PDA

View Full Version : Fitting for an Exhaust System

limiteR
19-11-2012, 10:12 AM
So my car is a Civic EM1, I'm planning on Purchasing an Exhaust System from overseas but I've been told if i get the EK4 version it'll be to short and have been recommended going with the DC2 since its nearly the same.

Anyone with knowledge in the area?

Tekkenforce
19-11-2012, 10:38 AM
Both will need to be modified.

limiteR
19-11-2012, 11:10 AM
Both will need to be modified.

Would of thought the same as well but another question ill impose is that if its 'better' to cut or to add piping to the exhaust system?
thinking about going with the EK4 since it's $20 cheaper haha

rhys.l
19-11-2012, 11:36 AM
Skunk 2 Megapower catback bolts straight to the stock setup.

limiteR
19-11-2012, 11:41 AM
Skunk 2 Megapower catback bolts straight to the stock setup.

sweet thanks rhys. Am planning to get a Fujitsubo Legalis R system.

mugen_ctr
19-11-2012, 11:58 AM
Since its a EM1, the only thing to really do is get a system for a coupe/4 door... kinda pointless in getting a system thats for a ek4/dc2 than paying extra to modify it to fit... Just aim for a skunk2 as said above, apexi ws2 (expensive as fuk!) or even xforce system here locally

B pipe/cat are all the same on ek1/ek4/ej/em, difference is axle back is longer on coupe/4 door, so realistically u only need to mod the axle back piping from a hatch to fit coupe...

As for dc2 i wouldnt have a clue as to the fitment on a civic coupe, id imagine its close but slighty shorter, never tested a dc2 on a coupe b4

limiteR
20-11-2012, 07:49 PM
B pipe/cat are all the same on ek1/ek4/ej/em, difference is axle back is longer on coupe/4 door, so realistically u only need to mod the axle back piping from a hatch to fit coupe...

I see thanks man will look into that. i wish fujitsubo made one specific for the coupe or sedan.

eeko
20-11-2012, 07:54 PM
Teehee... its cause em1s are USDM yo bahahhaha... no b series coupes originating in japland yo!

limiteR
20-11-2012, 07:56 PM
I know lifes hard! lol

eeko
20-11-2012, 07:58 PM
Dw bro. Dw...... btw got an updated quote for the rear. I'll message you once i leave uni.

Tekkenforce
20-11-2012, 10:40 PM
Both ek hatch and dc2 exhaust will need to be extended from the Axel/muffler . B pipe fits.
Also hangers on the Axel back will need to be modded. Hope that helps.

dougie_504
20-11-2012, 11:07 PM
Would of thought the same as well but another question ill impose is that if its 'better' to cut or to add piping to the exhaust system?
thinking about going with the EK4 since it's $20 cheaper haha

Personally I'd rather cut an exhaust shorter than lengthen it so you're not introducing a different metal/manufacturer. Just my feelings on the matter but probably not a big deal. Would be cheaper too but negligibly so IMO.

Had to cut my Kakimoto R when it was shipped from Japan for freight reasons. Was initially a bit upset but once it was re-welded and on the car it wasn't really noticeable at all and I've had no issues with it ever.

limiteR
22-11-2012, 07:56 PM
Personally I'd rather cut an exhaust shorter than lengthen it so you're not introducing a different metal/manufacturer.

that was my theory as well but I've personally never heard of any incidents relating to that. Will be going EK4/9 Cat back system then lengthen the axle back.

- Thanks Guys for the Info.