manual recommendations for the running in.

Cheers

Rabsta
15-11-2012, 07:53 AM
Make sure to post up some pictures when you get it :). Off topic, but was the 330i reliable?

I will post pics, as soon as I get a chance :))))

The 330i is an amazing car, very reliable I must say

Rabsta
15-11-2012, 07:56 AM
Awesome car,I am sure you will LOVE the new Euro.

What colour are you getting,and what other cars,if any,did you consider ???

Awesome...i hope i do... the test drive blew me away compared to other cars...Some of the other cars I considered were the Golf GTi, Mazda 3 SP25, CX5, Holden Cruise, Liberty, Jetta and Mazda6.

I went with the Euro for quality, size and value for money and importantly specifications and inclusions

Rabsta
15-11-2012, 07:57 AM
Follow the running in recommendations in the owners manual or ask the dealership for their recommendations.

You spent alot of money on your new car. Follow the Honda Owners' manual recommendations for the running in.

Cheers

Thanks for the heads up.... i know people say to run it in hard and some say soft (i.e. the dealer) so hence the question.... i'll see what the dealer says to me when i pick it up...

I believe i shoudl also have the oil changed at 1000km's? is this true?

ajkdark
15-11-2012, 08:28 AM
I believe I shoud also have the oil changed at 1000km's? is this true?[/QUOTE]

Hi MY012 has 19000 km's on the clock so cannot quite remember what was done at 1000 km. My service schedule book is at home.

The dealership should do whatever is in the book.

Cheers

Rabsta
15-11-2012, 11:02 AM
thanks guys

ChaosMaster
15-11-2012, 02:51 PM
Awesome...i hope i do... the test drive blew me away compared to other cars...Some of the other cars I considered were the Golf GTi, Mazda 3 SP25, CX5, Holden Cruise, Liberty, Jetta and Mazda6.

I went with the Euro for quality, size and value for money and importantly specifications and inclusions

Why the Cruise is on that list I've no idea. Lolz.

As for the oil change at 1000km's, it's up to you. The deal won't change it, that's for sure, even if they claim they did, they wouldn't have.

Reason to change: During wearing in, some metal shavings/substance is worn from the block and mixes with the oil, which could abrase the internals of your engine. Of course it's not going to do any noticeable damage or anything like that, but it is abrasive so keep that in mind. Filter should in theory deal with most of it though.
Reason not to change: The oil from factory has extra chemicals mixed into it to help it wear in, so it's not the typical oil sold by the dealer. If you ask the dealer to change the oil, it'll be back to the regular stuff, which isn't as good for wearing in, but won't affect the performance. Not to mention, your engine should be fairly well worn in by 1000km.

Again, as I said, it's up to you. Another deciding factor would be if the dealer would do it for free...... (the 1000km "free service" is usually just a simple inspection to check if anything has fallen off).

cend0l
15-11-2012, 06:08 PM
You got yourself a good car mate. Made in Japan ^^

Rabsta
15-11-2012, 08:56 PM
Thanks ChaosMaster will probably leave it and let honda do what they need to do i guess.

Thanks cend0l, yeah i was glad when i found it was made in japan, im slowly finding out more about honda's

Rabsta
15-11-2012, 09:06 PM
Hi Guys,

Here are some pictures of my new car :)

antony
16-11-2012, 07:19 PM

You went for the best of the lot,I went from a Jetta which was written off to the Euro,and could not be happier.
I also considered the VWs and Mazdas,looked at Subaru but thought it was so ugly,did not drive it.

I also considered a few Toyotas.

We have had 5 BMWs in the family,and they all became finnicky and expensive to repair,so no more of them for us,as nice as threy were.

cend0l
17-11-2012, 12:01 AM
Wait, is this a Lux version? Can't see the sunroof. Anyway we have the same colour - Cobalt blue and it's already tinted. Looks exactly like my car (still stock) but my Injen CAI is on a ship from the US.

Edit: Damn the fog light is a dead give away. lol Lux it is

Xplodin
17-11-2012, 08:24 AM
Congrats on the new buy! I'm a proud euro owner as well.

Car looks great!

The only thing that disappoints me about the new Euro is that there's no offering of Manual to the Luxury Nav. This really pees me off because i will only get an auto in a 6 cyl or bigger. I love my car but the Kms are starting to hit high numbers so its almost time to let her go... :( but there's nothing on the market that grabs me!

Rabsta
17-11-2012, 09:28 AM
Wait, is this a Lux version? Can't see the sunroof. Anyway we have the same colour - Cobalt blue and it's already tinted. Looks exactly like my car (still stock) but my Injen CAI is on a ship from the US.
Edit: Damn the fog light is a dead give away. lol Lux it is

Awesome!!! I absolutally love the color and the tint make its look meaner...so happy i got this done right away. Yeah you can't see the sunroof cause of the angle of the picture heheee

how much did you CAI cost you? is it worth getting ? how much of a diffferent will it make?

antony
17-11-2012, 06:31 PM
The Cobalt Blue is goregous,I was not as brave as you Guys,and went for a plain Silver...

ChaosMaster
17-11-2012, 07:31 PM
It seems like Honda thing to simply add more chrome with each update.

cend0l
17-11-2012, 11:31 PM
Lol not much different actually. I'm not a pro when it come to modding but I reckon 1-2hp? I got it for the sound it makes. But this should help you to make an informed decision

http://www.heeltoeauto.com/tech-articles/engine/intake-shootout-04-08-acura-tsx.html

Remember, the test was made on our older cousin CL9 (Acura)

antony
18-11-2012, 10:59 AM
It seems like Honda thing to simply add more chrome with each update.

The only extra chrome that the Euro has is the strip on the boot above the number plate position.

ChaosMaster
18-11-2012, 05:09 PM
The only extra chrome that the Euro has is the strip on the boot above the number plate position.

Perhaps, but from memory, the CL9 facelift recieved much more chrome (especially around the grill) compared to the pre face lift. With the CU2, I don't remember the original having such a large chrome grill either, I think the MY11 brought that, and now the MY13 is adding more chrome all around. Not saying it's bad or anything, other than perhaps it's a bit american in being chinsy and bling.

MR_LATE
19-11-2012, 08:43 PM
is it made in japan or thailand? or vietnam?

for the first 500k take it easy drive as u do dont baby it too much. after 500kms redline 1 and 2 3rd (redline 3rd is 140kmph) if possible. just to let the engine know whats it meant to do. good luck

ChaosMaster
19-11-2012, 09:10 PM
Pretty sure all Euro's are made in Japan. It's the regular Accord that's made in thailand.

antony
20-11-2012, 06:34 AM
Euros are built in China for the domestic market,and in Japan for the rest of the world.