PDA

View Full Version : bent driveshaft!!! -was bad bad vibration

h22a accord
17-03-2005, 12:14 PM
Hey all, some of u might have been reading over the past few months about a bad bad vibration and how i have been tring to find out what it is..in that process we have fixed a few things along the way, namely a couple of wheel bearings and engine mounts that needed replacing anyways.

I just had it up on the hoist and we ran it in gear and have discovered a bent drive shaft!!!!

im happy now, u may ask why but its because i can see whats wrong with it!!!!

so....time to bugger around. I have a spare shaft which i'll get the inner and outter c.v joints connected to then fingers crossed it should be fixed.

How the hell do i get a bent drive shaft?

my only conclusion could be is that the prelude shaft i am using is out of a front cut that had a decent accident on the passenger side front.

bennjamin
17-03-2005, 12:19 PM
is the ACTUAL driveshaft bent , or just the cvjoint end / spline end ?!?

That would definitley add/be the noise u are describing !
Woah !

h22a accord
17-03-2005, 12:27 PM
you can see the bend it it. like you put your finger in one spot about 2mm from the middle part of the shaft and it will hit your finger with every rotation.

Spoon-Accord
17-03-2005, 12:53 PM
man. that dash tacho looks like someones.. seen it somewhere before!!

OMG.. IT MINE!!

Lolz

bent driveshaft?

what the heck!!

ECU-MAN
17-03-2005, 11:01 PM
iv only ever seen bent shafts from acident damage. its pretty hard to do with out hitting something.

h22a accord
18-03-2005, 11:23 AM
iv only ever seen bent shafts from acident damage. its pretty hard to do with out hitting something.

yeh, that what i figured, the shaft came out of a smashed up bb prelude front cut. they must have hit a gutter in jdm land lolz.