PDA

View Full Version : Abnormal noise from engine bay and slight jerking under low revs

kaytsu
23-11-2012, 02:46 AM
hello, I have a honda jazz with cvt with 108000 on the clock. When i shift to D, there is this tapping/metal sound coming from the engine bay. I know you will say its the CVT, but it does not shudder when i accelerate. But it does jerk abit on light throttle or revs below 2k.

Just done the 120k service on my car today which consist of CVT flush, throttle body cleaned and valve clearances adjusted. Could it be the EGR valve? cause im not sure if they had checked that or not. The spark plugs have never been changed. Im just annoyed that i spend $900 on this service and i expected the sound and jerking will go away.

ECU-MAN
23-11-2012, 07:59 AM
a service will not fix worn/damaged parts

it does sound like its in the CVT

blk_shadow
25-11-2012, 05:08 PM
the CVT on Jazz is weak, especially when you drive the car hard from standing start and all around.

The CVT will finally let go. I had 3 GD Jazzes that had the CVT replaced when I was working at Honda. Get the dealer to diagnose it, hopefully your issue is much cheaper to fix.

chongy
25-11-2012, 10:58 PM
A similar thing happened to a friend of mine and it turned out to be a torn/damaged mount by the battery which is bolted to the tranny