PDA

View Full Version : front speaker help!

panda.monium3
27-11-2012, 06:40 PM
I just bought some 6.5 inch alpine type j speakers but they dont fit.Turns out the original speakers are 6 inches. I already soldered all the wires and stuff to the new speakers so I cant return them. Turns out they are too deep so it would hit the window, and the screw holes dont line up. Is there any possible way to mount them or would it be more affordable to get some 6 inch speakers. If so, what would fit the job. I dont have amps or subs, I dont blast music. I am only replacing the speakers because the original speaker didnt work when i got my car.

roberlonies
27-11-2012, 06:48 PM
spacers?

Red_EG4
27-11-2012, 10:54 PM
Check the clearance between the door trim and the front of the speaker, then make a spacer out of MDF or similar.

Honda
28-11-2012, 07:59 AM
I just bought some 6.5 inch alpine type j speakers but they dont fit.

I'm assuming it is the Alpine SPJ-17C2? According to the specs here: http://www.alpine.com.au/showItem.php?item_id=209

The mounting dept is 60mm. I'm also assuming that your tried to mount the speaker to the door metal (Had the same problem).

You will need to use spacers in order to fit the speakers + a few door trim modifications and/or spacer modification.

It is definitely possible to mount them, just needs abit of work :)

joeyybruh
28-11-2012, 08:04 AM
had the same problem when mounting 6.5 speakers in my EG .. the magnet of the speaker was pretty big lol but as stated above , use spacers .

mount the spacer to where it need be and mount the speaker over the spacer.

you can get diff sizes too so yeah

eg5civic
01-12-2012, 05:43 AM
had the same problem with my splits, just lathed up some plastic spacers at work :D

worked a treat. just dont space out too far or your trim wont fit back over on the door

Drifter995
03-12-2012, 07:02 PM
Mdf spacers. get 6.5" spacers, screw them into the stock holes, then screw the speaker onto them. That should give you both depth clearance, it'll let them sit flush, etc.

eeko
03-12-2012, 07:34 PM
all i did was cut the plastic door trim where its actually hitting the magnet .... it fits perfectly on a ek with cutting the full hole out. Use the supplied mounting bracket and it should be able to fit the speaker cover.

rice_picker
06-12-2012, 04:41 PM
Some MDF spacers will do fine as stated

Now just make sure your door is not leaking water in or else it will be a waste of those nice new speakers

Drifter995
08-12-2012, 01:23 AM
Some MDF spacers will do fine as stated

Now just make sure your door is not leaking water in or else it will be a waste of those nice new speakers

Even if it is, you can get foam pockets to put them in. I had some put in my old car, and boy of boy, they saved those speakers... A year in the rain and wind, and they still work...