PDA

View Full Version : EK4 civic steering wheel

Blipboss
22-11-2012, 02:21 AM
I have a ek4 civic. I want to install an aftermarket steering wheel. The current steering wheel is on with a bolt instead of a nut as usual. My steering wheel is the one with an airbag. When i try to put on the new hub and tighten it up the hub still has play. Can someone tell me a hub which can work for my application?

mocchi
22-11-2012, 12:37 PM
what?

Tai
22-11-2012, 12:44 PM
Hi Blippybossy,

Is there any reason why you would put your life at risk by removing the air bag?

Also should you be pulled over by a knowledgeable Police office you could be defected as installing a non airbag wheel in a car previously equipped with airbags as standard is illegal.

Now to answer your ilegal activity, which Steering wheel did you get? Also did the "boss"kit you get was suited for airbagged EK civics?

Do you have photos or your illegal activity for reference?

And is there a reason for installing your aftermarket wheel, are you racing or just want to look""cool"because race car?

VTAC
22-11-2012, 03:27 PM
put some washers boss

Winter
22-11-2012, 03:36 PM
you should consider other alternatives such as an ek9, dc5 or ep3 steering as they still retain the airbag while looking good they would fit direct to your ek4

but make sure you someone that knows how to do this process i.e disconnect battery before removing

mugen_ctr
22-11-2012, 04:28 PM
you should consider other alternatives such as an ek9, dc5 or ep3 steering as they still retain the airbag while looking good they would fit direct to your ek4

but make sure you someone that knows how to do this process i.e disconnect battery before removing

Yes an no to the alternative steering wheels, it will fit BUT!!!!!!! i havent yet seen a working EP3/Dc5/S2k steering wheel with a working airbag, though the airbag light may be off, theres still no proof that the air bags will deploy so its outta the question so the only real solution is the Ek9 Momo steering wheel or the other variant Ek4 steering wheel on the euro ek's

From what ive read all the newer Honda's Use a dual SRS stage air bag where as the 90's are single stage, so this may lead to potential problems AND DANGER with regards to the air bag deployment or rather lack of it

Blipboss
22-11-2012, 10:03 PM
yea i was thinking about the standard ek9 steering wheel. The current steering wheel on the car is in bad shape that is why i want to change it. Also i live in barbados which is in the caribbean. The police down here don't check for those things.

msouth
30-11-2012, 12:50 PM
NEK MINIT , defected for no air bag

Limbo
30-11-2012, 03:43 PM
yeah i dunno if they defect in barbados........

your prob alright over there