PDA

View Full Version : NSW Help Registering a Vehicle

EM1187
23-11-2012, 11:12 AM
Hey guys,

Just a quick question, I need some guide/info just how to exactly register a vehicle I got.

Bought a rolling shell couple months ago with the VIN and signatures of me and the seller. (have receipt for purchasing shell EK4)

Motor that's going into the EK4 is from my EG8 which is a B18c2
(Vehicle is under my wife's name).

Now can you guys correct me if I'm wrong or guide me.

I need to register the vehicle EK4 into my wife's name since i'm suspended.
(but the purchase of the EK4 I signed)

I don't know if the seller has lodged his notice of disposal since I couldn't register it awhile ago due to having no motor in it.

Next I go get a blue slip and show them the receipt for proof of purchase of the Shell.
Get a recepit from my wife for the Motor on the EG8 (this is where I get lost since the
EK4 is going into her name).
provide both papers to the mechanic and pass a blue slip with flying colors since the car's OEM as can be.

Any helpful information would be nice.

Thanks guys!

trism
23-11-2012, 11:24 AM
Go get a blueslip with proof of purchase of the shell. Being your wife you shouldnt need a receipt for the engine. At the same time they will perform a change of records so that the new engine is properly mached with that VIN

Then just go and pay the rego at the RTA

EM1187
23-11-2012, 12:11 PM
You fully simplified it haha.
Thanks alot bro!

bennjamin
23-11-2012, 12:54 PM
OP

If the engineer is extremely picky or a hardcore honda person you MAY have issues - as the motor never came in that chassis and maybe an earlier emissions bracket (OBD2a vs OBD2b) - Just a heads up !

EM1187
23-11-2012, 12:57 PM
OP

If the engineer is extremely picky or a hardcore honda person you MAY have issues - as the motor never came in that chassis and maybe an earlier emissions bracket (OBD2a vs OBD2b) - Just a heads up !

Was a OBD0 before its been converted to all OBD2a I got the loom off you remember lol.

bennjamin
23-11-2012, 01:17 PM
Was a OBD0 before its been converted to all OBD2a I got the loom off you remember lol.

great to see :)

And I remember now lol

jase_scott
23-11-2012, 03:42 PM
A non obd b18c?
Well I never...
You sure bout that?

Op, let me know how much a bluey is these days and if you found a "good" inspector ;)

bennjamin
23-11-2012, 04:32 PM
A non obd b18c?
Well I never...
You sure bout that?

Op, let me know how much a bluey is these days and if you found a "good" inspector ;)

You misunderstood jase :0)

jase_scott
23-11-2012, 05:42 PM
You misunderstood jase :0)
Again??? Shiet... time to hang up me lanyard an get a ozvolvo one...
Can't even think what a eg8 is, jap b16 coupe?
There was a non obd EG?

bennjamin
23-11-2012, 09:56 PM
Again??? Shiet... time to hang up me lanyard an get a ozvolvo one...
Can't even think what a eg8 is, jap b16 coupe?
There was a non obd EG?

EG8 was the Vei i think.....it was , regardless OBD1. (typo by OP).

Dont worry JAse !

jase_scott
23-11-2012, 10:06 PM
Gotta clean up this joint Ben, damn mods have been a bit lax since I was last here.
Either that or I'm just getting real petty in my old age ;)

EM1187
24-11-2012, 08:06 AM
LOL, yeah the whole motor was ancient history it even has the GEN1 rocker cover where the DOHC is in bigger letters than the VTEC.

Oh and Jase_Scott the blue slip is pretty much a quick check n go since I work at a dealership, my manager's going to hook me up. Getting charged $100 without looking at the car. Usually they go from $70 - $80 I think.

jase_scott
24-11-2012, 08:33 AM
Ahhh, now I get it.
Thanx man, I'll just have to see if my old guy is still around.